Lil Nas X dressed up as Jesus Christ for the single artwork.

1 hour ago, Naej2theend said:

Why are you all clutching pearls over this 😅?

Don’t you realize you are all literally crucifying him right now ?

It's a tired trope. It's low-hanging fruit. I'm sure we've all experienced hateful Christians but there are tens if not hundreds of millions of decent ones who don't deserve to have someone desecrating their iconography for attention.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TTrouble said:

If Lil Nas X wanted to gain attention, he surely did :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Praise be!

Madonna did it well, let's see what Lil Nas has in store.

Thank you for sharing this. I was thinking about this exact similar take from Madonna, but could not remember exactly which show it was.

She has been using the religious iconography for decades now.

It is literally a trope at this point and as someone said before in the thread, it has been done 1 million times before.

it is a non-event at this point from my point of view.

Edited by Naej2theend
I shared before writing anything
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Naej2theend said:

Thank you for sharing this. I was thinking about this exact similar take from Madonna, but could not remember exactly which show it was.

She has been using the religious iconography for decades now.

It is literally a trope at this point and as someone said before in the thread, it has been done 1 million times before.

it is a non-event at this point from my point of view.

He also sings about it, and what people don’t realize, we as individuals who have been repressed by religion, find our way of expressing ourselves through these mediums to reflect and grow. Jesus loved all and yet died. We live in a world where his morals aren’t held to higher ground. Instead, we rip the Bible apart and pick and choose our battles but that wasn’t Jesus’s outlook. How is it devils work? The devil is at play every day, and these are the battles yall choose? 💀💀

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

This is disgusting and a mockery to Jesus Christ. Is that supposed to make me want to listen to your new single? Uh no that tells me to stay as far away from you and anything you create.

THIS. I’m all for artistic expression but to make a mockery of God is just so uncalled for. No one ever does with this buddha, allah, ect and if they did they would be cancelled immediately. I’m so tired of this. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, lucho pedres said:

Why the need to mock the Messiah?

Mocking? The Romans put him to die due to the lunacy of being all loving and accepting. That’s mocking. He’s taking an ideal that was placed on him and expressing himself through his art. No one, not one real picture of Jesus exists, only paintings of his likeness. So in all actuality, it’s an exploration of how and what he must’ve felt at a time where he didn’t understand why me, why now, why today? What’s to come tomorrow? Jesus is much more than religion makes him to be.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block