I feel like we lost

53 minutes ago, Dublingin said:

The goal of getting out of the conservatorship was not so she could get back to work and please her fans. It was so she could live her life and end an corrupt and unjust situation.

You haven’t lost anything. She’s free and in charge of her own decisions now, as she should have always been. Any fan who feels she owes them a comeback should be ashamed of themselves. It’s comments like these that also probably fuel her to not want anything to do with this industry anymore. The entitlement.. I swear.

I just feel she wouldn't feel that way if she were never placed in a conservatoriship.

I imagine a multiverse where if she wasn't in one and sure she may have taken more breaks, I just feel the Britney we know would decide to continue to sing/dance within her own self-agency. I just feel they robbed her of her passion and I think she's letting them get what they want, which was for her to be miserable. 

I can't see a world where Britney is happy not singing, not entertaining, performing, or dancing because as she poignantly put out… it helped her escape, feel free, express herself, and was all a spiritual practice. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Aymama said:

She actually won because she gets to decide now. Britney has seemed over the industry since 2003, pretty sure being forced to work for so long would only make someone even more over it. 

the thing is, our happiness as fans shouldn’t come from her putting herself out there, it should be from knowing she is a free woman for the first time in a long time. 

Sure, but I don't think her decision now is completely unbiased or objective. It's influenced by the trauma and conservatorship, rather than her own free will.  

• Haha 1

We completely lost it. When I think about it from our side, we will no longer be able to get the amazing comeback we want from Britney Spears. I think the most amazing legacy she left us is Blackout. They took away the thing she loved most in her life... Singing and dancing. I wish her to live her life. But of course, as a fan, I have very high expectations from her. I can't help it.. This is Britney we're talking about. I think she has completely lost her talents musically and dancing. Unfortunately, being in prison for 13 years took a lot from her. None of us know the current Britney. I don't think she cares much about her fans or the people outside.. Wasted and destroyed talent..The years 2004-2005 will never come back. So don't think too much and enjoy your old performances, videos and songs. I have no expectations from her anymore. Because it's like a machine that's been unplugged... I'm sorry but it's true.. Good luck Britney. 

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Yanal said:

We completely lost it. When I think about it from our side, we will no longer be able to get the amazing comeback we want from Britney Spears. I think the most amazing legacy she left us is Blackout. They took away the thing she loved most in her life... Singing and dancing. I wish her to live her life. But of course, as a fan, I have very high expectations from her. I can't help it.. This is Britney we're talking about. I think she has completely lost her talents musically and dancing. Unfortunately, being in prison for 13 years took a lot from her. None of us know the current Britney. I don't think she cares much about her fans or the people outside.. Wasted and destroyed talent..The years 2004-2005 will never come back. So don't think too much and enjoy your old performances, videos and songs. I have no expectations from her anymore. Because it's like a machine that's been unplugged... I'm sorry but it's true.. Good luck Britney. 

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

100% completely relate to this. That is so eloquently put. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I hoped that once Britney got out of the conservatorship, she would prove all the haters wrong. I feel like all these vultures sucked all her happiness and potential away, and in the end, she really let them win. 

I wish she would find joy and happiness in what she loves and is talented in! Right now, I feel like they won and, as fans, have lost.

I absolutely agree and have said the same exact thing on here.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Dublingin said:

The goal of getting out of the conservatorship was not so she could get back to work and please her fans. It was so she could live her life and end an corrupt and unjust situation.

You haven’t lost anything. She’s free and in charge of her own decisions now, as she should have always been. Any fan who feels she owes them a comeback should be ashamed of themselves. It’s comments like these that also probably fuel her to not want anything to do with this industry anymore. The entitlement.. I swear.

You're right, we did get our hopes up, but you can't blame a fanbase for wanting quality work from their favs after years of fighting and waiting. 

But what did SHE do with the power of choice? Go to Maui? Or spin endlessly in her living room? I wish she would have become a spokesperson for conservatees, there I would see her as a winner.

But she did lose, because she did nothing we the new found power (except a book, which is still self-centered). 

They chewed her and spit out the shell of what she was. They won :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block