Did the relationship with Kevin destroy Britney

Posted (edited)

No. She got married to Jason Alexander the same year without a prenup. Britney hadn’t been her “old self” for some time. She only got the marriage annulled because her family forced her to do so, claiming she was not able to make such decisions (sound familiar)?

If it hadn’t been Kevin, it just would’ve been someone else who used her and had children with her - like Jason Alexander. She was deeply unhappy and had never been taught how to be independent or love herself. She was actively pursuing men who threw her under the bus. Remember Fred Durst in 2003? He even wrote a song called Drop Dead about their brief affair and liked her more than his ex Carmen Electra.

1) https://www.today.com/today/amp/wbna29791764

2) https://currently.att.yahoo.com/entertainment/very-dark-too-mature-her-143555643.html

Fred reiterated in 2009:

Durst says he's still a bit confused about how everything unraveled but describes it as an episode of her bizarre behavior.

"I look back on it as very interesting (in terms of) how things have been sort of unraveling for her since," he says. "(But) it is what it is. I can sleep at night knowing I made decisions that I wanted to make. (Still) I'm a supporter. I was then, I guess I am now.

"I just guess at the time it was taboo for a guy like me to be associated with a gal like her," he adds.

Edited by MarshallMathers
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

I think Justin hurt her more for many many reasons.

1. He's the only man who has come closest to her level of fame which means they have a understanding most people don't.

2. He technically was the father of first child so if we are going the kid route it would be him not Kevin. The what ifs I'm sure at some point have kept her up at night.

3. She found Kevin at a time of her life where she was craving love he was more of a band aid than a true love in my opinion. That marriage was never going to work because she got married for the wrong reasons.

Those are just a few but to answer your question no I don't think he destroyed her at least not in the way that you are asking. He did destroy her life by contributing to the conservatiship.

That is something Justin would never stand for especially if they had a child together ❤️ 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I basically think the thing that hurt her the most in the relationship was JT.
They are equally blessed with fame and musical talent, so they are good to talk to.
But it wasn't just that. They are both very poetic people. Not intentionally so, but basically poetic in their way of thinking. That's how their brains are.
So when they talked about such artistic and poetic topics to other normal people who do not have such a good sense, they would not be able to communicate with them and it would be uninteresting. They are not like other people. They are made for each other in that sense.

What I find particularly disappointing about JT is that when she released her apology song 'Everytime', did he not try to get in touch with her? Regardless of his superficial attitude, it's obvious and a fact that he always loved her and couldn't get over it (and still does to this day). If I were him, I would have jumped on that song and tried to get back together with her, telling her "I'm the one who owes you an apology". I think she was terribly hurt that he didn't respond to her apology in 'Everytime.' But I don't know the whole story, so maybe there was something going on behind the scenes.

Come to think of it, the music video for 'Everytime' came out in 2004, and I don't know which came first, but JT recorded a song in 2004 called 'Battle of ***xxes', which was obviously intended to be a duet with Britney. 
But it wasn't a very good song, and the content was half-baked. Clearly he had the intention of reconnecting with her on the recording and getting back together (although he had not yet admitted this on the surface, and it may have been subconscious). He may not have been able to sort out his feelings.
If he had invited her to that song, she would not have been OK with it. It would have been different if it had been a better song, a song that apologized to her.

Then she thought Kevin would not do that kind of thing. She wanted him to be faithful to her, thinking that if he broke up with her, he wouldn't write a song about it and take revenge like JT did. But instead of turning it into a song, Kevin used their kids and demanded money. She would have been hurt by the terrible betrayal...
She wrote a lot about JT in her book, among other things. How much she was hurt by him.
There were also descriptions of how badly she was hurt by Kevin.

Edited by turquoise
1 hour ago, MarshallMathers said:

No. She got married to Jason Alexander the same year without a prenup. Britney hadn’t been her “old self” for some time. She only got the marriage annulled because her family forced her to do so, claiming she was not able to make such decisions (sound familiar)?

If it hadn’t been Kevin, it just would’ve been someone else who used her and had children with her - like Jason Alexander. She was deeply unhappy and had never been taught how to be independent or love herself. She was actively pursuing men who threw her under the bus. Remember Fred Durst in 2003? He even wrote a song called Drop Dead about their brief affair and liked her more than his ex Carmen Electra.

1) https://www.today.com/today/amp/wbna29791764

2) https://currently.att.yahoo.com/entertainment/very-dark-too-mature-her-143555643.html

Fred reiterated in 2009:

Durst says he's still a bit confused about how everything unraveled but describes it as an episode of her bizarre behavior.

"I look back on it as very interesting (in terms of) how things have been sort of unraveling for her since," he says. "(But) it is what it is. I can sleep at night knowing I made decisions that I wanted to make. (Still) I'm a supporter. I was then, I guess I am now.

"I just guess at the time it was taboo for a guy like me to be associated with a gal like her," he adds.

Fabulous break down of events. You did that sweetie!
Episode 5 Drinking GIF by The Bachelor

• Love 1

I think she was in love with Justin but loved the idea of Kevin and the idea of a man wanting to marry her, if I remember correctly, she was the one who asked him to marry her so in my opinion she wanted a marriage so bad that she failed to see the red flags. This is no judgment against her but just an observation and experience...Britney comes from a family that did not have a healthy bond or healthy relationship and therefore she was not prepared to find a healthy romantic partner nor was she ever equipped with the tools to recognize real love from idealistic love... So in her distorted view, she interpreted Kevin leaving Shar as "wow this man must really adore me if he's willing to leave everything for me" ... Obviously it's a crooked train of thought, but it's very common in people that grew up in broken homes. When the marriage ended, she not only lost a man, she also lost what she always wanted (a family) and he turned into her arch enemy and destroyed her publically at her weakest point... And then her family sided with him and trapped her in a conservatorship.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Fluffy said:

More so than justin ?

everyone think Justin was the cause but I really think Kevin 

do Britney and Kevin speak now or is it though lawyers only on behalf of the boys 

In Britney’s MTV For The Record she explains she was devastated more over her break up with Kevin, because they had kids.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I think the fact that she picked Kevin in the first place shows there were already deep problems there. 

Not saying any woman deserves to end up with Kevin, but to think that Britney had the world at her fingertips and went for him — something was really wrong.

I personally think she desperately wanted some type of stability and someone who wouldn’t leave her — and maybe she thought with him being broke and having no ambitions that he would just sit around and be happy to be married to Britney. But she underestimated what a complete d*** he was.

But no, I don’t think he can be completely blamed for everything. She was already in pain when they met from her abusive father and an abor**on she didn’t want and Justin

• Like 1

She bought Kevin basically and thought that with her Star and money things would work about but like everyone said, Justin was her real hurt as you can see in this vídeo when paps ask her about Jt, you can tell she's lying. Her eyes says love even with Kevin. On the 2007 vmas she was SO nervous to see him, why? He was his true love.

• Super Mods

I think Justin was the one who truly destroyed her.

I also think that her a.b.or.tion destroyed her as well because its obvious based on her book that a baby and family is what she wanted the most

but was forced to do that.

Now looking back with what I know now about the a.bo.rtion:

I think that was the start of things going south for her especially their breakup.

She tried to have the baby she wanted to originally have with any guy and in result, got with K-Fed and had her kids.

I just wish she had higher standards for herself instead of just going with bums.

She deserves better.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.