Are you done with pop music if Britney quits?

Personally, I think I would be done with pop music. Who am I going to stan? Ariana Grindr? Olivia Rodrigo? Britney seemed to pass the torch to Taylor anyway and although Taylor makes good music, I don't see myself stanning her the way I do Britney. Britney obviously wants to be left alone. It would be weird for me to even view any photos of her going out in public. Obviously if she releases new music or goes on tour/does a residency I would be here discussing the new music and watching every performance that's recorded.

• Haha 2

I'm 36 and I don't want/ need to 'stan' anyone anymore. I've been done with Britney since a couple of years, but because I've been following her since 2000, it's hard to quit her. I've been waiting for years for her to act like a superstar again and come with fantastic performances. It's stupid because her last good performance was literally 20 years ago. The Britney we met is never going to return anymore. So i have up finally.

I stopped visiting this forum, but every now and then I want to know how she's doing.

I don't really like most pop music anymore, because it's all so boring and non original . Im not gonna 'leave pop' because im not a baby.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, thegrove said:

How do you feel Britney passed anything to Taylor? 

Britney said Taylor is the most iconic pop woman. In hindsight now that I think about it maybe she said that to take the spotlight off of herself. Either way there’s no dispute that Taylor is pop music. She is dominating that genre and she does make good pop music that I’ll listen to but I don’t see myself stanning her.

I don't think I'll stan anyone else but Britney. For me, part of being a stan is the complete journey. From being a 11yo up until now. I'm sad she retired, but I do wish the best for Britney. So if this is what she wants, so be it. 

I still enjoy pop music, old and new, but I won't stan someone like I stan Britney. But I do still go to other concerts too. I'm gonna see Pink for example. She's awesome. 

• Like 4

I'll prob listen to Britney till everything's been listened to and has become boring, and I'll move on to listening to Taylor Sue-ift (the pun was too hard to ignore) or no.

Taylor is like a reconstructed Britney who began taking over in 2007

Edited by PolySpears

The names people are throwing here… a direct insult to Britney’s legacy. I mean, Taylor Swift - fine, but DULL LIPA? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Really?

I think most of us are old enough to be way past our “Stan” days anyway. I haven’t stanned Britney since ITZ. If Primeney comes back I’ll be here for it and support her, but that’s it. All these other pop girls… couldn’t care less. 

• Haha 2

I have always been and will always stan Britney. I've been around since day 1 and my fandom has never wavered. I still collect merch, follow her on IG, stream her music, watch her videos, etc. Even though she has retired as of currently, we have so much material to go back and consume, which I continue to do so. It's fun to go back and enjoy her legacy now. She could always change her mind and come back and dominate the world again one day, but I'm not waiting on that at this point.

There are other artists I enjoy such as Madonna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Kylie Minogue, Miley Cyrus, etc. I will never stan them as hard as Britney, she will always be my #1. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I have been a fan of Carly Rae Jepsen for over ten years, but it's not like I have watched every performance, memorized every music video, and kept up with who she is dating the way we all did with Britney.  I'm just a fan of her music, same with some of the other newer pop girls.  I like some of Tate McRae's songs but it's not like i'm going to become a STAN in my late 30s.  

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block