A change for Exhale

1 minute ago, Isla said:

Remember when Jordan tried Exhale 2.0 a few years back? People hated it so he had to stick with this :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Oh I remember, what a time that was :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

People come to BH because it’s a forum, it’s very simple. Yeah, traffic is down now because Britney is not working and the Free Britney Mega Thread got unpinned and archived (I think?).

But changing BH to a new and completely different format will slow down traffic even more 💀 people don’t want this forum to be archived to then have to start again from zero, I personally don’t think this will work.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Oh I remember, what a time that was :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

People come to BH because it’s a forum, it’s very simple. Yeah, traffic is down now because Britney is not working and the Free Britney Mega Thread got unpinned and archived (I think?).

But changing BH to a new and completely different format will slow down traffic even more 💀 people don’t want this forum to be archived to then have to start again from zero, I personally don’t think this will work.

Yeah exactly, don’t fix what’s broken! Plenty of other forums are still out there, we just need to find a way to get more people to join us. 

Also, the Free Britney thread was hard to keep up with at times, I didn’t realise it may have been archived though.

• Like 2

Why there is no account delete in the settings. It is a simple thing every site has.

This new thing looks promising and fresh. Still i think there should be some categories or tags so u wont have to go  through all the page to find smth.

Edited by icybaby
  • Leader
3 hours ago, pancake said:

i dont think its the format, i think its britney

this forum has the free britney mega thread from 2019, and many other things you can only find here gathered in one place. but now britney is not doing much, so people dont really have a reason to join...not sure a different format would change that.

True true. 

I’ve been dying to switch things up. Maybe I’m just start an all new community about something else and leave Exhale as-is. 

Appreciate everyone’s feedback. This is why I created a test environment first before just making a major change on yall. I wanted to hear your feedback.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate the feedback and registering and posting by some test content!

If it's just the main page and not the forum itself, then ok. The current way of the forum is great, there is no need to change it. 

Spoiler

What are my chances of winning the next moderator tender ? 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I hear ya. I don’t disagree.  But also this place needs new members to grow, and I’m not convinced the current set up is enticing for that. :/

I can see your concern but based on the feedback in here even if you get new members it sounds like a lot of the old ones would stop coming so it doesn't seem worth it.

I like the current set up personally. 

Edited by Busybee
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

yeah i like to click the subject i want, this is too much scrolling, actually i wish there was a more simple version of this current one

like i wish there's was no separated sections, it would be cool to have everything together, and important threads would be pinned for a week like for music releases and important events

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Hey Exhale! 

The 20-year anniversary of BreatheHeavy is coming up in a few weeks. It's got me thinking about all the changes BH has experienced over the years, and I think it's time for another one. But, I don't want to make any big changes without chatting with you first.

I want to offer you a better user experience when connecting and engaging with one another on Exhale: following, live streams, posting news, commenting etc. 

I've been contemplating switching platforms. 

There's pros and cons to switching, but I think there is a lot of potential here.

If you want to check out a tiny preview, click here and poke around.

If you want to join this test environment, here is an invite link. You can comment, post, do whatever you want.

If you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. If we like where this is headed, I'll spend a few weeks building a new site up and launch it in June. 

Visit Exhale 3.0

If you want to sign up and comment / play around click here.

Let me know in the comments what you think, if you care, if this is a good or bad step for you/Exhale. 

Love yall! 

Jordan

its good like fb or some..but for me i am coming mainly for brits news and its would take me forever to see whats new...but otherwise i like it...

• Love 1
17 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I just feel like the more changes this forum goes through, the less members stay active. People have stayed here because we’re mostly millennials that grew up with forums and interacting in a forum format is nostalgic… I personally don’t want any other format. There are other platforms where I can  talk about Britney but I choose BH because it’s a forum. I personally don’t like the change and I don’t see how this will grow traffic or engagement.

Very much agree. 

love trying new things Jordan, but don’t love the idea that it’s no longer a forum looking space. If you want something like that- I liked your old solution, where you had a main blog page that had summaries of articles that then led to the forum. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think there is a way to migrate over your existing accounts, but all the threads and comments won't be able to be imported unfortunately. I could leave this place up though as an archive. I'm not sure how many people look at threads that are more than a month old though. Probably not that many. 

I DO from time to time. It would be terrible if all got deleted... rather prefer it to stay as it is then

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

True true. 

I’ve been dying to switch things up. Maybe I’m just start an all new community about something else and leave Exhale as-is. 

Appreciate everyone’s feedback. This is why I created a test environment first before just making a major change on yall. I wanted to hear your feedback.

yeah I think this is better tbh. taking Britney fans to a whole new platform just to post about taylor swift doesn't make much sense, why everything over here will be deleted.

just let exhale die as it is, no changes needed. Also we won't bring traffic to swift updates so maybe it makes sense to start from scratch on your new endeavours.

Ok @Jordan Miller I’m kinda feelin the new platform. I do feel like it would take some getting used to since I’ve been on Exhale since 2009, but would be welcome to the change. :)

I do agree that it would be cool to see Exhalers live streaming and engage in the community a bit more. I’m a little camera shy myself but this might inspire me to come out of my bubble a bit and try it! 

• Love 1

Honestly the new look requires too much scrolling. I scroll once a day, open the threads I wanna read, then click "mark all as read" on the bottom so I know when I open the next day that I've seen everything new. Having each thread take up such a huge amount of space will take longer to scroll and I just don't want to spend the extra time doing that 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block