Britney Spears is a pop star permanently stuck in another era

jokobish

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BTI485 said:

It is kinda true she doesn't give her opinion about anything and is guarded...

other popstars nowadays are more talkative about things 

sry brit :crying2:

Who cares about other popstars though? Britney already said she is a very private person, so it's understandable why she isn't vocal. And in all fairness, there are several legendary people in the entertainment industry that were just as private or even more private than her. Katharine Hepburn, woman with the most Oscars ever in a leading role was even more private than Brit to the extent where she only appeared at only one Academy Award event throughout her whole career.

Britney has a right to choose how she wants to live, and no one can force her to do that.

8 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

I don't... she is a human being.

I don't know why these journalists have the sense of entitlement to make statements about her personal agency/mental capacity. Yes, CLEARLY all Britney has to offer are *** songs that her label is FORCING her to produce. Obviously.:nothavingit: 

The media acting like Britney's resilience and ability to pick herself back up and join the pop scene over and over again are not statements of empowerment is doing her an incredible disservice. She doesn't have to literally say "look at what I overcame", she doesn't have to share her darkest demons on an album track for it to be real. She is CHOOSING what to share with us and that is okay. She has that right. Doesn't make her less of an artist.

I applaud Beyonce for her political involvement - that's her truth. But Britney's story and legacy has been about something completely different and not every artist wants to open up to the world about their struggles through their art. Especially to a world that has constantly tried to pull them down. Sometimes art can just be a fun escape. 

Well said! 

Britney doesn't need to make songs that show her struggle or how empowered she is now because she has LIVED it. The entire world watched her fall and yet she picked herself back up, faced her demons, and won. 

It's so easy for Beyonce to create "personal" albums like Lemonade because she can detach herself from it all, she has never gone through what Britney has, for Britney, the pain she went through is too real. She was an innocent girl, dehumanised by the world. 

Britney's life is a testament to just how resilient, personal and brave a human can be, and she doesn't need an album to prove that. 

tumblr_n2fm5nNv6M1smz9dko7_500.gif

Just now, PokéSpears said:

like someone said on another thread, she needs to find her Karen Kwak for music videos and live performances (Charm LaDonna isn't, btw)

Y'all will blame every single soul except Britney.

As if she is dumb enough to know the stake of her vma comeback after Gimme More.

She let this **** happen, she chose the easy way

Just now, Cookie Lyon said:

Y'all will blame every single soul except Britney.

As if she is dumb enough to know the stake of her vma comeback after Gimme More.

She let this **** happen, she chose the easy way

Britney wasn't the problem last night though. She performed well and hit her marks. (Which was a shock to me, I thought she'd be as stiff as the intro of the BBMA performance.)

The problem last night was that pee yellow leotard, basic staging and weak production value.

Had Britney had pyro, lasers and **** like Beyonce, we wouldn't be up to our necks in hate comments right now.

1 minute ago, Kuinatzo said:

As much as it hurts me, i won't blind myself. They're being ********, but they're kind of right. 
Her team needs to read this. Well, never mind. I don't think it would so any difference. They just don't give a fudge.  :crying1:

Stuff like this has been in the media for a while albeit mixed with negative articles. I feel now that her team are working to get Britney out there more following her successful residency they may take these comments on board. I may be reading this all with rose tinted glasses... I'm hopeful when it comes to Britney tbh. I feel she has a lot of potential and now that she is in a better place she is also in a better position to communicate with her team.

Only Q at the moment... Did her team when she worked on Oops and ITZ changed from then to now?

I feel her team had a better awareness of the music industry back then than they do now... I like Glory but it's not as Glory-ous as I hoped it would be. EG I was uber excited for a Missy Elliott track... Never happened and kinda upset. I think Britney could do with a more urban sound and it's where a lot of pop music is going now days (ref: Ariana Grande, Rihanna and co). I'm hoping for a LE version of Glory or a repackagae with extra songs? Maybe?

Sorry I digress... :idkney:

I like think-pieces like this because they always unwittingly prove her relevancy. She is an eternal enigma, with a legendary history, and a catalogue of some the greatest pop songs and performances the world will ever know. Everything she does leaves us scratching our heads because her motives are never explicitly stated, so everyone is always left to find their own conclusions. And that is fascinating, unlike other artists or celebrities who either feign genius or just shove their agendas down our throats. 

We live in a world where Kim Kardashian is one of the most famous people on the planet for over-sharing a calculated depiction of her personal life, and yet critics malign her for having no discernible skill or talent, and then continue to document and publicize her every move. Britney Spears makes damn good pop music, and is then criticised for not sharing any insight into her personal life. 

So they say that fame should come from talents and not personal life, but then complain when said talents don't include views of someone's personal life. 

8 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Please, read the article again

There are moments on “Glory” that are calculated to seem franker than other moments, but it’s as impersonal as ever. Britney Spears is never going to make “Lemonade.” She’s not even going to make a Gwen Stefani-style confessional about whatever version of Blake Shelton (or whatever version of G-Eazy, more likely) she eventually winds up with. Everything you hear, and everything you see, may be everything there is, everything she’s capable of giving. 

29 minutes ago, theraspberry said:

Im starting to believe its because britney sometimes has a hard time articulating herself. If ppl think these ideas arent her own (and if she cant explain her thoughts maybe they arent), then it looks like someone is just forcing her to be **** to sell records against her wishes. I dont believe this... But i can see how sone people might.

Maybe she should pull a beyonce and rarely talk to thmedia ia

Beyonce doesn't articulate very well. I have heard people say Beyonce sounds ******** when she speaks. On a black radio station. Maybe that's why she doesn't talk to media. I don't know. I don't follow her.

This article has made me angry. Why are they comparing her to Beyonce? They're two different acts. I think they should have had Britney on before Beyonce. Mayb that's part of the problem. She was overshadowed. I was listening to CNN earlier (international one) and they were on about the VMAs and they were slagging Britney and praising Beyonce like she's some sort of god. :donewithit::boredashell:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney wasn't the problem last night though. She performed well and hit her marks. (Which was a shock to me, I thought she'd be as stiff as the intro of the BBMA performance.)

The problem last night was that pee yellow leotard, basic staging and weak production value.

Had Britney had pyro, lasers and **** like Beyonce, we wouldn't be up to our necks in hate comments right now.

And she let that **** happen!!!!

Ole girl has been on the business since the early 90s!

She does not have any creativity?

She could not even do a benchmark and knowing what's up lately?

When you saw people like Michael rehearsing for award show, they were very involved and meticulous.

Brinty thought she could get away with this and that's problematic

THIS ***** SO ****** DUMB.  BRITNEY STUCK IN 2005?  REALLY :rihit:

WHOLE ****** VMA SHOW STUCK IN 1999! she watch the same show as us?  That the messiest ****** VMA eva.  It ****** sucked, that why the ratings down by 3.5 MILLLION.  No one wanna see that messy ****.  Yeah beyonka so ****** great rite?  That why she lipsych whole ****** thing?  That why she do same performance as ha Super Bowl, same performance as ha VMA last year, same performance as ha Super Bowl 2016?   She do the same ****** thing every year, but she not a one trick pony?  **** outta here with this MESS.  I hope the ***** ******* fired.  Why it okay to make fun of Britney mental health?  I thought it social justice era so you can't criticize peoples like that, guess it only okay when it britney rite? :kesha:

Where this ******* twitter?  Gimme ha ****** handle.  ******* piece of **** hypocrite.  YeahYOU REALLY FEMINIST BY TEARIN DOWN WOMAN WHO FACE HA FEARS AND RETURN TO VMA AFTER LAST TIME IT CAUSE BREAKDOWN!!!

flip-you-for-real.gif?w=618&h=463

I'm so ****** pissed.  ******* *****, hope she choke :leaving:

We thought that she was ready, she wasn't. I blame her team more than herself, Britney has been getting better since the past year but something is always off.  The visuals this era has been extremely terrible, Britney is a VISUAL artist, she relies on her music videos and performances (it was always like that) but yet we had a terrible music video for a lead single and a wrong performance at the wrong place. Trust me, if she had performed that same performance at the BBMAs we would be slayed, the world would be slayed, but for the VMAs it was just wrong. 

One more time, Britney and her team hurts another part of her legay: Her iconic VMAs performances.  :crying1:

5 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

She needs to hire a Creative Director.

She had one in Wade Robson. She had one during the Circus era in Jamie King.

Who does she have now? NOBODY.

:awww:

jamie king also did the mess that was the femme fatale tour though.. britney and her people just don't put in the effort to find someone who can actually bring her to her potential..

5 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

jamie king also did the mess that was the femme fatale tour though.. britney and her people just don't put in the effort to find someone who can actually bring her to her potential..

Did he?1 

FF tour seemed to have a WAY smaller budget. Or am I imagining things?

EDIT: He did. So how was there such a stark difference between Circus and FF tours? Nuts.

9 minutes ago, SamanthaBailey said:

THIS ***** SO ****** DUMB.  BRITNEY STUCK IN 2005?  REALLY :rihit:

WHOLE ****** VMA SHOW STUCK IN 1999! she watch the same show as us?  That the messiest ****** VMA eva.  It ****** sucked, that why the ratings down by 3.5 MILLLION.  No one wanna see that messy ****.  Yeah beyonka so ****** great rite?  That why she lipsych whole ****** thing?  That why she do same performance as ha Super Bowl, same performance as ha VMA last year, same performance as ha Super Bowl 2016?   She do the same ****** thing every year, but she not a one trick pony?  **** outta here with this MESS.  I hope the ***** ******* fired.  Why it okay to make fun of Britney mental health?  I thought it social justice era so you can't criticize peoples like that, guess it only okay when it britney rite? :kesha:

Where this ******* twitter?  Gimme ha ****** handle.  ******* piece of **** hypocrite.  YeahYOU REALLY FEMINIST BY TEARIN DOWN WOMAN WHO FACE HA FEARS AND RETURN TO VMA AFTER LAST TIME IT CAUSE BREAKDOWN!!!

flip-you-for-real.gif?w=618&h=463

I'm so ****** pissed.  ******* *****, hope she choke :leaving:

You are so extra. :donewithit:

But I live for it. :quirkney:

Archived