Has Britney become a nostalgia act?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney needs a new Baby One More Time or Toxic, just one massive hit that could attract the GP. Everyone was practically saying she can't possibly match BOMT but when Toxic was released, that was enough for her to transition into a mature, edgy artist. 

She just needs one hit. Just one. 

In the last ten years, she had four songs that could have done that for her - Gimme More, Till The World Ends, Work *****, and Make Me. Unfortunately, we all know what happened there.

3 hours ago, breaktheiceofmrv said:

Her team is trying to sell her as a nostalgia act because of Vegas since it's a greatest hits show but she actually isn't.

3 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I would say yes probably to the GP because Vegas is mostly based on the older hits and she only revamps to include like two new songs. And when she performs outside of Vegas she has mainly been performing all the old hits. 

47 minutes ago, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

To non-fans for sure.. even her team and herself capitalize and use that, I mean... she had so many opportunities to promote Glory on all the festivals she was on but she basically only performed Make Me and then promoted Vegas with her Greatest Hits... :wtfdidusay:

2 hours ago, laurelhenessy said:

Britney needs a new Baby One More Time or Toxic, just one massive hit that could attract the GP. Everyone was practically saying she can't possibly match BOMT but when Toxic was released, that was enough for her to transition into a mature, edgy artist. 

She just needs one hit. Just one. 

In the last ten years, she had four songs that could have done that for her - Gimme More, Till The World Ends, Work *****, and Make Me. Unfortunately, we all know what happened there.

BRITNEY STARTED HER MUSIC CARRER WHEN THESE WERE AROUND TOO:

RICKY MARTIN

MACY GRAY

TONI BRAXTON

MICHELLE BRANCH

JESSICA SIMPSON

NELLY

MYA

SAMANTHA MUMBA

DIDO

BLU CANTRELL

EVE

CRAZY TOWN

O TOWN

NELLY FURTADO

WILLA FORD

DEBELAH MORGAN

NICKELBACK

ASHANTI

CHRISTINA MILLIAN

USHER

VANESSA CARLTON

KELLY CLARKSON

JA RULE

EVANESCENCE

LUMIDEE

ASHLEY SIMPSON ..............

AND BRITNEY STILL WAS ABLE TO HAVE TOP 20 HIT LAST YEAR (MAKE ME WAS 17 RIGHT?

• Super Mods

I think the fans are too hard on her and keep calling her lazy and unmotivated but the past months she's been doing more promo than the last two eras and her songs are hit worthy and very current so she has what it takes, it's just her team that's holding her back and treating her like the other 90's artists. 

Archived