Britney Spears is a pop star permanently stuck in another era

jokobish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

maybe this is an unpopular opinion but i hope she does read this. she needs to understand that she is ruining her legacy. her and her team seem to go by the motto that she doesn't have to prove herself anymore.. but she does if she wants to be relevant at this point in her musical career. she's ruining herself with this mediocre performances. she either needs to just stop or she's gonna have to come back and try and compete with her peers because right now everyone is overshadowing her. her past performances are iconic but idk if theyre enough to support her anymore people are gonna start just writing her off and not want to see her perform because she's doing nothing groundbreaking that shoots her forward as an ARTIST.

I don't... she is a human being.

I don't know why these journalists have the sense of entitlement to make statements about her personal agency/mental capacity. Yes, CLEARLY all Britney has to offer are *** songs that her label is FORCING her to produce. Obviously.:nothavingit: 

The media acting like Britney's resilience and ability to pick herself back up and join the pop scene over and over again are not statements of empowerment is doing her an incredible disservice. She doesn't have to literally say "look at what I overcame", she doesn't have to share her darkest demons on an album track for it to be real. She is CHOOSING what to share with us and that is okay. She has that right. Doesn't make her less of an artist.

I applaud Beyonce for her political involvement - that's her truth. But Britney's story and legacy has been about something completely different and not every artist wants to open up to the world about their struggles through their art. Especially to a world that has constantly tried to pull them down. Sometimes art can just be a fun escape. 

Who the **** wants a Lemonade tho?I have no problem at all with Glory. Beyonce is so contrived. If she's so unhappy with Jay-z leave his ***. Like wtf is this. 

I swear this is all staged Illuminati humiliarion ritual. That performance.....no one raised their hand at rehearsal and said this will not cut it? No mtv producers, not G-Eazy, no one?

To make performances iconic, you need a good creative director. That's the secret to Beyonce's performance. It had good visuals and some fake angst and spiritual accension.

She put on a good show but it seemed calculated to be a good show. It didn't capture any pure energy like Britney's past performances. 

1 minute ago, theraspberry said:

I don't... she is a human being.

I don't know why these journalists have the sense of entitlement to make statements about her personal agency/mental capacity. Yes, CLEARLY all Britney has to offer are *** songs that her label is FORCING her to produce. Obviously.:nothavingit: 

The media acting like Britney's resilience and ability to pick herself back up and join the pop scene over and over again are not statements of empowerment is doing her an incredible disservice. She doesn't have to literally say "look at what I overcame", she doesn't have to share her darkest demons on an album track for it to be real. She is CHOOSING what to share with us and that is okay. She has that right. Doesn't make her less of an artist.

I applaud Beyonce for her political involvement - that's her truth. But Britney's story and legacy has been about something completely different and not every artist wants to open up to the world about their struggles through their art. Especially to a world that has constantly tried to pull them down. Sometimes art can just be a fun escape. 

very nice way to put it! didnt think of it that way 

6 minutes ago, BTI485 said:

It is kinda true she doesn't give her opinion about anything and is guarded...

other popstars nowadays are more talkative about things 

sry brit :crying2:

5 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

could never do something "personal"? :xcuseme: Original Doll says hi

This whole argument from the media is incredibly anti-feminist. If Britney is choosing to release the music she wants to and it just so happens to be all about *** then that should be fine. Doesn't mean she's being forced to and it doesn't mean she doesn't have other opinions. 

She shouldn't have to talk about being cloned and trying to rebel against the industry to be taken seriously or be considered mentally capable. My lord.

3 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

Im starting to believe its because britney sometimes has a hard time articulating herself. If ppl think these ideas arent her own (and if she cant explain her thoughts maybe they arent), then it looks like someone is just forcing her to be **** to sell records against her wishes. I dont believe this... But i can see how sone people might.

Maybe she should pull a beyonce and rarely talk to thmedia ia

I also think that it's because the fans and the GP have been infantilizing her ever since her breakdown. Britney used to be a BOSS pre 2007, she was fully in control of her image, her sound, her styling, and even her stage presence was powerful and electric. Everything about her used to be so FUTURE and epic.

britneytoxic_4-1417534023.gif?quality=.8&height=319&width=567

Now don't get me wrong, Britney currently is far more fierce than she was during Femme Fatale or Britney Jean, but the damage has already been done and now people just presume she is just a puppet for he label even though us stans know how involved she was with Glory. Whether we like it or not, Britney needs to make up for lost time with this era and prove to everyone that she is still a boss.

3 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

This whole argument from the media is incredibly anti-feminist. If Britney is choosing to release the music she wants to and it just so happens to be all about *** then that should be fine. Doesn't mean she's being forced to and it doesn't mean she doesn't have other opinions. 

She shouldn't have to talk about being cloned and trying to rebel against the industry to be taken seriously or be considered mentally capable. My lord.

:thetea:

giphy.gif

I truly love Britney Spears and I'm learning more about her now (going back and reading, paying attention to her interviews etc). Though the article is harsh I feel it paints an interesting picture... I say interesting because I have questions that I don't know how else to answer.

Is Britney empowered? I feel the media try to tear her down more than build her up. However, back in the day it would be brushed off because a high energy performance = winded and poor vocals therefore, lipsyncing is required. So many people do it now days but Britney is criticised the most. Beyonce is empowered by her fans, her persona, stage presence and ability to entertain - all things Britney Spears excelled in and is getting back into.

If Britney Spears were to do a live performance(s) e.g. she could have sung every song on the Carpool live, she would have blown everyone away. What she had sung was pretty good!

I'm really critical of Britney but only because I really care about her music and want her to get the respect she once had and become huge like the old days. I'm not trying to offend anyone or her so please be polite if you respond.

and if she does  what they is saying now (political, feminist or uses another social cause) she will be bashed too, stuff like: why britney talks about social or political causes? ''that bimbo''   isn't she on c-ship? wasn't she shaved her head? ins't she lost her childrens custody years ago? isn't her father responsible for her things? '' I do not think that britney is an example''  isn't she  crazy? ''britney is trying hard'', ''this a another joke''  ''this is not the real britney we loved her because her music was for dancing and fun''  ''unauthentic'' britney never gonna win because after 007 they media  created a situation where hate britney is the norm, I am proud of her after receiving so much she never  give up.

Archived