A change for Exhale

42 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I just feel like the more changes this forum goes through, the less members stay active. People have stayed here because we’re mostly millennials that grew up with forums and interacting in a forum format is nostalgic… I personally don’t want any other format. There are other platforms where I can  talk about Britney but I choose BH because it’s a forum. I personally don’t like the change and I don’t see how this will grow traffic or engagement.

As the forum is rn, the ads make it inconvenient to start a thread. 

• Like 1

I have to go off what was already asked. What will happen to the members and posts already created and here? If it’s migrated over I don’t really care what you do but tbh the place is dying and it’s only going to continue in that direction so if you are doing this to try and stay current I understand and can respect that but I think this place has never done well outside of ”Britney” so it’s hard to gage what this change will do for you and the site but I’m interested in seeing how it turns out.

• Like 1

There should be a section where you can read all the topics, so you can click and go directly there, scrolling through the various pages becomes tiring especially if there are then uninteresting topics.

• Like 2
  • Leader
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I have some questions

Will we have to create a new account from scratch?

What's gonna happen to all the content from old Exhale, like all of our threads and comments, will we still have access to this site? Will everything be migrated to the other place somehow?

I think there is a way to migrate over your existing accounts, but all the threads and comments won't be able to be imported unfortunately. I could leave this place up though as an archive. I'm not sure how many people look at threads that are more than a month old though. Probably not that many. 

• Like 1

I think now is the wrong time to do a switch to be honest. We already have little reason to come back here daily because of the lack of Britney in the music scene, so expecting users to get used to a new platform for little reward may end up crashing your user base. 

I’d say wait until Britney does something, then switch. If she ever does, 

• Like 8
  • Leader
19 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I think now is the wrong time to do a switch to be honest. We already have little reason to come back here daily because of the lack of Britney in the music scene, so expecting users to get used to a new platform for little reward may end up crashing your user base. 

I’d say wait until Britney does something, then switch. If she ever does, 

I hear ya. All valid points everyone is making. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

yea I was thinking of making the new platform ad free and just offering an option for members to donate here and there if they wanted to, but optional of course. I hate the ads. 

I understand that ads generate revenue but the new ones are just glitch. I'm not knocking the site for having ads, its just the current ad software causes issues. 

Gonna be honest Jordan, I don't think it will work. I don't like the social media feel of it. I don't mind having a "news" section like with what BH used to have with the latest Britney/pop culture news but keep Exhale as it is - basically as a forum for us to discuss things. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think there is a way to migrate over your existing accounts, but all the threads and comments won't be able to be imported unfortunately. I could leave this place up though as an archive. I'm not sure how many people look at threads that are more than a month old though. Probably not that many. 

My Bops thread is still bumpin after all these years. :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, jordeezy river red said:

As the forum is rn, the ads make it inconvenient to start a thread. 

Jordan could fix that if he wanted too without changing the forum format.

It seems the more formatting changes that BH goes through, the more people leave… People like it here because it’s a forum.

Another change just sounds like the end of BH is imminent. 

• Like 3
  • Leader
59 minutes ago, Isla said:

Gonna be honest Jordan, I don't think it will work. I don't like the social media feel of it. I don't mind having a "news" section like with what BH used to have with the latest Britney/pop culture news but keep Exhale as it is - basically as a forum for us to discuss things. 

57 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

It seems the more formatting changes that BH goes through, the more people leave… People like it here because it’s a forum.

I hear ya. I don’t disagree.  But also this place needs new members to grow, and I’m not convinced the current set up is enticing for that. :/

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I hear ya. I don’t disagree.  But also this place needs new members to grow, and I’m not convinced the current set up is enticing for that. :/

i dont think its the format, i think its britney

this forum has the free britney mega thread from 2019, and many other things you can only find here gathered in one place. but now britney is not doing much, so people dont really have a reason to join...not sure a different format would change that.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, pancake said:

i dont think its the format, i think its britney

this forum has the free britney mega thread from 2019, and many other things you can only find here gathered in one place. but now britney is not doing much, so people dont really have a reason to join...not sure a different format would change that.

Which is why he’s been trying to turn this place into more than just Britney. Unfortunately Britney won’t bring in the traffic here due to her retirement! It’s smart to change it up to gain more users and try to liven up the place!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Remember when Jordan tried Exhale 2.0 a few years back? People hated it so he had to stick with this :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block