Are you done with pop music if Britney quits?

There are very interesting pop girls. 

Ariana is amazing. Taylor has fantastic songs. 

I do feel katy perry's time is due . Same with rihanna. Gaga too. They were on top 10 years ago.... Time to move on maybe. 

I don't think I'll have the same fever I've had with britney. 

But music is not dead. 

Most musicians I love are dead anyway.  I made ammends with britney being retired and doing a paula abdul once in a while. 

There will never be another Britney for me, she is the only I will ever stan, with new music or not, I like to know how she is doing and what she has been up to.

i do enjoy other artists, but none of them get me excited like Britney had done. Britney has given me friends around the globe, and has been with me during my ups and downs, I learned English  of her, etc.

I will forever miss Britney as an artist.

Edited by BRITannico
  • Love 1

I think I've been done for maybe as long as Britney has. I don't really keep up with any new artists and all my faves are retired or heritage acts performing their greatest hits every so often now. I'm at a different place in my life and needing #newbops just isn't very important to me anymore. Even when acts I used to follow release something new I never find myself seeking it out.

I think the only 3 artists I am still actively checking for and would have to immediately hear any new output from are Britney, Girls Aloud, and Janet Jackson. Britney is retired and so are Girls Aloud, though they're coming back with a tour to celebrate their legacy and rereleasing their 2nd album with 3 previously unheard songs so that's very likely to be the musical event of my year. Janet hasn't put out anything new in YEARS and just keeps touring endlessly with higher and higher prices for cheaper and cheaper shows so I can't really be bothered with her rn either.:janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

I like good music, and good music is still released all the time. I'm fine. 

That being said, there's a certain kind of excitement I felt at one point for BRITNEY that I just will not get from another pop star. I mean for like the last few years I haven't gotten too excited about Britney anyway if im being honest. It is what it is.

3 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Britney already quit!

Besides even an album wouldn’t be a full return!

I sadly believe we will never have a full world tour, album promotion with interviews and award show performances!

We might get little things here and there but it seems over!

Her label won't let her leave just like that me thinks. She has to fulfill her contract one way or another or else she'll be in legal trouble and at this point I doubt she wants to go back to court. Look what they did to Kesha. Regardless I think if she release another record she will focus more on the touring aspect of it.

• Super Mods

But Britney is done with pop music, she keeps repeating that. So i made my peace with it.

I really like most of the things Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus put out. They are both incredibly talented ladies both vocally and creatively, so I enjoy listening to them.

New pop girlies so so, I have them in the background on my tv/car when I do stuff but that's it. Taylor is extremely boring to me personally, she's as bland as it gets for me. I can see why white girls/gays go crazy for her though, she's basic just like them, they have a representative lol. 

But yeh, Britney isn't coming back. And naturally, she's the only person I ever stanned, it won't happen again for me, I am 31 after all, not a 9 year old kid anymore (when she appeared to dominate with BOMT) :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block