Proof that there's not gonna be a 3rd Glory single

OopsOverprotected

Do you guys remember that Radar was not only on Blackout but on Circus too?
That's because they promised the writers of Radar that they are gonna release it as a single. What happened was that after releasing Break The Ice as a single it didn't chart well and they cancelled the Radar release for Blackout. 
But they kept their promise and put Radar on the Circus album. 

So my point here is: Slumber Party didn't chart high and the chance that they're gonna release another single is not really high. 
Too bad tho... there are so many songs on Glory which have single potential & video potential. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres not gonna be a 3rd single 100%, trust me i know it, dont ask me how. RCA gave up on the album, its sales are pathetic, singles are charting horribly and music videos have insanely low views so RCA decided not to waste money on filming new music videos and "promoting" . Basically they decided to blame her instead of their shitty treatment. Either way you can say bye to Glory :(

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

theres not gonna be a 3rd single 100%, trust me i know it, dont ask me how. RCA gave up on the album, its sales are pathetic, singles are charting horribly and music videos have insanely low views so RCA decided not to waste money on filming new music videos and "promoting" . Basically they decided to blame her instead of their shitty treatment. Either way you can say bye to Glory :(

If those sales are pathetic then by that logic the majority of those in the industry should quit as those are numbers for one project that most would have hoped for in any day let alone in 2016 when sales are dead. Also, is say 56 million views for a video released a few months ago 'insanely low' or are you not just comparing her to the 'insanely high' view counts of fellow artists? Get some perspective, pronto. 

Lastly, I agree there will be no 3rd single - however your theory that it's because of 'pathetic' sales etc is rubbish. The album would have been expected to have had a bigger bang on release but I know they'll see as business people what prevented them from creating a bigger hype/ bigger sales. If she'd performed SuperBowl and there was no clear benefit - her team would worry. 

You can't be worried about a moderately successful album performance when you've delivered a moderately successful promotional plan. This idea of the team thinking it's hopeless and pathetic is just utter bullshit. 

5 hours ago, OopsOverprotected said:

So my point here is: Slumber Party didn't chart high and the chance that they're gonna release another single is not really high. 
Too bad tho... there are so many songs on Glory which have single potential & video potential. 

Back in 2001 she had a Radio ban and all of her "Britney" singles were bombing in US but they kept releasing singles, and even internationally "I love Rock N Roll" didn't do good either and they still released "Boys" which didn't do good either and they still released "Anticipating" in France, she had more singles in that era than any other of her albums but they kept releasing singles because her album was selling. 

Look at a more recent case which is "Rebel heart" by Madonna, the lead single bombed and missed the Hot 100, the second single bombed again and missed a lot of charts WW , but they were able to still release a 3rd single because her album was still selling at that time, once the album stopped selling they stopped releasing singles.

So, "Slumber Party" not charting well is not necessarily the reason they won't likely release a 3rd single, its more likely the fact the album is not selling at this point due to waiting too much for releasing a second single which basically kiled the album. If she had released the second single on time around September when the album was still fresh no matter if the single didn't perform that good I bet it would have sustained the album better and we would have a 3rd single by now in consequence. 

1 hour ago, AdamSkye said:

If those sales are pathetic then by that logic the majority of those in the industry should quit as those are numbers for one project that most would have hoped for in any day let alone in 2016 when sales are dead. Also, is say 56 million views for a video released a few months ago 'insanely low' or are you not just comparing her to the 'insanely high' view counts of fellow artists? Get some perspective, pronto. 

Lastly, I agree there will be no 3rd single - however your theory that it's because of 'pathetic' sales etc is rubbish. The album would have been expected to have had a bigger bang on release but I know they'll see as business people what prevented them from creating a bigger hype/ bigger sales. If she'd performed SuperBowl and there was no clear benefit - her team would worry. 

You can't be worried about a moderately successful album performance when you've delivered a moderately successful promotional plan. This idea of the team thinking it's hopeless and pathetic is just utter bullshit. 

the delusion is real with this one

OGsuT0g.jpg.6379b6bfc6fd5186cc4a6ad527af

Well, there you have it, it's because there's no financial return by any means, album sells, single sells or even a tour to sustain more releases :yeaok: in case they do it, they must promote it real hard in order to be successful but RCA as well as team Britney know it won't happen because,  well you know... :tiffdrink:

Anyways,  I didn't like Glory that much to die if there's no more singles,  if she releases more ofc I will be hyped but if she doesn't,  OK we can move straight to B10 :tiffhair:

2 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

I think the album wouldn't have been the biggest hit but they need to take responsibility in their handling. It didn't need to flop THAT HARD. Britney herself was great most of the time

she desperately needs a new label (a new team is unrealistic tbh). Its discouraging with 16 other songs they couldn't just upload the next biggest streamer on YouTube (do you wanna, change your mind) to test the waters

Oh well, Britney improves each outing and getting more confident and **** and the album is great too. Lets hope this is a warm up and her label/team comes prepared next era. This whole mess seems like a mixtape

5 minutes ago, RTC said:

I think the album wouldn't have been the biggest hit but they need to take responsibility in their handling. It didn't need to flop THAT HARD. Britney herself was great

she desperately needs a new label (a new team is unrealistic tbh)

I guess for me I don't see it as a flop. 

It was a moderate hit like Make Me was with pretty predictable sales for both in my opinion. I think the sales matched the effects of the marketing directly. We saw a small feature of Make Me (although with no mention of the song) at the Vmas and saw a matching rise in sales right after. It wasn't a major rise in sales because it wasn't a major performance that was going to get headlines. If she had smashed the vmas with Make Me and the effect was minimal still - there'd be cause for concern. All this era proved to me is Britney can still create a Big Bang - just needs to be a bit more strategic with things. 

Both Glory and Make Me had more to give is all. They both could have charted that little bit higher and fans would have been content. Slumber Party is the only one that can be called a flop but then who'd expect it to chart higher with no promotion? Lol 

7 minutes ago, AdamSkye said:

I guess for me I don't see it as a flop. 

It was a moderate hit like Make Me was with pretty predictable sales for both in my opinion. I think the sales matched the effects of the marketing directly. We saw a small feature of Make Me (although with no mention of the song) at the Vmas and saw a matching rise in sales right after. It wasn't a major rise in sales because it wasn't a major performance that was going to get headlines. If she had smashed the vmas with Make Me and the effect was minimal still - there'd be cause for concern. All this era proved to me is Britney can still create a Big Bang - just needs to be a bit more strategic with things. 

Both Glory and Make Me had more to give is all. They both could have charted that little bit higher and fans would have been content. Slumber Party is the only one that can be called a flop but then who'd expect it to chart higher with no promotion? Lol 

True. "What U See is What U Get"  as Britney would say. Hopefully this is a warm up and B10 they come with a better thought out plan. (Like Blackout-Circus). I mean at this point her team and her shouldn't have to worry so much about chasing hits but instead of providing quality work, they made her big star now adjust to her new life and the changing music landscape

First of all get your facts right, Radar's release was not cancelled due to BTI's charting position......Jive never cared about that.....all the Britney singles flopped miserably in the US but they kept releasing them! It was cancelled because she had started working on Circus and they felt it was time to move on. Also Radar wasn't just promised there was literally a contractual agreement that it had to be a single! 

Also I'm not quite sure how the Radar situation explains no more singles from Glory? 

Archived