Why is Britney so disrespected?

Shadow.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Because she never sings live. Because her dancing skills have gone down. Because of her meltdown. Because she is only releasing ****** singles and being ****. She doesn't sing about serious or important topics and doesn't give her best anymore since... after the Circus era. Because she is a white blonde and shy woman. 

Preach 

1 hour ago, radar89 said:

So you want to compare a goofy IG video with a Superbowl performance and legit MV? Bye Fleahive. Sign up your enrollment on the nearest elementary soon so you can get higher education than your fave  :arianabye: 

lol thank you for solidifying my post about the delusional britards that only know how to say things like "go stan for beyonce" . you were a perfect example , so thank you bb! 

• Super Mods

"Does the B-Army need to bash Beyoncé in order to verify Britney's success?"

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

"Do Beyoncé fans need to bash Britney in order to verify Beyoncé's success?"

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

When you stop pitting female artists against one another and realize that each have individual accomplishments that should be celebrated:

l2SpRR0OnC5hWuqEo.gif

1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

When you stop pitting female artists against one another and realize that each have individual accomplishments that should be celebrated:

l2SpRR0OnC5hWuqEo.gif

slay my feminist sis, slay! :feelingmyself:

3 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

5 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

Really? I missed Beyonce and them posing in bra and panties with teddy bears and dolls. 

They were just as ****** as Britney during that time.  Doesn't matter what they posed with.  Lol I knew there was something fishy with you when you created your first thread and claimed you didn't listen to Britney because she doesn't target black people.  I sense a Beyonce stan coming to a Britney forum to try and demean her because they see her as a potential threat

4 hours ago, SlayOut said:

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

26uf92iaHLjHI9GBa.gif

l2SpRR0OnC5hWuqEo.gif

Exhale'll never get on board (and neither will the Hive or the Army as a whole), but :myjam:

Shes probably the last hated popstar. 

They triedT it with Michael, Whitney, Amy, Marilyn Monroe. 

After Britney no one hates todays popstars as much as they hate her. 

Straights these days would suck off Justin Bieber LOL.Everybody worships Kanye. Taylor. :tiffeyeroll: 

Britneys done nothing wrong, shes always been a victim in her personal life. Because she was lonely and sad. Now shes happy with ha 2 boys. :queenflopga:

They just hate britney cuz of lipsyncing and stans like me are sick of vegas everywhere. 

But dont get me wrong. I'll proove haters wrong when they spread bullshit about Britney. :queenflopga:

Guest Arckangel
7 hours ago, Curious_1110 said:

I'll tell you the unfiltered truth. From the time she started til now Britney's image has revolved around *** and pretty much *** only. Unlike Madonna who used *** and sexuality to push an agenda, to most people Britney and her team used her *** appeal as a major selling point and people just came to the conclusion she's a talentless performer that relies on *** to sell. Even now the first thing a lot of her fans do to defend her is say "she looks hot". 

You combine that perception with the fact that she lipsynchs every major performance and you'll see why most people outside of her fanbase view her the way they do.

The breakdown, I had to research this as I wasn't really paying attention to her during this time period. Let's just say the media wasn't necessarily painting her as a victim, they more or less blamed her for what was happening. I saw news clips attacking her parenting and lifestyle choices. There wasn't much sympathy being shown for her. I can openly admit I was one of those people that felt like it was her fault and I've made jokes about her mental health not really thinking much of it.

After I joined here and this one member was messaging me and kinda filling in blanks by sending me links to videos and stuff, I finally had a different perspective. 

Summary, her being sold as basically just a **** hot girl with minimal talent combined with what seems like media that's biased against her has created a perception of her as someone that's easy to take shots at.

You've pretty much summed it all. In addition to that, some say Britney's mostly a performer or an entertainer. True, but she's still, technically speaking, a singer; a recording artist, yes, and in her case, that includes being a professional vocalist or singer. Say she was just a dancer or a dancer & musician making instrumental dance music, there would not be any issue. But Britney sells music w/ her voice on it; full-length songs (some of which she co-writes). Britney insists she "always sings live", but obviously, something causes the vast majority of the public and her fanbase to believe she always lip-synchs.

Since 2007 ('The M+M's Tour'), her own headlining paid concerts sound entirely lip-synched from start to finish (w/ few exceptions; 'You Oughta Know', 'Everytime' and DLMBTLTK on a few select nights, etc.). Remember the 'Circus Tour' scandal in Australia? That's what causes many to feel cheated. Backing tracks are not the problem; many artists (incl. Mariah Carey, Céline Dion, Rihanna, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga) use them. The problem is seemingly SOLELY relying on them. Just seriously attempting to get rid of her "lip-syncher" reputation would help a lot. Even Madonna that's always (to this day) sung most of her paid concerts and many TV and festival performances LIVE (the proof is all over YouTube) has somewhat of a "lip-syncher" reputation. No wonder it's much worse w/ Britney!

When it comes to Spears' whole "meltdown"... Numerous other artists worldwide have suffered and endured all sorts of meltdowns (mental health breakdowns, ****/alcohol abuse, uncontrolled anger, etc.); some even committed suicide! But being under two conservatorships (personal and financial) after 8 years creates the impression (to some) she's really not all there yet and is only a puppet and a cash cow. And some may wonder how could she ever truly enter into an adult love relationship if she's still a child herself (legally speaking). Food for thought...

Her reputation as a serial lip-syncher,a mental case and washed up has-been is why. The lip-synching part she's responsible for. The others are an image the media/public has painted her with because she's a soft-spoken,private woman who never addresses her controversies anymore.

People are cruel and refuse to let the past go because it's fun to talk about drama and because it's easy to make fun of someone when they're down.

It has always been cool to bash Britney. She has been too nice to people and the media. The public will eat you up if you're unwilling to defend yourself.

She never gets tough and has always come across,to some people,as a quiet air head,so people feel they can say anything they want and run with it because there's no clap back.

Notice how people don't publicly disrespect Nicki Minaj in the same way. Nicki has made it clear she does not take **** from people and she's built this hard-***** persona.

16 hours ago, ManOnTheM00n said:

They were just as ****** as Britney during that time.  Doesn't matter what they posed with.  Lol I knew there was something fishy with you when you created your first thread and claimed you didn't listen to Britney because she doesn't target black people.  I sense a Beyonce stan coming to a Britney forum to try and demean her because they see her as a potential threat

I didn't say I don't listen to Britney, I said I'm not a big fan and not that familiar with her work. But I also said I grew up watching MTV and TRL, anyone that evewatched those shows in passing remembers the big hoopla about her posing with the bra and panties and dolls. That was a BIG controversy at the time. And from my recollection I don't remember any such controversy with Destinys Child. 

And if I'm such a stan here to demean Britney why am I not bashing her or other members up here? I've read plenty of comments up here bashing her and low key racist insults at Beyonce yet I'm kinda defending Britney and offering a different perspective..

My exchange with that other member was admittedly out of  spite. Call me sensitive or just not used to stan culture whatever you wanna say. But I feel like people are going out of their way to negatively bring Beyonce into something that has NOTHING to do with her just to attack her and it seems like there are racial implications. Especially, since you mentioned it, the overall "tone" of the first thread I created here.

Lipsyncing. It's really been bugging me lately. I never used to care but people seem to, I wish she would just record some pre-recorded vocals, its such an easy way to solve the problem. I don't expect her to sing live while dancing like that, but at least try to fool the gp and pre-record some vocals instead of lipsynching to nearly 20year old vocals.

These are not necessarily my opinions but this IS what the general public thinks:

1 - She doesn't speak intellectually so people see her as a dumb blonde

2 - She lips. Everything. Every time. Enough said.

3 - She doesn't dance as much anymore. That's what she was known for, especially if she lipped.

4 - She doesn't write much of her own music. The public thinks she's a puppet.

5 - People think she's crazy bc of her breakdown in 2007.

Archived