Will this next britney era be worse than Glory?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That's because the true magic happens with Max Martin + Britney Spears.

I'm here for Darkchild too, even Pharrell. Bloodshy & Avant, I don't think they'll work together again, and Danja, Blackout was enough, Kill the Lights was really good, but the last demos he's shown for BJ and such, sound awful. There's a reason why he's been rejected.

Max Martin has proved he can evolve in his sound, at least when it comes to Britney. Even though a lot of people will say it's the same in the first albums, there's actually a smooth transition from BOMT, to OIDIA, then Britney, and it's obvious they were gonna sound similar because they were released back to back. But then for example, IUSA was something completely different, totally ad hoc for the Britney post-breakdown. Then 3 and FF brought the EDM music to the mainstream pop. So I'm actually dying to hear what else can they create for us, I'm sure they will be able to do something different, because it's been 6 years since they last worked together (I feel old af). So it's time they make those hits again, enough with the experiments that were BJ, PG, Glory; they were great but it's time to go back to her pop roots.

I'm not totally.opposed but not for her team to take over like they did for FF/BJ. BJ and PG aren't experimenting, they were basic stains. They can make a song or two with him with weirdney. 

6 hours ago, CJMCH said:

They learnt the lesson with BJ but the whole plan failed with the first single's early leak and MV fiasco.

Her next era HAS to be as iconic as Toxic if they really want to revamp her career.

I trust her, but her team better have a good plan.

I still don't understand how she keeps having leaks. It seems almost every other era there is a leak, whether it is visuals or audio. How does that happen? Beyoncé can record an entire album AND videos and no one know a thing. But Britney can't make one video without a leak? Makes no sense.

I really dont know anymore. I feel like its time to pull a Joanna or an Anti tbh...

She needs something different in her musical range.. but what will work? It could go well or it could flop hard.

People need to see her as an artist or somewhat musically talented rather than pushing out these catchy pop songs we all love. I really dont know how to freshen up her career at this point and make her relevant as she used to be

As long as she makes another amazing album like Glory, I'm not worried about the rest.  

8 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

They are gonna get max Martin back. At least for a couple tracks. It's her only sure fire way.

I hope so, because Britney & Max literally can do no wrong.  They're pure magic together.  But even a Max Martin song isn't a sure thing for her anymore.   No matter who produces her songs, she'll have to bust her *** to make them hits.   She's no longer in the position to sit back & chill as her **** debuts at #1 just because she's Britney Spears.  Those days are long gone. 

9 hours ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

she needs to promote, sing live sometimes, make a good album and dance her *** off to get GPs attention again. She lost the opportunity to perform on PCA's and AMA's. btw Glory era died on the VMAs, when people were expecting so much and the performance was so simple. :mj:

(1) She'll never sing live again.  It ain't happening.  Deal with it.  (2) A performance at the PCAs wouldn't have done ****.  That show is low-rated and low-rent.  I mean, Britney didn't even bother filming a 5-second acceptance video. :britdrown: (3) She promoted Glory more than her last few albums combined, so lack of promo isn't a big issue anymore.   (4) The BBMAs were probably as close to "dancing her *** off" as she's going to get, and even it didn't win back the GP or do any real good.

If she wants to interest people again, she has to reinvent herself somehow.  For the most part she's had the exact same image her entire career, and it's stale AF.  People aren't invested in Britney Spears dancing, lip-syncing, and singing about *** like it's still 2003.  Nothing is going to change until Britney decides she's tired of being stagnant.  

It will be worse or just like Glory era. She needs two things to get a hit album and to be recognised by the general public:

1. Sing live on live television. The number of performances she gave us for Glory are fine, but they should be all on live tv and with live vocals. No choreography, no props and no backup dancers are needed.

2. Controversy. Controversy is very important to sell in the music industry and she knew that once. Now all her performances and appearences are pretty boring and even her music videos are not risky. 

She definitely needs to prove that she is the princess of pop and that she wants to be that. No more safe performances.

Now that she fully recovered from her breakdown she really needs to prove who she is with all her energy.

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I still don't understand how she keeps having leaks. It seems almost every other era there is a leak, whether it is visuals or audio. How does that happen? Beyoncé can record an entire album AND videos and no one know a thing. But Britney can't make one video without a leak? Makes no sense.

Her fans are not dumb. They keep things to themselves until it's the right time to post it, instead of starting leaking everything on social media like the brasilian fans did when they got their hands on the Vimeo leaks of Make Me. Yet, as of now, the same people haven't posted the HQ clips.

Worse as long as Vegas is all she's going to be promoting.

Killing MM with that tragic video and terrible choreo/cheap production at the VMA's was a misfire. When you're freaking Britney Spears, the supposed Queen of the VMA stage and haven't performed in almost a decade, you had to have delivered. Instead you get a leotard, a mimed cover version of someone else's song and after Bey's pretentious performance. I would have booked the BBMA's thing for the VMA's for the sheer fact that signaled comeback more than anything. The lack of male dancers and any ****** vibe also rendered the performance at the VMA's rather tame. The song was building to be somewhat huge with the hype of the video after the clips leaked and then when the reshot version was the official thing, no one cared. We were teased with the return of sexualney and instead we got yet another tame, safe video.

It also didn't help she spent a long time promoting MM when people already had passed on it and with the tragic styling/choreo it was given. That coupled with every promotion spot being a promo gig for the Vegas show, just seemed to push the idea that Britney had nothing to offer but her hits. The album should have been the selling point even if the performances were not in Vegas because selling is what gives the artist more support from the label and after BJ underperformed, she needed to come back with a punch and she didn't aside with her music. Vegas has helped a lot but in some ways damned her by being the only thing she promoted at festivals when she had a record that not only was different from her last two albums but had her touch all over it instead of autopilot Britney on FF/BJ.

The era was off to a good start with the magazines showcasing her new fit body, the revamp of POM with her slaying and looking amazing and the BBMA's bringing back her swagger that we all wanted MM to be the powerhouse hit it should have been but with the video being scrapped, getting a new reshot tame version and the aesthetic completely being a mess, you couldn't tease your public with this new **** Britney and then give us another boring, BJ with better energy/Vegas image again.

If she wants to be moderately successful, she needs to leave Vegas, not work herself to death like in her prime but seem more engaged in promoting, some live performances, some pre-recorded vocals, better choreos and give interviews showing how songs came to be, how the album was produced, some personality to show Britney isn't this person who has albums crafted for her anymore and she has a hand in them. The idea is that Britney is a puppet that can't sing, dance or has no brain and by giving a fraction of a damn, it would not only shut her naysayers up but give Britney that respect the industry always denies her. Homegirl is smart but her promo team has a poor way of marketing her in today's musical landscape.

10 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

He had one of the biggest singles of the year with justin. And that terrible pink song. He hasn't done much else over the last year though.

Max Martin did Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman," "Into You," and "Side to Side." He definitely still has it.

(I personally don't like "Side to Side" even though it's a massive hit, but I think the first two singles are among the best pop songs released this past year).

3 hours ago, mathewlovesbritney said:

I really dont know anymore. I feel like its time to pull a Joanna or an Anti tbh...

She needs something different in her musical range.. but what will work? It could go well or it could flop hard.

People need to see her as an artist or somewhat musically talented rather than pushing out these catchy pop songs we all love. I really dont know how to freshen up her career at this point and make her relevant as she used to be

This 

I think part of her problem is the GP thinks all she has to offer are songs about *** or having fun and they're over it!

I think B10 needs to be a modern day ITZ and what I mean by that is an album that's totally different for her/experimental/personal with mature/deep songs I mean even some of the ****** songs on ITZ are mature and sophisticated for example TOMH! The majority of B10 should be non ****** and I would like to see her work with a lot of new producers that are not extremely popular as well as maybe a few she's worked with before like Bloodshy and Mark Taylor! 

Also I can't at everyone wanting her to work with Max again she cant keep running to him for hits it looks pathetic and shows no artistic growth! 

Archived