Ariana Grande's new album 'Eternal Sunshine' Official Thread

Are you feeling this album?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A โ€œSlight deluxeโ€ version of the album is out now but it seems to only be available on her website. Adds the Mariah Carey remix of Yes, And and a remix of Supernatural with Troye Sivan, acoustic version of Imperfect For You and an acapella of True Story.ย 

ย 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Isla said:

A โ€œSlight deluxeโ€ version of the album is out now but it seems to only be available on her website. Adds the Mariah Carey remix of Yes, And and a remix of Supernatural with Troye Sivan, acoustic version of Imperfect For You and an acapella of True Story.ย 

ย 

Thanks for telling it!

• Love 1
Posted (edited)

I like:

ย 

eternal sunshine

true story

supernatural (not sooo much, but I kinda do)

yes, and?

wish I hated you

ย 

I feel like imperfect for youย could have been a good song but the chorus melody disappointed me.

Edited by Fita
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, abcdefyuh said:

I kinda love it, which is a pleasant surprise because that lead single had me fearing the absolute worst.ย 

I think the overall album is closer to the typical sound of Ariana's albums, right?

Edited by Fita
4 minutes ago, Fita said:

I think the overall album is closer to the typical sound of Ariana's albums, right?

I donโ€™t know that Iโ€™d say itโ€™s her typical sound as itโ€™s much softer and melodic than anything sheโ€™s previously done IMO, but at the same time it still feels very Ari.ย 
ย 

It really demonstrates her range as an artist.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Isla said:

Hm I wouldn't say the album is that R&B sounding? The Boy Is Mine is probably the most R&B-influenced song. I think Positions drew on R&B more tbh.

You might be right. Maybe I need a second listen. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

• Love 1

I'm starting to think We Can't Be Friends should have been the album's lead single. Especially with the song's music video being more representative of the album's title and themes. Yes, And still works as a cute 2nd/3rd single.

Neither of these songs are super representative of the album's sound as a whole though. I need to see Ariana do more Robyn-esque synthpop songs and 90's deep house bangers!

• Love 3

Idk why she didnโ€™t start the era with We Canโ€™t Be Friends and that video - so good and a better vibe than yes and.

also Iโ€™ve been an Ariana hater since everything came out but at the end of the day none of us know what actually happened like actually besides the people involved so, I wish her well. I feel bad for her in a way with all the backlash.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think it is such a beautiful album. ย She is NOT trying to win the radio here and that is obvious. ย She is not trying to talk **** like she did on Thank U Next. ย  This is a very personal, honest album and a really grown up album about a divorce. ย Not some child talking **** about a normal break up. ย It's very introspective.

ย 

The one thing Ariana always does is delivers some insane, out of the box melodies. ย She always surprises me. ย ALSO the exploration of 70s-90s pop/RnB is so incredible! ย 

My Top picks:
-The Boy is Mine

-Break Up Again

-Eternal Sunshine

Honorable Mention: Wish I Hated You (holy cow this broke me)

ย 

ย 

Its annoying to see the hate on Ariana about a story that we do not fully know. ย We are not here to judge her (especially when you don't know what is fully happening). ย We are here to enjoy the music and this girl always delivers. ย 

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Arianna said:

but at the end of the day none of us know what actually happened like actually besides the people involved so, I wish her well. I feel bad for her in a way with all the backlash.

Yeah. I was doing my walk hours ago and I was thinking that both the people involved in this:

a) are handling their situation, they're adults;

b) we really don't know exactly what happened;

c) that doesn't affect me or anybody of the public eye, so...ย :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Fita said:

Yeah. I was doing my walk hours ago and I was thinking that both the people involved in this:

a) are handling their situation, they're adults;

b) we really don't know exactly what happened;

c) that doesn't affect me or anybody of the public eye, so...ย :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

yesss I donโ€™t want to be too defensive of Ariana, but Iโ€™m tired of people online calling her a โ€œhomewreckerโ€ when we donโ€™t even know what happened. These are rumours. I thought Ethan and his ex wife had split by the time he and Ariana started dating anyway. Itโ€™s still pretty messy though.ย 

Im a huge Ari fan and love the album.

It really needs to be considered as what it is, a concept album that tells the story of her divorce, the scandal and media lies and finding love again.ย 

I'm so here for it and im glad she also threw in a few bops in there towards the middle section for those of us who want to pop our bussy.

ย 

Edited by Korb

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

ร—
ร—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker ย :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ’œย ย 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. ๐Ÿ™

I've disabled ad block