Never heard that. 

Half of the album is produced by Bloodshy & Avant so why would it sound like this two albums, they have a distinct and recognizable sound and they are known for their innovative approach to production, blending elements of electronic music with pop sensibilities which make the album very unique.

In Blackout Danja's production often leans towards darker, edgier, and more experimental electronic and disco sounds, and did not include elements of R&B.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Because Danja is/was Timbaland's protegé and Danja worked on both Blackout and Loose.

Every producer has "his" watermark on songs, like for example: Max Martin relied heavy on background vocals in his earlier days, cowbells, ....

Danja has his own very watermark sound with drums, adding male voices, synths, etc...

In many cases, you can easily tell what songs are produced by the same guy as they all have their own specific style.

The drums in Maneater are very similar to the drums in songs like Hot As Ice and Get Naked which are all (co)produced by Danja.

So yeah the comparison of both albums are legit tbf....

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, humstarr said:

Blackout sounds nothing like those two albums. Although, I love Loose. But they are just different. 

I know timbaland is still fuming Britney refused to work w him :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

But can u blame her? 

Imagine thinking Timbaland still cares about that…

And yes, they do have similarities. Hot As Ice uses very similar synths and drums to Maneater. ***yBack sounds very sonically similar to Gimme More. Hard thumping beats, distorted vocals, electronic chords, various vocal layers in the chorus, etc. You can tell Danja worked on both. You can hear lots of Robyn influence and mid 2000s Swedish pop instrumentation on Piece of Me.  I always thought Heartbeat from Paris’ debut album had a similar vibe to Heaven On Earth. Easy by Paula DeAnda uses nearly the same synths as Get Naked. Same producers so that makes sense.

Regardless, Blackout is a masterpiece but Britney fans should really stop acting as if there are no similarities from other pop albums during that time when there clearly are lol.

Edited by BadBunny
1 hour ago, BadBunny said:

Imagine thinking Timbaland still cares about that…

And yes, they do have similarities. Hot As Ice uses very similar synths and drums to Maneater. ***yBack sounds very sonically similar to Gimme More. Hard thumping beats, distorted vocals, electronic chords, various vocal layers in the chorus, etc. You can tell Danja worked on both. You can hear lots of Robyn influence and mid 2000s Swedish pop instrumentation on Piece of Me.  I always thought Heartbeat from Paris’ debut album had a similar vibe to Heaven On Earth. Easy by Paula DeAnda uses nearly the same synths as Get Naked. Same producers so that makes sense.

Regardless, Blackout is a masterpiece but Britney fans should really stop acting as if there are no similarities from other pop albums during that time when there clearly are lol.

He clearly still cares since he just recently called her crazy and said jt should have put a muzzle on her. 

Aside from gimme more there isnt many similarities with those albums. Loose has a lot of latino percussions with Nelly being Portuguese and all and FSLS was attempting to imitate Prince (And George Michael) with hip hop on top. 

Edited by humstarr

Everybody knows Lloyds incredible work and his sounds. Though others have taken credit and refused to pay him. Lloyd, Kandi, Keri, Robyn, Lisa and others have changed pop music forever. For me anyways. Love the tracks on Loose, very r&b/hip hop. But that’s already been done by Damita Jo. Blackout stands apart. It’s a wonderful collaboration of artists and genres. But others interpretations of facts isn’t my business so opine what you will. I find the woodpeckers to be irritating and abusive. So i dont listen anymore. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block