Janet Jackson Is Britney Main Influence...

OCBoy1985

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Oh, please you STOP trying to underrate/discredit M's impact

Brit was influenced by M as much as she was by Janet.

Look up at this:

(But this one also has some JJ things too)

In Crossroads, Brit started mentioning M as an influence and didnt she covered 'Open Your Heart'?

The outfit looks like a JJ outfit, but the end of the performance was similar to M's 'Sky Fits Heaven' performance from the DW tour

The Onyx Hotel Tour was a mix of JJ Velvet Rope Tour and M's Blonde Ambition Tour.

Everytime video took from Drowned World video

And

Oohh and this track that was cut from ITZ tells you something:

Also, didn't Brit herself use M's Ray Of Light (and also JJ's Velvet Rope) as a reference for the In The Zone album? 😀😁 LOL 😂.  YUP! she did!

Didn't Brit's Circus Tour took some things from M's Girlie Show? YES

STOP SPREADING SILLINESS

Well she does say here that Janet "opened the door for her"

(3:11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6AofdXs7CY

6 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Look up at this:

I would say the main Madonna comparison is the controversy in the media with something like the 2000 vma striptease:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQ2BSm0gIo

6 hours ago, AndyPoo91 said:

She was influenced by JJ and M and WH and MC and MJ and so many others! So this post wasn't required.... thanks toxic britney spears GIF

Yup, like Kylie Minogue as well.

It always seems like she liked Madonna more but wanted her career to be more like Janet. Janet danced more in her videos and onstage. Madonna was more controversial and unapologetic. You can definitely see both influences but I would agree that her career is more influenced in general by Janet.

6 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I would say the main Madonna comparison is the controversy in the media with something like the 2000 vma striptease:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQ2BSm0gIo

Well if you read my post youd probably understand what i would say. Britney was clearly influenced by Madge yet you are trying to underrate her impact simply bc you dont like M. Im not a Madge fan either but i aknowledge her impact. But Janet was her main idol, yes i agree. 

Also, didnt Britney use Ray Of Light as a reference for In The Zone? YEP, she did.

Didnt she took from Express yourself for the entrance at the onyx hotel tour??

(I mean this 

r-Ggrlkv6XrFUvKAwD2hxr0CFRcO_ZfooS7tZlmF)

YEP 😁 

but it had a similar outfit to Janet's velvet rope tour outfit.

2s6kjl2.jpg

also Britney's Gimme More VMA 2007 performance was inspired by the Girlie Show.

4 hours ago, runpiggierun said:

Dance-wise, janet yes, music-wise, not so much. She's mostly influenced by selena gomez lately, which is a joke. 

Britney is influenced by outofbreath-just-by-whispering which herself is inspired by Britney :whatitellu:

So technically, Britney is inspired by herself :jl:

Britney was heavily inspired by Janet Jackson performance wise, and music-wise in 2001 (she was basically inspired by the Jackson family, but I definitely don't expect a 19 yo girl to be completely original lol) 

Outside 2001, musically she has nothing to do with Janet though

That's sad, she was about to find a whole new type of sound, what could've been Britney Spears musically without the breakdown? 

• Super Mods

She references Janet a lot more and everything we love about Britney is very Janet. She likes Madonna too but her music is very Janet and she wanted BJ to sound like Janet’s music...thanks again for that Will :awks:

12 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Look up at this:

In Crossroads, Brit started mentioning M as an influence and didnt she covered 'Open Your Heart'?

The outfit looks like a JJ outfit, but the end of the performance was similar to M's 'Sky Fits Heaven' performance from the DW tour

The Onyx Hotel Tour was a mix of JJ Velvet Rope Tour and M's Blonde Ambition Tour.

And

Also, didn't Brit herself use M's Ray Of Light (and also JJ's Velvet Rope) as a reference for the In The Zone album? 😀😁 LOL 😂.  YUP! she did!

STOP SPREADING SILLINESS

Oohh i even forgot to mention that her song Candy From Stranger (that was cut from Blackout) samples/sounds like Beautiful Stranger

• 4 weeks later...

@puppylo16 @zxcvb @OCBoy1985@Daveh422 @Da Bubblah @RafaelSpears @ThisMeowBiteback @vzlafan @jordeezyyall have to stop spreading ur pathetic lies. Britney was actually influenced by Madge and she loves and idolizes M as well. 

Watch this:

On 6/2/2020 at 8:53 AM, Leolileinstein said:

Look up at this:

And

STOP SPREADING SILLINESS

Also i'd add Britney's Oops cover was inspired by M's Time Stood Still single cover

https://xn--80aaenb3bcndxae6r.xn--p1ai/uploads/images/m/a/d/madonna_time_stood_still.jpg

EYH11_ZXkAAnlk0-600x600.jpg

Then...

On 6/2/2020 at 8:08 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Also, didnt Britney use Ray Of Light as a reference for In The Zone? YEP, she did.

Didnt she took from Express yourself for the entrance at the onyx hotel tour??

(I mean this 

r-Ggrlkv6XrFUvKAwD2hxr0CFRcO_ZfooS7tZlmF)

YEP 😁 

but it had a similar outfit to Janet's velvet rope tour outfit.

2s6kjl2.jpg

also Britney's Gimme More VMA 2007 performance was inspired by the Girlie Show.

I'd add that the Breathe On Me performance at the Onyx Hotel was clearly influenced by M's like a virgin performance at the blonde ambition tour, Blackout photoshoot influenced by Like A Prayer photoshoot. Circus era literally screams Madge. 

And so on....

Ugh now STOP SIGH

Archived