Wendy Williams asked about Britney’s conservatorship: “I’m glad its happening to a white girl, because often times black people have a struggle with everything”

Message added by GlitterRain,

Please keep comments respectful. 

If you watched "Where is Wendy Williams" maybe you would go a little easier on her. 

Second: I have thought about that perspective many times through the years. I dont have the statistics but I can not imagine she is wrong in general. It just came out bl**t and not well articulated.

Edit: why is B.l.un.t cencored?

Edited by PrincessAkwa
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackout Britney said:

The amount of people who lack empathy for people suffering with dementia is absolutely disgusting. I god hope no one close to you gets addicted to alcohol or an illness like Wendy has as they’d be better off far away from people who don’t understand and away from Damn right hateful people. Please go into a dementia home and you’ll see elderly people running around naked, swearing, fighting, aggressive, insults. The brain is literally dying and breaking down. Educate yourselves.  Also please watch her new documentary in full and you’ll see why she acts like this. 

It’s well known that people suffering from dementia are subject to extreme hostility, prejudice, mocking, misunderstanding, and the research shows that it actually then leads to even worse symptoms and isolation for the sufferer. 

And you’re right @Blackout Britney that you’ll see the most extreme things if you’re around those suffering. Yes they’ll be inappropriate, they may say things that come off as racist, s**ist, offensive or weird, but they have a physical brain disease preventing them from being the person they would like to be. We really are all at the mercy of our brains running effectively, and it could happen to any one of us. 

Some of these comments are horrible 😔

Edited by HairFlipQueen
  • Like 1

I’m glad exhale isn’t just filled with idiots. She was talking about how historically Black people have had to endure a lot and that because Britney was the one who brought attention to conservatorship abuse, it has had a trailblazing effect in a way I think Nichelle’s conservatorship did not. She just did not execute it that way. She genuinely is suffering and I think everyone needs to give Wendy grace. We know she did not agree with what they did to Britney, and she believes everyone should be in control of their own lives as indicated in this very clip

• Like 1
10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

How I interpreted it is her saying she’s glad it happened to someone white (only POC know that being white is a privilege of its own whether people want to admit it or not) because that means there’s precedence of it happening and she’s hopeful it will happen to her too. However she also has to realize it took almost two decades and her fans to free Britney. It was no simple task. If it wasn’t simple freeing arguably the most famous and recognizable woman that’s ever existed then it won’t be easy freeing Wendy 

This. 🤍

Wendy has been saying stuff like this for years and years. In her show she used to touch her skin and say "my people" all the time and was always referring to people's ethnicities. This is a very American obsession and I get it this comes from their History but come on, let's be real, I really like them a lot but when it comes to "races" Americans are living in a parallel world. :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

She's not saying she's glad Britney was in a cship. She's saying she's glad the poster child for fraudulent cships was a white girl because people overlook black people's struggles.

"But Britney's struggle was overlooked"

Thank God she was white, you can only imagine if she was black.

27 minutes ago, Alio said:

Wendy has been saying stuff like this for years and years. In her show she used to touch her skin and say "my people" all the time and was always referring to people's ethnicities. This is a very American obsession and I get it this comes from their History but come on, let's be real, I really like them a lot but when it comes to "races" Americans are living in a parallel world. :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

Yeah but unfortunately racism still exists. 

37 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Yeah but unfortunately racism still exists. 

She was being asked about someone's conservatorship, it was absolutely not related to being white or black. Racism does exist but the obsession with racism is real too. Wendy's reaction was a good exemple.

17 minutes ago, Alio said:

She was being asked about someone's conservatorship, it was absolutely not related to being white or black. Racism does exist but the obsession with racism is real too. Wendy's reaction was a good exemple.

Yes, it is. If a black person would be trapped in a cship, due to racism that person would have way less visibility than a white person. You don't know what racism is?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Yes, it is. If a black person would be trapped in a cship, due to racism that person would have way less visibility than a white person. You don't know what racism is?

I know what I call racism and that may differ from your personal opinion on that matter, that's a possibility. You think Britney being white has been treated  in a positive way by the whole system around conservatorships for the last 13 years because she's white. Let me tell you.... I disagree. Visibilty ? 11 years of silence and a justice system that didn't move a finger. Invisibilty for black celebrities' problems ? They're all over magazines and TV. Never heard of Whitney Houston ? Kanye West ? .... You see what you want to see, and that's not a problem. It's just your opinion. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

• Love 1

How exactly did being white help Britney? She had a much harder life than all of her peers. She lost her freedom and 13 years of her life. FreeBritney went viral thanks to fans, that leaked voicemail and the testimony. The same thing would have happened if Rihanna or Beyoncé had been under a conservatorship as well. This is almost as dumb as some exhalers calling Britney a Karen… Britney is one of the least “privileged” celebrities out there. 

Wendy always seemed to hold some kind of grudge for Britney, even before things got bad for her. That being said I had no idea how bad her situation was until I saw this thread. It’s actually sad. Looks like we can’t really hold her accountable for anything she says now. Asking her that question and broadcasting her response when we know her medical state is also very exploitative. Hope she gets better somehow. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block