The Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency 'Larger Than Life'

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/5/2016 at 10:47 AM, BOBIBCFBG said:

I just can't see there being a big demand for that. I guess that's why they're testing a 9-show run but it's going to be embarassing if it doesn't work out. The 9 shows might sell well since it's like a limited engagement, but BSB were never known for their performances. They were obviously huge but they didn't even have that many hits... Only six top 10's (and no #1s) in the US.

They're still the best selling boyband of all time :saycheese:

Really not happy about this. Cause since Britney joined Vegas, all I can see is super has-beens joining Vegas like Mariah, Jennifer and now the biggest has beens ever 'BSB'. Hope Britney leaves this career graveyard soon. Although Vegas has given her stability and confidence but it has indeed killed her career. She is no where on the charts the way she used to be back in 2011. At first when Larry said Vegas would be the new thing. I thought current artists like Gaga, Swift, Bey would also have their residencies but no I was wrong. Since then its only has beens joining this theater. :/

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, PervertedSaint said:

Really not happy about this. Cause since Britney joined Vegas, all I can see is super has-beens joining Vegas like Mariah, Jennifer and now the biggest has beens ever 'BSB'. Hope Britney leaves this career graveyard soon. Although Vegas has given her stability and confidence but it has indeed killed her career. She is no where on the charts the way she used to be back in 2011. At first when Larry said Vegas would be the new thing. I thought current artists like Gaga, Swift, Bey would also have their residencies but no I was wrong. Since then its only has beens joining this theater. :/

So...? Pitbull has a residency too. Vegas is turning into a new thing, all the ones you listed are still pretty young and are pop artists mostly catered to the young. Celine is pop too but she mostly appeals to the older crowd. Before thatbit was mostly mature music, now vegas is actually turning into a party city with all these 20's-30's flooding vegas

On 4/5/2016 at 11:47 AM, BOBIBCFBG said:

I just can't see there being a big demand for that. I guess that's why they're testing a 9-show run but it's going to be embarassing if it doesn't work out. The 9 shows might sell well since it's like a limited engagement, but BSB were never known for their performances. They were obviously huge but they didn't even have that many hits... Only six top 10's (and no #1s) in the US.

I don't follow BSB but lets see if I can remember more than 6 of their hit songs...

1. I want it that way

2.  Everybody

3. The Call

4. Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely

5. Quit Playing Games With My Heart

6. Larger Than Life

7. All I Have to Give ( I had to google this one, but its one of my favorite)

I guess you're right. :angietea:

14 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

None of them ever came out of the closet though....kinda weak.

You dont need to be gay to be in a boyband :sofedup: and they are all married and have kids, i think they would have came out by now if someone were.. they been in a huge band for almost 25 years now :comingthru:

36 minutes ago, Melinda said:

You dont need to be gay to be in a boyband :sofedup: and they are all married and have kids, i think they would have came out by now if someone were.. they been in a huge band for almost 25 years now :comingthru:

I know, but I strongly think that Howie is gay.  Being in a group or on a team made up with other men makes it harder for people to come out of the closet.  Backstreet Boys never really dismantled to the point where the possibly gay members didn't feel the pressure of maintaining the groups image. Gay people get married, have kids,  and have *** with women all the time; particularlly those who have a public image to maintain and responsibility to friends/family to live a heterosexual life.

40 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Ugh, i ******* love Nick Carter. He needs to **** me tbh :thirsty:

And the other blonde, too.

I had a meet and greet with Nick a few months ago, and I went with my hand outstretched to shake his hand and introduce myself (trying to play it cool since I've been stanning for this man 20 ******* years), and instead he pulls me right in for a hug, gives me a KISS ON THE LIPS, tells me I'm beautiful and asks me my name. At that point, I finally answered but I don't know if it was even the correct name. :embarrassney:

Then we took our pic (which turned out---not great), he gave me another hug and a kiss on the cheek and told me to enjoy the show.

It was so many childhood/adolescent fantasies wrapped up into such a ridiculous moment that I'm glad my best friend was there as a witness, otherwise no one would believe me.

After I left the M&G I walked out and was so in shock I was completely silent for 30ish mins until we got to a bar and I got wasted. Then we went to the concert, which I don't remember at all. :hehehe:

On 4/5/2016 at 11:47 AM, BOBIBCFBG said:

Ohh.. another thing. I don't know if you were alive or old enough to remember the pop scene before Britney came out but------

Even though The Backstreet Boys came out like a year or two before Britney, the whole 'Teen Pop Era' didn't start until Britney released 'Baby one more time'.

Most of their memorable songs were released from albums before Britney came out. I remember seeing their pre- Britney videos on some local music video channel and thought they were a new band. Same thing with Nsync.

In 1999, the main reason why the public began to pay more attention to Nsync was because of the possibility that Britney was dating Justin,which was true, and "Tearin up My heart'" was released around the same time as Baby One More Time.

Archived