So some of y'all believe Britney didn't write her own book

Why?

I mean it might have been ghostwritten but it was still her work too. She had therapy for this. She sat down to tell her stories, and we got The Woman in Me. Check it out a little definition of ghostwriter and then tell us in the comments why do you think that.

What Is a Ghostwriter?

There’s a narrow understanding of what ghostwriting is among laypeople, and then there’s the broader reality of what it actually is.

The common definition of ghostwriting is the act of one person writing in the name of another person, group, company, or institution without receiving a byline or public credit. But more often than not, ghostwriting is a customized form of collaboration, covering a range of relationships and services tied to the authors’ needs, objectives, and work style.

5f4aeb861ade21231c2c1c7efa28cd80.jpg

Celebrities often collaborate with professional writers or ghostwriters to help bring their ideas to life in a coherent and engaging manner, the guy who help Britney wasn't even good, in french i don't think the book has a great style (i don't know in english), but it's a great document, and it's britney's book, it's her life, she was heavily invested in it. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

I don’t think she actually sat down and wrote it which is okay cause I dont think most celebrity actually sits down and write their own memoir, I think most of them just tell their ghostwriters their experiences and the writer writes it. The problem is I barely think Britney had any input in the book at all. I think she had 20% input and the ghostwriter found the rest of the stuff online to include in the book

So much of the book was inaccurate and the ghost writer wasn't a very known one, I'm inclined to think she (cade) sent him voice notes and he pieced it together. 

She wrote Jamie Lynn was married at 17 (she wasn't) and felt sorry for Jamie Lynn having a divorce young (she didn't have a divorce either) 

She wrote she never smoked w**d but she said in an interview as recently as 2016 that she smoked it during her teens

She said her hair is naturally black

Genuwine says he never saw Britney and JT together.

And that's just the tip of it. I think she rambled off to this ghost writer and he cherry picked the scandalous bits.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Fita said:

Do you think she did or she didn't, girl?

I just read her book and that's all what I know.

Ofc that she narrated her story to somebdy next to her and that person wrote it and with her, and they did some corrections. These things are for a long time and the author is in constant touch with the person and they exchange information and ideas. For example Britney definitely doesn't know her all positions in the charts and when and what awards she got.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

I just read her book and that's all what I know.

Ofc that she narrated her story to somebdy next to her and that person wrote it and with her, and they did some corrections. These things are for a long time and the author is in constant touch with the person and they exchange information and ideas. For example Britney definitely doesn't know her all positions in the charts and when and what awards she got.

People make it seem like it was an unauthentic work, but I think it's got her essence there, but definitely a collaboration between ghostwriter and her.

3 hours ago, chizwhiz said:

So much of the book was inaccurate and the ghost writer wasn't a very known one, I'm inclined to think she (cade) sent him voice notes and he pieced it together. 

She wrote Jamie Lynn was married at 17 (she wasn't) and felt sorry for Jamie Lynn having a divorce young (she didn't have a divorce either) 

She wrote she never smoked w**d but she said in an interview as recently as 2016 that she smoked it during her teens

She said her hair is naturally black

Genuwine says he never saw Britney and JT together.

And that's just the tip of it. I think she rambled off to this ghost writer and he cherry picked the scandalous bits.

I also don’t think the stuff about the end of JT relationship was accurate as we know they saw each other at his b’day and then she was seen leaving his house that day. I think they definitely strongly considered getting back together but didn’t obviously. JT was not accurate when he spoke about it publicly either. The book really feels like it could just be written based off tabloid stories almost. After waiting so long it wasn’t really a very satisfying read and I’ve basically given up on ever thinking we’ll get any answers when it comes to the mysteries surrounding Britney. 

• Like 1

Guys… literally every celeb has a ghost writer for books. She rambled for hours most likely and maybe phone calls then they wrote it down. Not hard to grasp is it really? And I saw someone say 20 percent input? 😂 I highly doubt it. I’d say 60-70 percent. You guys are saying she didn’t remember exact dates… sorry let’s go back 20 years and see if you remember the exact memories, times and dates. 😭 you guys over analyse things and should maybe focus on your own life. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

She wrote her book and anyone that says otherwise is BAnon. A lot of celebrities use Ghostwriters, including Kendra Wilkinsons on her books. Britney sat and told things to the ghostwriter, he asked her questiosn, etc. and he put it all together for her. It's still her book.

I'm so tired of Britney conspiracy theories, it's literally insane.

Edited by frederiickx
  • Like 2

At first I thought this memoir would be any regular memoir and this book made me finally understand the #FreeBritney movement because I didn't understood it at all until I finished the book, I feel like these pages through out Woman in Me sounded less and have more of a simple explanation of what's is going on than those regular book pages with fancy words that have "Compelling." "Euphonious." and etc like words you never heard of, Not a bad thing actually I like how she describes her story in less of what a writer would write because she's not a writer SHES THE PRINCESS OF POP?? and for me I don't care but this is my first time ever getting this into a book with all words no pictures I'm usually a comic book girl but this book was easy to visualise in my head of what is going on in general and what happened to her. 10/10 Book ever for me and short answer I believe she wrote this book by herself maybe a ghost writer but so what?? She made this book so easy for small brain ceils ppl like me. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: 

Edited by BritneyBiatch
5 minutes ago, Britney****** said:

At first I thought this memoir would be any regular memoir and this book made me finally understand the #FreeBritney movement because I didn't understood it at all until I finished the book, I feel like these pages through out Woman in Me sounded less and have more of a simple explanation of what's is going on than those regular book pages with fancy words that have "Compelling." "Euphonious." and etc like words you never heard of, Not a bad thing actually I like how she describes her story in less of what a writer would write because she's not a writer SHES THE PRINCESS OF POP?? and for me I don't care but this is my first time ever getting this into a book with all words no pictures I'm usually a comic book girl but this book was easy to visualise in my head of what is going on in general and what happened to her. 10/10 Book ever for me and short answer I believe she wrote this book by herself maybe a ghost writer but so what?? She made this book so easy for small brain ceils ppl like me. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: 

i think Britney thinks very emotionally, she thinks in feelings and this is why her thoughts or views seem to swift so much, because she is thinking in terms of how she feels in the moment. i can somewhat relate to this to an extend, or at least understand it.

we all kinda of do it too, i trashed her 2 days ago. and now i love her and i'm sympathizing with her and showing understanding... i guess this is the connection we have to her. and so does the world, and i think this can sometimes get toxic for the both of us (meaning us fans, and her relationship with fame) because while we hide behind the anonymity of being a part of a mass, she is a single person under scrutiny.

so i imagine that the book was ghostwritten by someone as she narrated her memories in terms of how she felt, throughout the book she was very descriptive of how she felt rather than what happened factually. because she thinks in feelings when she revisits the memory it may get skewered into the direction of her feelings at the time of the recall.

lol

Prince Harry had a ghostwriter who even commented publicly on it.

Britney commented on her female ghostwriter on IG. She wrote that she talked to her and felt sorry for the lady because Britney was rambling on and didn't know how her ghostwriter would be able to put it together.

Britney wrote that she took a notebook to Maui and wrote. Britney thanked her ghostwriters (plural) at the end of the book. The New York Times published the names of 3 of her ghostwriters, one of them Sam Lansky who works with Britney's publisher. Sam Lansky is author of 2 books, one of them the memoir of his teenage years. He recently wrote the Time article about Taylor Swift who praised him for having a way with words.

Why do many celebrities use ghostwriters? To be interesting and catch the readers' attention a book needs to have a structure with an arc that ties the beginning to the end to create interest and come to a closure. Unclear wording, sticking three different ideas in one short paragraph, rambling, wrong word choices are cleared up for better comprehension. 

The publisher hired fact checkers for the correct dates and events. Rosengart added information on some financial aspects and probably deleted information he doesn't want divulged before the trial.

Britney thanked all her helpers at the end of her book.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

She wrote her book and anyone that says otherwise is BAnon. A lot of celebrities use Ghostwriters, including Kendra Wilkinsons on her books. Britney sat and told things to the ghostwriter, he asked her questiosn, etc. and he put it all together for her. It's still her book.

I'm so tired of Britney conspiracy theories, it's literally insane.

I think they just don’t want to accept the Britney that we have today and the way she is. They always think there’s an agenda as to why she is the way she is which of course they have trust issues as from conservatorship but it’s been over for 2-3 years. She probably had a few phone calls, they wrote it and that’s it. It’s basically like every celebrity who releases a book but noooo the fans have to find “if, but, how, whys”

Edited by Blackout Britney

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block