Britney Spears is a pop star permanently stuck in another era

jokobish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jokobitch said:

because she's out of touch with todays world!! i don't know if she's restricted from it or if she just doesn't care to see the competition but she is just very out of touch with whats happening in the industry. i don't know what it'll take for her to realize this.. or if she realizes it and just wants to ruin her legacy,.. idk:idkney:

no i don't think she's out of touch 

i think she doesn't care to be on top of the game you know

just having fun

lol anw can't explain it :orangu:

i dont know what's going on with her honestly:orangu:

Just now, goincrazy4brit said:

no i don't think she's out of touch 

i think she doesn't care to be on top of the game you know

just having fun

lol anw can't explain it :orangu:

i dont know what's going on with her honestly:orangu:

i only say that because whenever someone asks her about like other musical artists she only names people from the past (aside from todays interview) aerosmith, missy, JT, gwen.. i just don't get the vibe that she keeps up with music or artists

I mean, this is definitely disheartening. But it does have some truth in it. It's almost like she needs to reinvent herself but she's only been trained to show that *** sales. I think her brand is relying on the legacy instead of transforming and adapting…idk. It was a solid performance for her in 2016. She wasn't nervous. But she did mostly seem to play second-fiddle to G-Easy.

I think aside from the rampant nerves at the BBMAs, that performance was better. 

1 minute ago, jokobitch said:

i only say that because whenever someone asks her about like other musical artists she only names people from the past (aside from todays interview) aerosmith, missy, JT, gwen.. i just don't get the vibe that she keeps up with music or artists

but nowadays new artist are horrible on the stage..just compare britney on 2000 2001 2003 with new artist on stage (Selena ariana nicki etc etc even rihanna or even beyonce yes i'm not delusional, compare with 2001 britneys level beyonka is a nobody)

did you see last night the vmas? i was like this:icant1:

still don't getting why she makes practise on hard routines (make me instagram choreo) and then she gives us simple hand movements:orangu:

something is going wrong it's not logic if you think about it

1 minute ago, goincrazy4brit said:

but nowadays new artist are horrible on the stage..just compare britney on 2000 2001 2003 with new artist on stage (Selena ariana nicki etc etc even rihanna or even beyonce yes i'm not delusional, compare with 2001 britneys level beyonka is a nobody)

did you see last night the vmas? i was like this:icant1:

still don't getting why she makes practise on hard routines (make me instagram choreo) and then she gives us simple hand movements:orangu:

something is going wrong it's not logic if you think about it

But people like that type of performance it seems.

1 hour ago, Avnit said:

her team are ******* ******** they just want money and they want to exploit her as much as possible that's how it works in that shitty industry, I bet she can't even chose one song by her own to the albums, she came into this cruel industry as the girl who wants to dance and have fun, and when she wanted to do original doll she realized that industry is not what she thought it is, she finally realized they only want to sell *** to make more money and they won't let her express herself and it broke her ,the results are in 2006-2007 ....... Now she's just a puppet again and it makes me sad to see it, she doesn't seem to be happy anymore sometimes.....

You don't know this any more than the person who wrote the article does. You are projecting an image onto her just like the author did when he said she was not self-actualized and was the least empowered pop star. 

No, just no.

This is ******* mean and destructive criticism, not constructive. We're not ******* talking about someone who became a mama and lost interest. We're talking about someone who was STALKED by paparazzi like no one has ever been before. She had a mental breakdown and that's not something you get recovered from in some months. We don't know what she has, but it's obviously something serious and she needs time to recover, and with time I mean YEARS.

So it's ******* unfair saying we want a comeback and she'll never give us that cause she's stuck. That's bullshit! He doesn't even know how involved was she in Glory so he should stfu.

She's getting better and better, she's been improving a lot in the last years and that's something you just see! You see the spark in her eyes, the way she moves, the way she laughs! Britney is probably one of the strongest woman I know. I'm not gonna let any lame "journalist" talk as if they knew what's happening with her when they don't even know a **** about her career!

And what about that G-Eazy bullshit? "She flinched and shook her head". WTF that was ******* part of the performance! I can't with these people who talk without even knowing. It's so freaking ridiculous. I'm so done. 

I agree with the article, except the last line "she's never really been here". That's not true. She was "here" right up until 2007.

What I do believe though is that we fans have to stop being offended by the criticism and actually listen to it. Her team need to know this, BRITNEY needs to know it. Keeping her in a bubble is not helping her condition or her career. 

Every pop star gets criticised but Britney more. Why? One reason is because she always lip-syncs constantly. She hasn't sang live on national tv since I can't remember. Even in carpool she was singing very gently, almost afraid to be heard. If you're gonna lip-sync, record pre-recorded vocals and put on a ******* show.

The whole *** kitten thing is boring as hell. Nobody wants to see her touch G-eazy's crotch, they want to see her shine. She comes across as this southern, soccer mom who wants to keep things simple and not too ****, but then she relies solely on ***. Can't she offer more? Madonna evolved. Britney has become recycled and unfortunately, a 'one trick pony'. The awkward faces she was pulling while watching Rihanna's performance made me think that, deep down, she knows she isn't bringing it like the other girls and more than anything...she doesn't care.

Melodramatic for web hits but there are some truths there. This person is wrong though it's not about the music or being more confessional or political. The music is good this time. It's about the image and performances. She looked very dated at the vmas and it was just made more obvious by her being sandwiched in by Rihanna and Beyonce. What worked well as a performance in 2001 doesn't work in 2016. 

:nothavingit:

7 minutes ago, blue.monopoly said:

Melodramatic for web hits but there are some truths there. This person is wrong though it's not about the music or being more political. The music is good this time. It's about the image and performances. She looked very dated at the vmas and it was just made more obvious by her being sandwiched in by Rihanna and Beyonce. What worked well as a performance in 2001 doesn't work in 2016. 

:nothavingit:

Hmmmmm. But why doesn't that apply to her BBMA's performance as well? I hear nobody say her BBMA's were outdated. And the only difference there was, Britney had props and a lot more dancers at her disposal. Sooooooo.....some more props and dancers (and fireworks) is all that the VMA's performance needed to catch up to the other one-trick popstar ponies of today? Is that literally all it takes?

Neither performance was live btw, and her dancing at the VMA's was better than at the BBMA's. 

18 hours ago, jokobitch said:

There are moments on “Glory” that are calculated to seem franker than other moments, but it’s as impersonal as ever. Britney Spears is never going to make “Lemonade.” She’s not even going to make a Gwen Stefani-style confessional about whatever version of Blake Shelton (or whatever version of G-Eazy, more likely) she eventually winds up with.

and why does he even think lemonade is truly personal and a real reflection of bey though? 'love drought' has even been exposed not written or about bey AT ALL. stop being bias and write a smarter article ffs :keshawave:

14 hours ago, Applejack said:

But people like that type of performance it seems.

what people like nowadays is vocals. it's all about vocal vocal and vocals. they want to mold every artist to perform how ever they see fit/appropriate. it's disgusting. an artist can display their art however they want smh :keshawave:

Archived