Why Wasn't Britney On Lady Marmalade

OCBoy1985

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JKW said:

So....? Doesnt change a damn thing the fact pink still has succesfull singles, better then Britney does. :excuseu: Pink is absolutely not a hasbeen

Can you please show me where I said she was a hasbeen? I literally said she was successful and explained why she was still so.

P!nk is supported by radio. Good for her. Britney is not.

P!nk is appealing to a song-buying crowd, the HAC audience, that's why her songs sell well and her streaming is bad. It's the behaviour of her demographic.

There is not an ounce of shade in my post, I don't understand the defensiveness. :sipney:

3 minutes ago, button said:

Can you please show me where I said she was a hasbeen? I literally said she was successful and explained why she was still so.

P!nk is supported by radio. Good for her. Britney is not.

P!nk is appealing to a song-buying crowd, the HAC audience, that's why her songs sell well and her streaming is bad. It's the behaviour of her demographic.

There is not an ounce of shade in my post, I don't understand the defensiveness. :sipney:

Sorry sis, i got confused with some other posts. Forgive me, I take my words back. :eeek:

41 minutes ago, DaddySayzee said:

What did she say about Bey?

i also think Brit was just ending Oops era and beginning Britney era. She had no time for that foolery

She said Britney and Beyoncé aren't real artists that their entertainers and how her Madonna & MBJ was the only females that sung live (at the 03 VMAs) that night.

She did a interview with some Magazine I think Blender Magazine not sure tho ...  but I know Britney responded in Blender Magazine ... Blender was pretty popular during the early 00s.

When I was young I remember being so pressed both Britney and Aaliyah were paid dust to for ******* less relevant (mya and pink) but it didn't match their images they were classy chicks plus they didn't need those ******* for a hit oops and try again was slaying without 3  other basic ******* on the song or vid :quirkney: tbh those hoes wouldn't have been able to keep up with the complex choreography Aaliyah and Britney would have wanted for the video :verycool:

On 11/11/2016 at 0:44 PM, XtinaBrit said:

I think I remeber and interview with one of the girls managers and he said that Britneys team didnt want her to portray a hooker of something. She was definitley asked.

^^^

She had only just moved into the Britney era by then, so she was pushing at the boundaries; but she was already getting enough flack even during her "girl next door" eras (BOMT, Oops). Appearing in this song/video would have just made all the negative remarks worse.

49 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

She said Britney and Beyoncé aren't real artists that their entertainers and how her Madonna & MBJ was the only females that sung live (at the 03 VMAs) that night.

She did a interview with some Magazine I think Blender Magazine not sure tho ...  but I know Britney responded in Blender Magazine ... Blender was pretty popular during the early 00s.

540bbaf686497_114731b.jpg

oh damn, Xtina talked so much trash. Look where the B's are now :wannadie:

i remember hiding this under my bed cause i thought i was gonna get in trouble for this and the 03 rolling stones cover. my grandma found it and was like "do we need to have a talk?"

The delusion in this thread...

Britney wasnt on LM because A) her voice could never compete with Xtina's voice on her worst day and B) she was more than likely never asked to.

This song is regarded to be a classic, won them a grammy, went to #1 and is considered ICONIC. So to say she was "above" them was is straight up LIES. Especially when the same year Britney was oiled up wearing panties everywhere and had people licking her face in her videos so thats no excuse. And let's not act like Xtina's recent collaborations have done a hell of alot better than Britney's collabs.

And at the end of the day she would have sounded ridiculous on it. Just because Britney's name is attached to it doesnt make it gold.

Down vote me if you want but all of this is a fact not an opinion. :riri:

• 1 year later...

I don't think that song would have worked for Britney tbh :slowdown:

Lady Marmalade is PERFECT the way it was done :pleaseshhh:

ntm xtina faced a lot of backlash for "looking like a hoe" in the music video :rlynow: P!nk was a rebel so she didnt care, lil kim always served outrgeous looks so it was normal on her, and mya wasnt that relevant so no comments were needed on her. but it worked.

Archived