Britney Spears is a pop star permanently stuck in another era

jokobish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, timrandon said:

Beyonce doesn't articulate very well. I have heard people say Beyonce sounds ******** when she speaks. On a black radio station. Maybe that's why she doesn't talk to media. I don't know. I don't follow her.

She doesn't know how to talk and she cannot write proper english lol

But at least she gives her 100% on stage and she knows what's up.

That's all i ask for Britney now cuz Glory is great

35 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

This whole argument from the media is incredibly anti-feminist. If Britney is choosing to release the music she wants to and it just so happens to be all about *** then that should be fine. Doesn't mean she's being forced to and it doesn't mean she doesn't have other opinions. 

She shouldn't have to talk about being cloned and trying to rebel against the industry to be taken seriously or be considered mentally capable. My lord.

They are really biased towards her. She never could talk about *** and be taken seriously at the same time. She wrote touch of my hand when she was 21 and what she got? Bashing from the critics calling her a try harder, a Madonna wannabe, a sexpot, a label puppet. Beyoncé has a lot of *** songs, many with uglyz but she is feminist for doing it. 

It's so exhausting to see people infantilizeband berate Britney for not wanting to make messages. Just the idea that a female artist has to make music with a message to be credible and valid in this day is wrong. She just wants to have fun and whatever the results may be as of now it is Britney doing what she wants to the best of her ability 

14 minutes ago, Tetris said:

I like think-pieces like this because they always unwittingly prove her relevancy. She is an eternal enigma, with a legendary history, and a catalogue of some the greatest pop songs and performances the world will ever know. Everything she does leaves us scratching our heads because her motives are never explicitly stated, so everyone is always left to find their own conclusions. And that is fascinating, unlike other artists or celebrities who either feign genius or just shove their agendas down our throats. 

We live in a world where Kim Kardashian is one of the most famous people on the planet for over-sharing a calculated depiction of her personal life, and yet critics malign her for having no discernible skill or talent, and then continue to document and publicize her every move. Britney Spears makes damn good pop music, and is then criticised for not sharing any insight into her personal life. 

So they say that fame should come from talents and not personal life, but then complain when said talents don't include views of someone's personal life. 

That was beautiful... :) 

I love this Quote: "They laugh at me because i´m different; I laugh at them because they´re all the same."... Kurt Cobain. 

Britney is stuck in the last decade AS HER OWN FANS.

sadly, but true. You guys are still seeing 2016ney as "the closest we are getting from primeney so far" lmao. Everybody, reporters, celebritys, even the producers who works with her only produce songs which needs to have a "Blackout-ITZ" style. You aren't waiting for a new fresh music, you want something that realise us that britney can still make good music AS HER PAST. because everything is about her past. And if her dancing, attitude, confidence is not good as her past, she's over, that is how the GP think of her. :eosney:

1 hour ago, Lord Bills said:

THIS.

i'm sick whit the "britney dancer/lolita/**** girl" :bootyney::feelingmyself::bootyney::feelingmyself:

if she can't perform like 15 years ago: sing at the piano, do something different, everything but don't try to replace the old performance.

I love Britney, but i want to see her in a new direction, everything seems stuck in 2001.

Make Me at the piano + acoustic medley of Glory. it's too hard? :cricket:

MM stripped back at a piano and live vocals would have snatched everyone's entire body. she should just ditch her team or direct them to this board so they can filter the good info to her without being harsh.

9 minutes ago, Arya said:

They are really biased towards her. She never could talk about *** and be taken seriously at the same time. She wrote touch of my hand when she was 21 and what she got? Bashing from the critics calling her a try harder, a Madonna wannabe, a sexpot, a label puppet. Beyoncé has a lot of *** songs, many with uglyz but she is feminist for doing it. 

What about Beyonce's song about Jayz or whoever *********** on her dress like Bill Clinton did to Monica. That's a femenist non ****** song. And she is loved by the Obama's. Double standard. Obama said Britney is a bad role model but Beyonce isn't. Britney doesn't sing straight up in your face ****** songs like some people do. Britney uses metaphors. Basically every song on the radio or ever written is either a ****** or love song is some way. Either that or it's a religious or a boasting song about how bad someone is or a patriotic song. 

No matter what she does, she will get backlash.  That's what it's like being Britney.  If Britney had done a 16 minute performance and she was in the condition of Britney/ITZ era, she still would've had backlash.  Others, they get praise.  It's funny though, so many people hate on her, yet, she's sold over 200 million albums/singles worldwide.  People buy and listen to her! Ugh So many closeted fans.

57 minutes ago, SamanthaBailey said:

THIS ***** SO ****** DUMB.  BRITNEY STUCK IN 2005?  REALLY :rihit:

WHOLE ****** VMA SHOW STUCK IN 1999! she watch the same show as us?  That the messiest ****** VMA eva.  It ****** sucked, that why the ratings down by 3.5 MILLLION.  No one wanna see that messy ****.  Yeah beyonka so ****** great rite?  That why she lipsych whole ****** thing?  That why she do same performance as ha Super Bowl, same performance as ha VMA last year, same performance as ha Super Bowl 2016?   She do the same ****** thing every year, but she not a one trick pony?  **** outta here with this MESS.  I hope the ***** ******* fired.  Why it okay to make fun of Britney mental health?  I thought it social justice era so you can't criticize peoples like that, guess it only okay when it britney rite? :kesha:

Where this ******* twitter?  Gimme ha ****** handle.  ******* piece of **** hypocrite.  YeahYOU REALLY FEMINIST BY TEARIN DOWN WOMAN WHO FACE HA FEARS AND RETURN TO VMA AFTER LAST TIME IT CAUSE BREAKDOWN!!!

flip-you-for-real.gif?w=618&h=463

I'm so ****** pissed.  ******* *****, hope she choke :leaving:

I get you and agree but this made me laugh so hard. Where are you from? :embarrassney:

Just now, Devilish0415 said:

No matter what she does, she will get backlash.  That's what it's like being Britney.  If Britney had done a 16 minute performance and she was in the condition of Britney/ITZ era, she still would've had backlash.  Others, they get praise.  It's funny though, so many people hate on her, yet, she's sold over 200 million albums/singles worldwide.  People buy and listen to her! Ugh So many closeted fans.

this 200 million were in 1999-2011 and most between 1999-2004

britney as an artist "respected" died in 2007

Before 2007 the gp did not like Britney for being too controversial, but britney was admired for her performances and dancing.

Now she is not admired by anything and nobody anymore.

This is the reality. Sad, hard, hurtful but reality.

I can't believe you're all falling for this stupid article which all of a sudden calls for a more personal ALBUM after a PERFORMANCE. I think Beyonce paid for this **** I swear. Beyonce's empowered message is so fake and contrived to give her some edge, cause edge is what's hot right now. She's not saying anything thought provoking or new. All her lyrics are inane. I love Formation but that's it. She makes great music, she's a great entertainer, but the public is not interested in her beyond that. They were more interested in her when she kept **** under wraps. Her shading the other members of Destinys Child and trying to hide her and Jay-zs relationship from the media was the real controversy. She pays all these media outlets to talk about her because she wants that 2000 Britney fame, but her image and performance is very paint by the numbers according to what's hot right now.  She has great songs and great videos. She should just leave it at that.

Archived