How did you react to Britney’s shaved head at the time?

• Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Honeymoon said:

I can imagine, I think I would have the same reaction. But if it were today, I wouldn’t think it was a big deal. Like she said, “people shave their heads all the time” :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Exactly.

I think Halsey even shaved her head.

Its more common now with celebrities than before.

Also Britney had this pristine perfect image and it was destroyed by shaving her head.

I think that was her intention though.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Some of you are so young!

I remember being really shocked and worried. At this point, she was already going off the rails and everything you saw on the news about her was concerning. I really thought one day I was gonna wake up and see the headlines that she was dead or something. 

• Love 1

I didn’t understand why people thought it was such a big deal.

There had always been such a huge focus on her beauty— I felt like it was her way of saying that she didn’t feel like impressing anyone anymore and didn’t feel the need to look perfect for their approval. Lots of women cut their hair shorter or dye it after big break ups. I was confused as to why everyone from the media to regular people lost it over this. 

• Love 3

I was 10 years old. I used to see Britney's music videos on the TV before the incident, I knew her name, but I didn't know much about her (I became a fan with the start of the Circus era). And when I was a child, I was super afraid of bald people (Idk why). For this reason, I was scared of her. I remember sleeping with my mom after I saw her on the news (like I always did if I saw a bald person on the TV or in the street), I couldn't sleep alone. 

• Like 1

It was mortifying to see, I for sure thought that was gonna be the end. I thought she was going to die, in some horrible car crash being chased by the paparazzi or something like Princess Diana.
I was scared for her sanity and safety, all us fans were. But almost everyone else I saw around me were all laughing and pointing fingers talking about how crazy this woman was, it was so bad.
The dog pile on Britney was disgusting, if you were a little kid or don’t remember much about the media coverage on it, wow.. it was just something else. Never seen anything like that since. Because of Britney and how she was treated then, the nature of celebrity is different today. But Britney was stronger and got through it.  

• Love 1

2007 was when I realized I wasn't just a fan of her work but I legitimately cared about her as a person. I remember feeling so hurt seeing her like that...Not with a shaved head, but being hounded by paparazzi, I cant imagine the feeling of wanting to escape and be normal and not being able to. I just think back of the pain she must have been feeling and to this day, it hurts. I remember spending hours on the internet defending her, because back then it was normalized to wish she was dead. I remember being mocked and bullied for being her fan.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.