I was rewatching the Don Philip's X-Factor (unedited) audition and I wanna know what do you think of it

• Super Mods

I think this was top 5 cruelest moments on American Television tbh.

I think they dug him up from somewhere on purpose, brought him on stage, trying to get a reaction from Britney for some ratings. They took a broken man, put him on stage while probably giving him false promise and hope. Hope to a broken person is like a beacon of light in dark, and they promised him that just to crush him even more once he realized they did it for ratings.

Britney obviously felt horrible as she was basically a medicated slave at that point and couldn't even react properly or the way she would have was she her natural self.

Disgusting all around and people who were behind this should genuinely sit down and have a deep long conversation with themselves. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, monalisaney81 said:

He literally says someone told him that Britney didn’t think it was okay that he was gay or something along the lines of that.

He didn't say "someone told him."  He said he thought Britney was never OK with him being gay.  I don't know what their personal interactions were.  Folks have always acted like B has been a pioneer for gay rights.  No, she hasn't.  That was Christina Aguilera with the Beautiful video and Madonna with her entire career.  If you're going to give credit where it's due, then recognize those people for outright standing up for gays.  B in the 2000s was silent.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Why would she have given support after he went negative on stage accusing her of being homophobic? 

I don't think it was an accusation

he said he thought Britney didn't like him

maybe Britney and the others misinterpreted it... or I'm wrong :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

1 hour ago, doomphantom1 said:

He didn't say "someone told him."  He said he thought Britney was never OK with him being gay.  I don't know what their personal interactions were.  Folks have always acted like B has been a pioneer for gay rights.  No, she hasn't.  That was Christina Aguilera with the Beautiful video and Madonna with her entire career.  If you're going to give credit where it's due, then recognize those people for outright standing up for gays.  B in the 2000s was silent.

Don’t get it twisted, just because Britney never used gay people as props to further her music career, does not mean she was “silent” during the 2000’s. 

Since the start of her career she gave opportunities to not just queer people, but people off all backgrounds to be apart of her shows. Her backup dancers were always very diverse and I think that speaks for itself. She allowed people to work with her bc of their talent and not their ***uality. 

True allyship is not pandering to gay audiences with generic *** gay anthems, used to just put money back into straight execs pockets. Being truly inclusive is more about walking the walk than talking the talk. Britney has supported LGBT publicly since the early days, don’t do that.

But since you brought it up, let’s talk some popstars that advocated for LGBT through music.

Christina Aguilera said some awful transphobic things about Lady Gaga when she first came out & there was rumors she was inter***ual. 

Katy Perry currently works with an alleged rap*** unapologetically, but she has Firework so shes nice. =)

Lady Gaga got her foot into the snobby Hollywood A-List after pandering to gays for years and no longer says anything meaningful to us bc shes on the hunt for her Oscars.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Princessmimi said:

Oh gosh watching this reminds me how uncomfortable it was to watch this.

Was he on something btw?

He's twitching because he has some serious dr*g addiction. It's been pretty known for years, and there are even some videos on YT where you can see he's struggling pretty hard. He's not a bad person, but his demons has taken over him.

This unedited version is just awful, and you can clearly see that Don is implying Britney was not okay with gay people or with him being gay. Now look, you need to see it from the eyes of 1998/1999 where Britney was a rising star and did not have much to say.  Also, she was 18 years old and you can't judge these type of things with the eyes of 2024. I'm not saying that what Don implied is true, all I'm saying is that things were way too different back then.

I can totally see why Britney felt uncomfortable with the whole situation, but specially because of the dr*g mess. You don't know how the person is gonna react under influence so it's understandable to be scared. Also, she was under the c-ship so probably she felt it might cause her problems if she interacted with him more so that's why she seems to avoid him.

The edited TV version is a lot better and I'm glad they removed the whole 'gay' thing. Don just can't sing anymore 

Edited by Pablitonizer
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, monalisaney81 said:

Don’t get it twisted, just because Britney never used gay people as props to further her music career, does not mean she was “silent” during the 2000’s. 

Since the start of her career she gave opportunities to not just queer people, but people off all backgrounds to be apart of her shows. Her backup dancers were always very diverse and I think that speaks for itself. She allowed people to work with her bc of their talent and not their ***uality. 

True allyship is not pandering to gay audiences with generic *** gay anthems, used to just put money back into straight execs pockets. Being truly inclusive is more about walking the walk than talking the talk. Britney has supported LGBT publicly since the early days, don’t do that.

But since you brought it up, let’s talk some popstars that advocated for LGBT through music.

Christina Aguilera said some awful transphobic things about Lady Gaga when she first came out & there was rumors she was inter***ual. 

Katy Perry currently works with an alleged rap*** unapologetically, but she has Firework so shes nice. =)

Lady Gaga got her foot into the snobby Hollywood A-List after pandering to gays for years and no longer says anything meaningful to us bc shes on the hunt for her Oscars.

Don't end him like that :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Pablitonizer said:

He's twitching because he has some serious dr*g addiction. It's been pretty known for years, and there are even some videos on YT where you can see he's struggling pretty hard. He's not a bad person, but his demons has taken over him.

This unedited version is just awful, and you can clearly see that Don is implying Britney was not okay with gay people or with him being gay. Now look, you need to see it from the eyes of 1998/1999 where Britney was a rising star and did not have much to say.  Also, she was 18 years old and you can't judge these type of things with the eyes of 2024. I'm not saying that what Don implied is true, all I'm saying is that things were way too different back then.

I can totally see why Britney felt uncomfortable with the whole situation, but specially because of the dr*g mess. You don't know how the person is gonna react under influence so it's understandable to be scared. Also, she was under the c-ship so probably she felt it might cause her problems if she interacted with him more so that's why she seems to avoid him.

The edited TV version is a lot better and I'm glad they removed the whole 'gay' thing. Don just can't sing anymore 

Oh wow that's terrible.

I remember liking his voice on I Will Still Love You.

Its a shame he went to dr**s.

This audition shouldn’t have ever aired. That poor fxcking guy. There should be exceptions with entertainment, some footage should just be burnt. 

But I do love the way my girl Demi phrased her critique and couldn’t help but laugh when she said that “it’s not something she’d like to see again”. Bravo. None of us wanted to see this again.

He was taken advantage of but him throwing Britney under the bus like that on national TV when she’s a gays greatest supporter is madness. No wonder she was uncomfortable! 

Edited by femmef4toole
  • Super Mods
On 8/27/2024 at 3:12 PM, doomphantom1 said:

Not true, Britney may not have had any songs particularly supporting gays but she was always very vocal about it in the interviews etc. She would often say most of her dancers were gay and she's always seen them just the same as anybody else.

On 8/26/2024 at 10:27 AM, jordeezy river red said:

Watching back on this show, it shows how out of touch the industry is with what the public wants. This show gave us the awful Camilla Cabello and Harry Styles. 

They both are extremely talented. I get why gays don't like Camila, but Harry I have never heard negative things about. I am a huge fan of both artists. 

Edited by JayTawndre

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.