RCA didn't release enough physical copies!!

noah fence

My target had about 10 copies. But it was nothing compared to Barbara and the other competitor. Walmart didn't have anything, just very best playlist of. Target said people mainly bought iTunes. Idk if that was the reasoning or if that's what his conclusion was. Idk, but why put so much money into an album and not ship out a good amount of copies?? This same exact thing happened to blackout. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

You're completely wrong. The main reason I still buy them is for the fact they have FLAC QUALITY (studio quality). Not to mention how valuable it is the fact u have something touchable u know :arianabye:

This. 

Cd is always the best quality you can get. Idk why music industry doesn't push that. If they gonna upgrade to iTunes then every album should be made into a visual representation (like how BJ was an LP on iTunes) 

28 minutes ago, Noah Fatale said:

Yup, she's been kinda flopping ever since she went full RCA and left Jive/Zomba :mhm:

Jive/Zomba left Britney.  

They went bankrupt.

Hence, why they milked FF (her last album with them,) making sure to enlist Billboard to oversee the entire album.  That's guaranteed commercial success.  That's why every song on the album was a ******* anthem.  Literally, there's not one track that I couldn't imagine hearing on the radio.

Just now, Arnold. said:

This. 

Cd is always the best quality you can get. Idk why music industry doesn't push that. If they gonna upgrade to iTunes then every album should be made into a visual representation (like how BJ was an LP on iTunes) 

True, if they are paying DVD's to dust, at least make the effort to release pretty LP's on iTunes. The best quality compression we have so far is .m4a , files are big so that's why they probably didn't take "care" of it yet, alltho I don't mind. I just wished for more visual representations like you mentioned for when it comes to digital purchases.

RCA doesn't decide what they ship

stores order it ahead of time and they make CDs based on how many stores ordered them

the people placing the orders obvs didn't think it'll sell but it did so now they will have to increase their next order...which will come in 1 week which may or may not be too late

3 hours ago, Jeanius said:

When cd's don't sell, same as books, they have to be returned to the distributors and that costs the publishers money. It cost RCA a lot of money to have BJ sitting on shelves for so long and not being sold, since so many copies of it had to eventually be returned. 

That's absolutely false. Once a store buys the CD, they own it the inventory. They do not return unsold CDs to the label. That's not how retail works. They'll either put in on clearance to get rid of stock or they'll return it to their company's warehouse. 

13 hours ago, JoffBaratheon said:

What happened to my youth? I remember standing in a mile long line with my mom to buy Oops :tiffsniffle:

IKR? i dont have ONE place in my city that even sale CDs anymore, not ONE :sickofu: The last record store where i bought BJ closed earlier this year and the supermarkets are the only ones that have some new CD's but never the one you want :mj: Its ******* sad.... i had to ordered Glory online and its fine but i miss going to the store and look through CDs and by them like that. 

Archived