I talked with my friends about Britney (NO STANS)

OopsOverprotected

So yesterday I talked about Britney with my friends. I don't even know how the topic came up but suddenly one of my friends said like

"Uh I liked that song -It's Britney *****-"

and I said to him "Are you talking about Scream & Shout with will.i.am?"

And he was like "No, no the other one. It's the last song I know from her. Does she even still release music?"

So basically he thought that "Gimme More" was the last song she had, at least the last song he knows of. Then he opened up his Spotify & I said that it's on the Blackout album and he played "Piece of Me" and said he liked that too. 

Well, then I told him that Brit had many more songs than GM & POM and showed him Womanizer, Circus, Till The World Ends & Work ***** and he was surprised that he knew all of these songs & said "I didn't even know they were by Britney Spears". 
Then I told him about Glory in 2016 and he was kinda surprised she still makes music & I showed him "Make Me" and asked him if he knows about it - he said no. 
But then my other friend he said "Oh yea I heard that song on the radio. It's actually quite cool. I heard it on the radio & they said afterwards that it's Britney Spears. When people hear the song they might like it but when they hear it's from Britney Spears they probably won't like it." 
And then we talked about how her image was ruined after 2007 and stuff. 

And Slumber Party? They've never heard of it.
And funny fact: THEY KNEW ABOUT VEGAS SHOW HAHAHAHA

Why do people dislike stuff when they hear it's Britney Spears? I don't get that. 
We also talked about how sad 2007 was and that people shouldn't be judged by things like that and they agreed but well that's what the GP mostly thinks.
What do you all think? Why is that the case? And have you had similar experiences with your friends?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SexyJeans said:

I feel like a lot of people still defines Britney by 2007 and the head shaving so they wont give her a chance

But people could forgive Justin Bieber for the **** he did because "Everybody makes mistakes and deserves second chances" :gloss:

sad but true. They also forgave Chris Brown and ,well, literally everyone except Britney. I don't get it

Guest Diamond Horse
Just now, OopsOverprotected said:

And she did not really hurt anyone. She was just hurt herself. 

it's sad. that part of human relations I will never understand.

Its not even funny how badly she needs decent promotion and marketing experts. Smart and passionate ones too!

The reason why not everyone knows Britney is still releasing music is because they haven't done proper promotion 
since the Circus era and because they haven't had any decent marketing strategies since her prime. 
I find it very weird though that your friend never heard of Womanizer, Circus and TTWE tbh... because they were big hits.
I mean Britney was talked about by almost everyone during the circus era as well... it was her huge comeback. 

My friends say similar stuff tbh :snapney: a few of them even heard slumber party on the radio and said its the best song she's released in years, literally :queenriri: (based on the beat and the fact it isn't bubble gum pop) 

IA with when people hear it's Britney they instantly dislike the song, I've played some songs and people were into into it and when I said Britney they were like "oh" and turned against it :ponderney:

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

Britney is a woman and we live in an incredible misogynistic society. 

So sad yet so true 

My friends literally idolize Justin Bieber. They're like "the media is so shitty to him, as well as non-fans", yet it was/is so much worse for Britney. She just keeps to herself, posts her random stuff on IG, performs in Vegas and the occasional promotional performance, yet she's attacked far worse. Yet Justin Bieber is talked about like he's god or something, I really don't get it

3 hours ago, Britney gamer88 said:

Hmm your friends are 10? 

Cause you know it's impossible not recognize Britney's voice in womanizer and circus... it's classic Britney

also you never talk about Britney with your friends?:mhmsureny:

No they are both 22. And for us of course it sounds like typical Britney but for people who don't care it's just a pop song on the radio. Maybe it's better that way so people listen to the song before they judge it when they hear it's by Britney. 

Your friends thought her most recent song was 'Gimme More'? :nydisgust: That's really sad considering she's released four albums and had several hit singles since then.  The fact that they didn't know 'Womanizer', 'Circus', etc., were by Britney is even worse since Circus was her big comeback and those songs were everywhere.  That speaks more to their ignorance than anything.  

Well my last two conversations that I had with people about her one said he doesn't like her because her voice is annoying to him, which fair enough I mean it's possible to not like it, but the other person was like why are you listening to her she is a 90s singer. So I guess it's either they don't like her for her music or they think she is old school and it's kinda not cool to listen to her. But to be honest since I remember there is always two options either people love her like us or they hate her and think it's lame to listen to her. Still don't understand why but that's how it is :(  One other girl, that is a huge obsessed fan with justin Bieber, also can't understand why I am obsessed with Britney. She was like how can you like her when you're a girl and she is also like she doesn't understand why I am obsessed with a female artist and she sees it as normal to be stannibg for a male one. So I guess that is another way people see it as weird. 

5 minutes ago, timito said:

Well my last two conversations that I had with people about her one said he doesn't like her because her voice is annoying to him, which fair enough I mean it's possible to not like it, but the other person was like why are you listening to her she is a 90s singer. So I guess it's either they don't like her for her music or they think she is old school and it's kinda not cool to listen to her. But to be honest since I remember there is always two options either people love her like us or they hate her and think it's lame to listen to her. Still don't understand why but that's how it is :(  One other girl, that is a huge obsessed fan with justin Bieber, also can't understand why I am obsessed with Britney. She was like how can you like her when you're a girl and she is also like she doesn't understand why I am obsessed with a female artist and she sees it as normal to be stannibg for a male one. So I guess that is another way people see it as weird. 

what? hahahh isn't it possible to support another female as a female? so stupid.

Just now, OopsOverprotected said:

what? hahahh isn't it possible to support another female as a female? so stupid.

I dot know really :D she doesn't understand also how I can have for  example posters of Britney in my room :D which I actually have a calendar for 2017 and some pics are of Britney wearig her intimidate collection so she thought that was weird also :D 

Archived