Britney Spears is a pop star permanently stuck in another era

jokobish

2 minutes ago, Jeanius said:

Hmmmmm. But why doesn't that apply to her BBMA's performance as well? I hear nobody say her BBMA's were outdated. And the only difference there was, Britney had props and a lot more dancers at her disposal. Sooooooo.....some more props and dancers (and fireworks) is all that the VMA's performance needed to catch up to the other one-trick popstar ponies of today? Is that literally all it takes?

Neither performance was live btw, and her dancing at the VMA's was better than at the BBMA's. 

Say what you will about Beyonce but she's an excellent performer definitely not a one trick pony.

The bbmas were dated too but it worked because of the context of the performance. She was getting a lifetime achievement award. It made sense to do all of her old hits. She also had more going on with props, dancers and set. People's expectations weren't amped up because there wasn't history there unlike the vmas. On a shallow note she had a better costume and look for that performance. Those types of things influence her fanbase tremendously as you've seen.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mani911 said:

this :comingthru:

imo a real critics should not get caught up in the whole marketing of the artist. explain, what makes lemonade a more 'personal' or 'confessional' album than glory? absolutely nothing. for what we know both album could completely written by someone else about somebody else, or the artist themselves with their own hands. so his statement is only based on his perception of which is personal and which is not, and that's annoying :keshawave:

Just now, coo said:

imo a real critics should not get caught up in the whole marketing of the artist. explain, what makes lemonade a more 'personal' or 'confessional' album than glory? absolutely nothing. for what we know both album could completely written by someone else about somebody else, or the artist themselves with their own hands. so his statement is only based on his perception of which is personal and which is not, and that's annoying :keshawave:

they are obsessed with beyonce because her music is touching the feminists/black lives matter/gay people issues. media praise such stuff.

If Britney would sing about pressure, lack of control over her own life, anxiety and bipolar disorded maybe they would praise her, but she doesn't want  to bring such personal matters to her music. :brityeah: 

WOW, I havent been here since last month I think.

But now when she's actually DELIVERED, Y'all the FANS are turning back on her instead of supporting her.

Yes, it was not a shocking Performance but it's actually a good Performance if we compare to a 15 ******* minutes of Beyonce with awholatta props to 3 minutes britney with 4 dancers only and share the stage with a rapper

I can't at people in here

16 hours ago, COCKy™ said:

BEYOWOLF STAN DETECTED.  

Are you guys seriously this butthurt she wasn't the "center of attention?"

How many times did he mention that fat-legged, satanic ***** in one article, geeze ?

"She will never write a koolaid," "Beyowolf and satan set the stage on fire," "Britney can't compose such profoundly boring, pretentious material to sell at her lemon stand," like THANK GOD & STFU bc I'm not here for lemon koolaid.  

Britney the performer is back !  She's everywhere right now.  She SLAYED the **** out of the BBMAs just weeks ago.  That was her comeback.  

And she did an incredible job, had a sparkle in her eye, and looked extremely comfortable to be on that stage that she built.  G-Eazy put it best, "It's just an honour to be able to perform with Britney in her own arena that she created.  She built this home."  So remember that next time someone wants to put Britney down to make their fave look better (which they shouldn't have to do if they truly believed their fave was the best,) REMEMBER THIS:  Beyowolf should be thanking Britney for building that stage she sold cups of lemongrass on, giving MTV life, and allowing her to perform at her awards show.  

Tell em sis

Archived