Has Britney become a nostalgia act?

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

Do you feel like she is current or her current success is due to the fact that she is nostalgia act?

even her team is trying to make her 'relevant' to the gp based on what she's done in her prime and not now

18 hours ago, WilderWein said:

To say that about Betonce is delusional tbh. And no i dont like her at all..

tbh beyonce doesnt have any iconic songs.

the only thing that people would sing along is single ladies. she might be succesful rn, but she doesnt have her BOMT, OIDIA, TOXIC, WOMANIZER, GIMME MORE etc.
beyonce is just succesfull thats it. i dont even know the lyrics to her songs. and i only know the choruus of single ladies. lol

7 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

tbh beyonce doesnt have any iconic songs.

the only thing that people would sing along is single ladies. she might be succesful rn, but she doesnt have her BOMT, OIDIA, TOXIC, WOMANIZER, GIMME MORE etc.
beyonce is just succesfull thats it. i dont even know the lyrics to her songs. and i only know the choruus of single ladies. lol

Just because you don't know lyrics doesn't mean anything. I'm sure we could find millions of people who don't know certain Britney lyrics either.

Beyonce has several iconic songs and that is a fact. She is also a VOCALIST, so her songs live on through covers and competitions in true iconic fashion. Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies and Halo are all iconic. Those songs have all sold more, been viewed more, been on radio more, performed more, referenced more, purchased more and streamed more than anything Britney has released post-OIDIA. Stop being biased.

1 minute ago, ITZFFGL said:

Just because you don't know lyrics doesn't mean anything. I'm sure we could find millions of people who don't know certain Britney lyrics either.

Beyonce has several iconic songs and that is a fact. She is also a VOCALIST, so her songs live on through covers and competitions in true iconic fashion. Crazy In Love, Irreplaceable, Single Ladies and Halo are all iconic. Those songs have all sold more, been viewed more, been on radio more, performed more, referenced more, purchased more and streamed more than anything Britney has released post-OIDIA. Stop being biased.

they might sell better but they are not even iconic or remembered.  :shameless:

toxic> beyonces existence :staysalty:

Just now, 3Pney said:

they might sell better but they are not even iconic or remembered.  :shameless:

toxic> beyonces existence :staysalty:

SALES is not all I mentioned. "To the left" is more iconic than anything related to Toxic as a whole when discussing pop culture.

4 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

LOL. you just wish.  u made me laugh. poor thiefonce fan :shameless:

LOL it was the 25th most successful song of the 2000s decade and a 10 week #1.

But keep being biased and using tired nicknames when someone is trying to have a legitimate conversation! I love both Britney and Beyonce, two artists with several iconic moments and hits to their name. You just sound delusional and upset for some reason. :shameless:

Just now, ITZFFGL said:

LOL it was the 25th most successful song of the 2000s decade and a 10 week #1.

But keep being biased and using tired nicknames when someone is trying to have a legitimate conversation! I love both Britney and Beyonce, two artists with several iconic moments and hits to their name. You just sound delusional and upset for some reason. :shameless:

since u spend ur time on a brinni forum instead of a beyonka one, i guess we know who the winner is. :shameless:

:staysalty:

18 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

IP ban sil vous plait

mariah-wave-bye.gif

Hah boo where? Maybe to most of today's GP she's  just another artist mom listened to back in day but she is a bonafide legend who continues to crank out hits. I will admit her recent endeavors have not swayed public opinion or garnered her great success, but all she needs is a brand new club banger single before she is back in the spotlight. Once she gets the public's attention she can capitalize and craft a fantastic pop dance album and return to her former Glory. She is anything but a nostalgia act. It's not Queen's fault she's been slaying the game since the 90's :truthtea:

The last album we had with "classic Britney hits" was FF with TTWE. So... in a way, yes. WB, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Make Me..., Slumber Party are all forgotten songs in the public's mind. WB is more popular than the others but I don't think the GP sees it as the same as TTWE. FF had mass appeal. 

On 2/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, laurelhenessy said:

Britney needs a new Baby One More Time or Toxic, just one massive hit that could attract the GP. Everyone was practically saying she can't possibly match BOMT but when Toxic was released, that was enough for her to transition into a mature, edgy artist. 

She just needs one hit. Just one. 

In the last ten years, she had four songs that could have done that for her - Gimme More, Till The World Ends, Work *****, and Make Me. Unfortunately, we all know what happened there.

She sold it though. I don't see it happening in the current Britney's state now that the comeback hype has died.

I have hope but it's even hard to imagine a ff type hit tbh 

Archived