"Baby One More Time" Appreciation Thread

Have you ever heard such a perfect pop song before? Nothing was the same after those three piano chords. Pop music can be divided in "before Baby One More Time" and "after Baby One More Time". The literal blueprint for what was THE quintessential pop song and one of the biggest zeitgeists in popular music. Everything about this masterpiece is brilliant, including its polarizing music video, and it really is just one of those songs where if it's got its hooks onto you, it never lets go. One of the most important and powerful songs of the 90s that changed the history of music. 

• Love 5

Every time it comes on, it’s like I’m hearing it for the first time. I can’t say that about anything else. Even after 25 years, it still sounds so incredibly fresh. It’s just a great fuc king song. Britney and Max really did that, it’s an incredible piece of music. No one else out there has a song like Baby, they just don’t make them like that anymore. 

• Love 3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Every time it comes on, it’s like I’m hearing it for the first time. I can’t say that about anything else. Even after 25 years, it still sounds so incredibly fresh. It’s just a great fuc king song. Britney and Max really did that, it’s an incredible piece of music. No one else out there has a song like Baby, they just don’t make them like that anymore. 

Love what you wrote. It really is a piece of art. It encapsulates a moment both in pop music and pop culture that has yet to be replicated. The bridge alone. :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 2
  • Super Mods
28 minutes ago, BadBunny said:

And that’s something no one can take away from her! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: Even if the Gaga and Beyoncé (Work It Out) stans wanna keep trying it! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Exactly!

The fact that its been featured in so many movies since its release especially now with Kung Fu Panda 4 is proof of that.

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Exactly!

The fact that its been featured in so many movies since its release especially now with Kung Fu Panda 4 is proof of that.

I wonder if it's the most covered pop song of the 90s because I feel like it surely is. :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Or at least one of.

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Propagandalf said:

The commercial for the release of the album:

1. excellent edit from the video :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

2. wonderful snippet from the song :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

3. and then the dilletante dude jumps in with his unspectacular voice :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:: iT's tHE SonG YOuR TaLKyNGG ĂbAuT!!!

Well I would have been sold! Britney truly had the greatest marketers back then. 

• Love 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Captain Marvel said:

She absolutely nailed it, everything about the video & song is truly iconic.  :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

It’s like literal magic was created, both on that set and in the recording studio. The way she tantalizes the camera like a superstar is truly something otherworldly. And to think she was only 16…so much confidence and power

Edited by BadBunny
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block