Jive insider reveals Born To Make You Happy was one of Britney's favorites

So weird that US radio didn't like it...I feel like it was always a fan favorite.

Maybe because it was a little more sleek/moody sounding than the other tracks on her debut. Not bubblegum enough?

Def one of top Britney songs for me, def a gem of a pop song:enigma_alien_blue:

• Love 7

The surprising thing is not that they didn't like BTMYH, but that they liked FTBOMBH :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Tbh, I like both songs, but they're far from being my favorites from that album. I think both choruses are very repetitive and boring.

I feel the album had better tracks, like Thinkin' About You, Deep in My Heart, Autumn Goodbye, Soda Pop, even I WIll Be There.

If BTMYH was the choice, I think the remix was better.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Wtf why didn’t the US radio like it?

Its the best song on BOMT and one of her best from her prime!

It would’ve been a better single than FTBOMBH.

It was never released in the US from my understanding so idk where they got that the radio stations didn’t like it.

I feel like Europe it typically ahead of the music trends compared to the US so of course the GP couldn't appreciate this masterpiece.

Also can we talk about how amazing this video is and how simple the video is on FTBOMBH? Obvi this got the budget.

I always had this idea that Jive made FTBOMBH a single to have one of Eric Foster White’s songs released as a single in order to fulfill a contract with him or something. In reality they probably pushed it in the US because R&B was big here and BTMYH had more of a Europop flare so they thought it would have flopped in the States. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

1 hour ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

She loves it so much that she stopped performing it at 2001. 

and she’s been secretly loving it for 23 years.

I mean can u picture this song on the onyx tour? The only tour post 01 it could’ve been in was piece of me. As sad as it is with a britney style show she can’t always just do her favs they need to include the album they’re promoting heavily while seeing what songs from the past can fit the theme of the show and the biggest hits have to take priority (baby, oops, slave, toxic)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block