Will this next britney era be worse than Glory?

13 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

Key to success is PROMOTION

And tbh quite honest I dont think Britney has that word in her vocabulary  :otears:

Also, call me old fashioned but while the majority of people buy digital media and stream, the lack of physical CD's in store also didn't help. That's also how out of the loop people find out about music. I see one, if any copies at all, in stores when I go. It's sad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dollanganger said:

Worse as long as Vegas is all she's going to be promoting.

Killing MM with that tragic video and terrible choreo/cheap production at the VMA's was a misfire. When you're freaking Britney Spears, the supposed Queen of the VMA stage and haven't performed in almost a decade, you had to have delivered. Instead you get a leotard, a mimed cover version of someone else's song and after Bey's pretentious performance. I would have booked the BBMA's thing for the VMA's for the sheer fact that signaled comeback more than anything. The lack of male dancers and any ****** vibe also rendered the performance at the VMA's rather tame. The song was building to be somewhat huge with the hype of the video after the clips leaked and then when the reshot version was the official thing, no one cared. We were teased with the return of sexualney and instead we got yet another tame, safe video.

It also didn't help she spent a long time promoting MM when people already had passed on it and with the tragic styling/choreo it was given. That coupled with every promotion spot being a promo gig for the Vegas show, just seemed to push the idea that Britney had nothing to offer but her hits. The album should have been the selling point even if the performances were not in Vegas because selling is what gives the artist more support from the label and after BJ underperformed, she needed to come back with a punch and she didn't aside with her music. Vegas has helped a lot but in some ways damned her by being the only thing she promoted at festivals when she had a record that not only was different from her last two albums but had her touch all over it instead of autopilot Britney on FF/BJ.

The era was off to a good start with the magazines showcasing her new fit body, the revamp of POM with her slaying and looking amazing and the BBMA's bringing back her swagger that we all wanted MM to be the powerhouse hit it should have been but with the video being scrapped, getting a new reshot tame version and the aesthetic completely being a mess, you couldn't tease your public with this new **** Britney and then give us another boring, BJ with better energy/Vegas image again.

If she wants to be moderately successful, she needs to leave Vegas, not work herself to death like in her prime but seem more engaged in promoting, some live performances, some pre-recorded vocals, better choreos and give interviews showing how songs came to be, how the album was produced, some personality to show Britney isn't this person who has albums crafted for her anymore and she has a hand in them. The idea is that Britney is a puppet that can't sing, dance or has no brain and by giving a fraction of a damn, it would not only shut her naysayers up but give Britney that respect the industry always denies her. Homegirl is smart but her promo team has a poor way of marketing her in today's musical landscape.

Yes they keep acting as if there's nothing between working  herself to death and doing nothing. moderation is key and proper promotion. They made too many big mistakes with Glory. 

13 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

This 

I think part of her problem is the GP thinks all she has to offer are songs about *** or having fun and they're over it!

I think B10 needs to be a modern day ITZ and what I mean by that is an album that's totally different for her/experimental/personal with mature/deep songs I mean even some of the ****** songs on ITZ are mature and sophisticated for example TOMH! The majority of B10 should be non ****** and I would like to see her work with a lot of new producers that are not extremely popular as well as maybe a few she's worked with before like Bloodshy and Mark Taylor! 

Also I can't at everyone wanting her to work with Max again she cant keep running to him for hits it looks pathetic and shows no artistic growth! 

Yea, although i love Glory.. its still quite a safe album. She definitely worked with some new producers for Glory and it kind of showed through Private Show and What You Need, but I feel like it might not work. I would love to hear a dark album or Starboy-esque vibe. Or even like an Amy Winehouse vibe album would be interesting.

I don't this Glory era is bad at all? This is definitely a better era than BJ era and FF era because she seems happier and the music she releases this time is much better in my opinion. But I hope the next era can be even better, since she may be leaving Vegas this year. Of course I care about commercial success as well, but that is not my focus. More like icing on the cake, as long as she's happy and the music she releases is good.

4 hours ago, mathewlovesbritney said:

Yea, although i love Glory.. its still quite a safe album. She definitely worked with some new producers for Glory and it kind of showed through Private Show and What You Need, but I feel like it might not work. I would love to hear a dark album or Starboy-esque vibe. Or even like an Amy Winehouse vibe album would be interesting.

I'm honestly not sure what vibe I'd like, I just want her to really do something very different/experimental.......actually I've always thought a Goldfrapp-esq album from Britney would be amazing I actually think that was one of the possible directions for FF considering the how the demos for Red Is The Color and Love Is War sound. I guess I want B10 to be super artsy fartsy with songs like the 2 demos I just mentioned as well as ATWK, Mannequin, HOE, TOMH, Shadow, If I'm Dancing, CE, etc 

Archived