I feel like we lost

Everyone is acting like a drama here again. Friends, as fans, our expectation from an artist is new songs,performances and a great album. We lost in this respect. The topic being discussed here is not Britney. What we have lost. Of course Britney won. But we also lost a lot of things.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I just feel she wouldn't feel that way if she were never placed in a conservatoriship.

I imagine a multiverse where if she wasn't in one and sure she may have taken more breaks, I just feel the Britney we know would decide to continue to sing/dance within her own self-agency. I just feel they robbed her of her passion and I think she's letting them get what they want, which was for her to be miserable. 

I can't see a world where Britney is happy not singing, not entertaining, performing, or dancing because as she poignantly put out… it helped her escape, feel free, express herself, and was all a spiritual practice. 

:verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:I mean she can do all those things still just in her living room like I do :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

only difference is I don’t post my living room performance on Instagram lol

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I hoped that once Britney got out of the conservatorship, she would prove all the haters wrong. I feel like all these vultures sucked all her happiness and potential away, and in the end, she really let them win. 

I wish she would find joy and happiness in what she loves and is talented in! Right now, I feel like they won and, as fans, have lost.

She won freedom. Who expected her to be happy? I can not fathom her emotions . The abuse she endured is twisted. She had absolute control over her . So getting out. She did win. Now lets wish, gift and give her respect, peace, happiness, time, empathy, love, support, space, be kind and let her be. She is healing. Allow it. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Some people in this thread are just so dumb. Nobody is saying Britney shouldn't make her own decisions, but WE lost either way. She's an artist, a performer, and ALL OF US here are fans because of her music and her art in the first place. Her choosing not to do this anymore means we lost her, we'll probably, as of now, never experience Britney Spears the way we once did in the past when she used to rule the pop music. Britney herself said multiple times that they ruined it for her, so yeah, it's not a reach to say that her abusers won in that aspect, they destroyed Britney's passion for music. 

I still don't believe Britney is done for good, she's just going through a lot and this is the first time in over a decade that she gets to experience life the way she wants to. She's still in the procces of finding herself. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

Some people in this thread are just so dumb. Nobody is saying Britney shouldn't make her own decisions, but WE lost either way. She's an artist, a performer, and ALL OF US here are fans because of her music and her art in the first place. Her choosing not to do this anymore means we lost her, we'll probably, as of now, never experience Britney Spears the way we once did in the past when she used to rule the pop music. Britney herself said multiple times that they ruined it for her, so yeah, it's not a reach to say that her abusers won in that aspect, they destroyed Britney's passion for music. 

I still don't believe Britney is done for good, she's just going through a lot and this is the first time in over a decade that she gets to experience life the way she wants to. She's still in the procces of finding herself. 

That is exactly how I feel. They destroyed her love of making music and performing. I'd love to see one era where she taps back into her star power and shines again!

2 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

Oh no, poor us! She should have stayed in the cship then. And we would have gotten another album. 

• Like 1

She/we won, but winning is often different from what we thought it was going to be. There was a certain point when her future looked bright, she got married, she was free to do whatever she wanted, she even talked about being an advocate, but everything started to fall apart. I feel... because I can't be sure, but that's how I feel... she's more depressed and alone than she's ever been, and has zero motivation to do anything. I didn't want new material from her because I knew she always wanted to quit, and honestly, the last two albums were meh. If that's the best she can create now, then just keep it.

But freedom comes with responsibilities as well. You can't just feel sorry for yourself, you have to act like a responsible adult, and you have to understand that actions have consequences. If you're fueling the 'crazy Britney' narrative (aka 'trolling'), that's what you'll get. If you quit music and you just want to be a celebrity without art, then that's how they will treat you. According to court decision, she's a responsible adult who's able to understand how the world works. If she's bored, that's her fault. If she has untreated mental issues, that's her fault. If she's going through manic eposides in front on the world on IG because that's her profession now, that's also her fault. We don't have to defend her anymore because she's capable. If her future is dark, that's on her.

I think this is what fans should also understand. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't say she's capable and blame everyone else around her when she does something. We won, she won, now she has to make decisions.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block