RCA didn't release enough physical copies!!

noah fence

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Blackout Fan said:

they were probably based from the performance of the previous album an Britney's albums sales growth from an album to the other. Which means : It might be the first time Britney outsells her previous album excluding greatest hits). Nobody was ready for this :orangu:

not the first time? Circus outsells Blackout right?

4 minutes ago, Nando. said:

in brazil they delayed it to the 31st in fnac and in other places it is popping in small numbers, our circulation number is only 15.000 coppies!!!!!

Brazil is such a flop tbh I preordered 3 copies at FNAC and they pushed it to the 31st... I hate preordering cds in Brazil.
I went to Lojas Americanas today and they didn't have it too yet.

1 minute ago, juniorcasemiro said:

Brazil is such a flop tbh I preordered 3 copies at FNAC and they pushed it to the 31st... I hate preordering cds in Brazil.
I went to Lojas Americanas today and they didn't have it too yet.

right

i heard they have it at livraria cultura in sao paulo

lets keep talking in english so that people see our struggle lol

to be fair, physical CD sells have plummeted ever since itunes took off 

they probably expected more people to just buy it digitally but probably forgot that britney's fanbase is obsessive and wants a physical copy 

i just ordered mine on walmart.com, it's on sale there btw

both of my local walmarts had them in stock 

On a little bit of a side note, if the next single or two do well I think there's a big chance that we could get a re release of the album before the holidays. (Like an early December release)

I would love that. A new, more high quality cover and an extra song or two. The ONLY real complaint I have about the album is that they should have only released one version. This is a 17 track album. Period. The "bonus" tracks are as much a part of the album as the other tracks. I get that financially they kind of have to release a standard, cheaper version but it upsets me to think that some people may not hear the entire 17 track album.

We shall see!

I bought a copy of the deluxe at Walmart tonight, and it was indeed scarce.  

BUT it looked like they had all been sold based on how the remaining 3-4 copies were spaced out on the "New Releases" display.

Then I found 1 lonely one someone had put down next to Lady Gags.

So, naturally, I bought that one too.  It looked scared. :crying1: 

2 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

I'm not surprised.  After BJ and 'Pretty Girls' flopped so embarrassingly hard, they probably (and understandably) assumed Glory wouldn't be met with such a demand.  It's awesome that they were wrong, even if people are having trouble finding it.  Now they just need to send out more shipments ASAP to make sure it's available everywhere, especially next week after the VMAs.

The VMAs are gonna have a huge impact on sales if she does well so they need more CDs asap :mhm:

8 hours ago, Kisle said:

Kinda sounds like you're exaggerating a bit, but in RCA's defence, after BJ I'm sure they chose to act on the safe side. Albums sitting on shelves for eternity costs them money. :mhm:.

:xcuseme:That makes zero sense. That's literally not how retail works. RCA already got their money, the cd could sit on the shelf forever. The stores order copies from the labels. If anything people should be mad at the stores for not ordering more. And after BJ, you can't blame them 

5 minutes ago, mwilliams917 said:

:xcuseme:That makes zero sense. That's literally not how retail works. RCA already got their money, the cd could sit on the shelf forever. The stores order copies from the labels. If anything people should be mad at the stores for not ordering more. And after BJ, you can't blame them 

When cd's don't sell, same as books, they have to be returned to the distributors and that costs the publishers money. It cost RCA a lot of money to have BJ sitting on shelves for so long and not being sold, since so many copies of it had to eventually be returned. 

8 hours ago, ShadowTriumph said:

gosh this isn't 2011 when will you get it . :mj:

1- You can buy the same album online

2- you can stream it on spotify

:riri:

physical copies aren't everything geez you guys need to update your moves a bit:xcuseme:

You're completely wrong. The main reason I still buy them is for the fact they have FLAC QUALITY (studio quality). Not to mention how valuable it is the fact u have something touchable u know :arianabye:

Archived