How does Exhale feel about Doll Domination?

28 minutes ago, FFBetterThanBlackout said:

This is literally the most Britney non-Britney album I've ever seen and it's PACKED with masterpieces! Bottle Pop, Magic, Whatchamacallit,, Whatcha Think About That, I Hate This Part, When I Grow Up, Hush Hush; Hush Hush Remix, If I Was A Man...

I like this album (more than beyonkas entire discography), I just regret the minimal or no presence of the vocals of other members of the group. But i know there is an edition with one song of each member as solo.

• Like 4

I think the album has aged quite well, considering it's a bit of a mess in terms of general consistency .

However, the production still holds to this day, 80% of the songs are catchy and the experience is worth the money (80 minute +, they don't make them as long these days). For the small hiatus they had after PCD, this was perfect, albeit dragging during some songs: take out Happily Never After and Out of This Club and it's even better.

The only flaw is that the other dolls except for Melody can be hardly heard. During those days I everytime I would listen to it I would imagine one of the other dolls singing some lyrics here and there except of Nicole....

Its impact could have been bigger if they included more of the dolls and had they chose some better singles towards the end ( Magic , give Bottle Pop a big blockbuster video, release In Person as a a promo single with a video just to show another Gnars Barkley side to the dolls to the GP, hold back the whole "feat Nicole S" scheisse , and end it on a blast with Halo just before Beyonce gets to release her own)

And that cover, so kitschy....yet can we agree it aged better than some other lady'e cover  who was opening for PCD back in those days?

• Love 1

I loved this album. It aged very well.. just like the others, I am sad that you can't hear the other members in the group.

I still find that interview that Nicole did about making this album really annoying... where she said she did the entire album.. but like? did she even let the other girls be apart of the album? 

1 hour ago, dran said:

I loved this album. It aged very well.. just like the others, I am sad that you can't hear the other members in the group.

I still find that interview that Nicole did about making this album really annoying... where she said she did the entire album.. but like? did she even let the other girls be apart of the album? 

I think that interview was about the first album, PCD, not DD. I don’t no why people blame this on Nicole. She was a nobody, had no control over that process. The others came from a dance burlesque group to do what they do best: dance. The album was practically done when the others came to the project. 

About DD, most of the songs were from Nicole’s failed first attempt to a solo career. Apparently, only When I Grow Up, Takin Over The World and Elevator was new recordings.

Anyway, I used to like that album a lot when it was released but, unlike others, I don’t think it aged well. Despite “I Hate This Part” and “Hush Hush”, there's nothing there I would listen to again. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block