She's so stagnant...

CharlieBlue8

Looking at the timeline of her career she has grown to be this popstar version of a popstar...

I feel like ever since her breakdown she's been trying so hard to regain her image as a the "princess of pop" that she lost herself and became this fake inauthentic overdosed version of one.  The lips, the platinum hair, still lip-synching, scraped daring music videos, the tan, the baby doll voice, crazy auto-tune, a billion dancers, las vegas...I feel like I can't reach her at any level anymore.  While I could "Britney through Blackout" era's.  She's become untouchable and disconnected.  The closest, and only thing to doing so is her Instagram.  : (

Is it just me?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Being stagnant isn't the same as being a fake version of yourself. So I don't get what you're talking about 

Sure it is.  She hasn't changed or evolved.  IE, she's stagnant.  

47 minutes ago, Daxx said:

I literally have no idea what you just said 

Whats your address, I'll mail you a dictionary.

4 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Sure it is.  She hasn't changed or evolved.  IE, she's stagnant.  

Whats your address, I'll mail you a dictionary.

Not changing doesn't mean you're a fake version of yourself. I can agree with her not evolving as an artist, but I don't get how that means she's a fake version of herself. It's pretty clear that this is who she wants to be.

Guest $elfish

when she opened up and was herself the media destroyed her 

even after giving birth to 2 children and breast feeding which is a sensitive state for a woman

having a close family member die 

and having the paparazzi swarm her

she has the right to be fake and not show the media her real self again i honestly feel so bad for her 

and still to this day people mock her after what shes been through 

she deserves to be in history books 

britney is a true legend :mcry:

2 hours ago, --- said:

it happens to everyone in the industry. eventually they become a parody of themselves, like a mirror image, only hitting a checklist of criteria.

True story. Look at Madonna, Mariah, MJ and Whitney (in their final years)... always trying to be what they used to in their prime, instead of freeing themselves to do whatever music they want to do. Lots of pressure to be cool and sell albums instead of evolving into something that might be different than what people expect. 

7 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

I feel like ever since her breakdown she's been trying so hard to regain her image as a the "princess of pop" that she lost herself and became this fake inauthentic overdosed version of herself. 

I think that's all there is to her though. Britney's never been an overly intelligent, respectable artist. She lips, doesn't write her own songs, doesn't really talk too much (and when it does who knows if it'll make sense or sound like a kid). She's always been the visual artist that looks good and dances in videos and onstage s she tries to maintain the youthfulness (which every celeb does really). But yeah I think that's all she knows to do. Plus it's obvious that she's highly guarded since the breakdown - that's why she has such a kid voice. It's a defense mechanism. 

25 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I think that's all there is to her though. Britney's never been an overly intelligent, respectable artist. She lips, doesn't write her own songs, doesn't really talk too much (and when it does who knows if it'll make sense or sound like a kid). She's always been the visual artist that looks good and dances in videos and onstage s she tries to maintain the youthfulness (which every celeb does really). But yeah I think that's all she knows to do. Plus it's obvious that she's highly guarded since the breakdown - that's why she has such a kid voice. It's a defense mechanism. 

She doesn't writer her own songs except for Everytime, of course.

But I will say all her unreleased material that she did write clearly shows how much lack of control she had as far as music goes.  Music videos, on the other hand, are a different story until lately.

I wonder how come few people point this clip out from September 1998 (5:31):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btUZJr_4MvM

I find the clip hilarious because that Teleghraph article from last month said that every outfit was carefully manufactured/calculated for her by "image consultants" and many say Spears was not responsible for her image in videos (the marketing was obviously from other people) but a pre-famous Britney blatantly says she had "a lot of input" on her first music video and mentions "wearing uniforms...going out to the hall...and the next scene we're outside with all my friends just dancing."

If Britney wasn't responsible for the success of her first music video why does she say in September 1998 that she "had a lot of imput" in her first music video?

I would also say that the Oops I did it Again video, which was also her idea (catsuit and Mars; she even says she wants a red catsuit in MTV making the video) according to Nigel ****, was more responsible than ...Baby One More Time for her career success because without a memorable video in the age of TRL she would have been a one hit wonder.

I don't think she's trying to regain any image. If any, the years after the breakdown seemed more like she would prefer to erase any image of what Britney Spears was, and just be swallowed by the earth.

The platinum hair, the tan, everything else, it's just her. It's what she thinks is cool. It's what she's always thought is cool. And when she's wanted to change it, she's done it, like in 2013 or 2014 when she went brunette. I don't even think she sees herself as a popstar. I think she just sees music as her job, but I get the impression that she feels disconnected from the music scene and other artists in general. And most importantly, disconnected from "her prime" and whatever she did in the past. I doubt she's trying to go back to that.

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

She doesn't writer her own songs except for Everytime, of course.

But I will say all her unreleased material that she did write clearly shows how much lack of control she had as far as music goes.  Music videos, on the other hand, are a different story until lately.

I wonder how come few people point this clip out from September 1998 (5:31):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btUZJr_4MvM

I find the clip hilarious because that Teleghraph article from last month said that every outfit was carefully manufactured/calculated for her by "image consultants" and many say Spears was not responsible for her image in videos (the marketing was obviously from other people) but a pre-famous Britney blatantly says she had "a lot of input" on her first music video and mentions "wearing uniforms...going out to the hall...and the next scene we're outside with all my friends just dancing."

If Britney wasn't responsible for the success of her first music video why does she say in September 1998 that she "had a lot of imput" in her first music video?

I would also say that the Oops I did it Again video, which was also her idea (catsuit and Mars; she even says she wants a red catsuit in MTV making the video) according to Nigel ****, was more responsible than ...Baby One More Time for her career success because without a memorable video in the age of TRL she would have been a one hit wonder.

I think she had more input during BOMT-ITZ days but it's not bc of a conservatorship - it's bc once she became a mom, she clearly doesnt care about her career as much as she used to. She used to want to be involved in everything and now who knows. It doesn't seem like she cares to truly be involved. 

You guys do the most with this drama when you're bored.

She has the most authentic social media out of all the popstars.

Memes, photos in her lazy clothes, her kids, her workouts, etc.

Just face the fact that she's done with all the glamour. This is an industry that tore her down just as fast as it built her up. Be thankful she's still even recording music for us, and has the passion to do that.

5 hours ago, morango said:

True story. Look at Madonna, Mariah, MJ and Whitney (in their final years)... always trying to be what they used to in their prime, instead of freeing themselves to do whatever music they want to do. Lots of pressure to be cool and sell albums instead of evolving into something that might be different than what people expect. 

yeah it tends to be when the machine becomes too big and out of touch. they rely on marketing strategies and it loses all genuine quality.

11 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

when she opened up and was herself the media destroyed her 

even after giving birth to 2 children and breast feeding which is a sensitive state for a woman

having a close family member die 

and having the paparazzi swarm her

she has the right to be fake and not show the media her real self again i honestly feel so bad for her 

and still to this day people mock her after what shes been through 

she deserves to be in history books 

britney is a true legend :mcry:

Archived