The Britney of the New Generation

redacted statement

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin Bieber definitely. They're very similar artists. And Britney herself has said during interviews that she sees something in him too. I think she cares about him and doesn't want him to get ruined by the music industry like she did. 

And also no shade, but I think it's funny how great dancing for other artists is considered shitty by britney standards. She set the bar so high for herself. 

Justin Bieber. Humble beginnings like Britney. Became very, very famous very, very fast like Britney Spears did. Huge global following like Britney. Similar boy next door (girl next door) personality. Tons of haters. Brings in the viewers. Media loves to trash him like Brit. Did the genre crossover very well with boyfriend, what do you mean...Slave 4 u. Where r u now was his first and only Grammy for best dance recording (Britney's was and is only for toxic for best dance recording). Both are underrated. Went through or still is going through a don't care going to be a little stoner and trashy phase.  He's definitely going through some sort of mental issues these days. I wish they would collaborate. 

I can kinda see that. Her MV views are insane, her likes on instagram are ..wow. So I assume she's really famous. 

Although, yes, she's NOT on Britney's level when it comes to performing, stage presence, charisma or overall impact on people but she seems really sweet and humble. Her music is catchy too.

PS- Don't come for Stars Dance, it was my favorite album in 2013, and Revival is good too, has several catchy songs.  

On 2/16/2017 at 10:37 PM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

I mean... I tried! Not even Oops... or Baby One More Time era Britney?

You haven't been around then I suppose. You can't IMAGINE the level of stardom Britney had from the very beginning :yaknow:

No other pop act can even remotely compare with that amount of star power for a teenager :queenriri:

On 16.2.2017 at 9:24 PM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

Obviously all of us know that our Godney can't be replaced BUT (unless she already has been, conspiracies y'know)... I want to see what other people think, basically here's the deal, which modern day popstar is most similar to Britney Spears (doesn't have to be Primeney). You can judge based on anything from public image, the way the artist tries to present themselves, their music and so on and so on...

I think I am going with Selena Gomez (stay with me) :donewithit:, here's why:

• both started out on Disney
  • Selena is a huge, huge, huge fan of Britney which probably indicates some sort of influence :ponderney:
  • Britney mentioned many times that she was inspired by Selena for Glory
  • Selena is pretty much just as sweet and humble as Britney, haven't heard her say anything bad about anyone :verycool:
  • both are heavily criticized for their lack of powerful vocals :quirkney:
  • Selena has only two albums (as a solo artist) but she has already pulled a Britney, her first album is basically Britney Jean (as in not good) and then Revival is full of mother freaking bops (Glory)
  • both are amazingly gorgeous natural beauties, no one in this world can deny how beautiful current day Selena and Britney (especially Primeney) are :pieceofwhat: 

Obviously Selena isn't anywhere near the level of Britney but, just like Brit back in the day, Selena sells albums just because of her name and brand and her success can probably be connected to little girls wanting to be her and little boys wanting to be inside of her (just like early 00s Britney).

giphy.gif

Your thoughts?

Noe one. Literally no one today has an ounce of talent and star pwoer, with natural charm like Britney.

Archived