Dua Lipa scrapped the REAL 1st single of DL3 due to war themes in the scrapped MV

HER MAKE ME ERA

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

DUA Lipa has pulled a music video that has cost hundreds of thousands of pounds after she decided it was “insensitive” amid Israel’s war w

The British superstar, 28, secretly shot the video — which included crowds fighting and chaos — prior to Hamas’ invasion of Israel on October 7.Dua's video included explosions and fighting but was filmed before Hamas’ invasion of Israel

The big budget music video included hundreds of extras and would have coincided with the run-up to the release of her third studio album  next year.

The video was conceptualised and shot prior to the start of the war in Gaza.

It was scrapped after a series of emergency meetings held among her team.

A music insider said: “A video was shot for Dua Lipa’s forthcoming campaign last September.

“At its heart the video was playful but contained themes of chaos — including car crashes, demolition, explosions, fireworks and crowds fighting.

“Dua and her team decided that it would be insensitive for the video to come out given what has happened on and since October 7.”

Terrorist group Hamas launched an attack on Israel on that day, killing around 1,200 people and it has resulted in the violent conflict in Gaza.

In a statement on Instagram in October, Dua wrote: “With each passing day, my heart aches for the people of Israel and ­Palestine.

4 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

And that's why the video for Houdini is that basic.

Another Beyonce single ladies situation.

Yep

4 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

If it was shot before the war people should not be upset. 

harden the f up. 

imagine all the resources went into producing the music video. Now it’s scrapped because people are a bunch of snowflakes. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

1 more reason to hate zoomers

• Like 1

Im a Muslim Arab, and im fine with it even if it was filmed after the war. Do people realize wars around the world are none stop? There is no time in history where people arent killing other people in mass numbers. Its a music video, it has nothing to do with reality, are you guys gonna boycott action movies now?

Edited by fays1
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I hate sensitive *** people. ******* pathetic fragile POS getting offended at every littlle thing. The irony is they are horrible people in real life but playing the “look at what a good little person I am caring about everything that offends everyone” online. PLEASE

bruh be calm you sound awfully offended .. ironically :) love and light

12 minutes ago, Ehju0901 said:

Same.  I assumed Single Ladies was basic because of the 2008 recession and music videos not having a budget.

I recall watching an MTV interview that discussed that era, revealing that significant financial resources were invested in the first single. However, the second single and its video seemed to be an afterthought. Nevertheless, this contradicts the information provided on Wikipedia, which states that the music videos for both songs were shot concurrently, with all creative and budgetary choices predetermined prior to the release of "If I Were a Boy."

Sorry :clownery_makeup_meme:

• Like 3
On 12/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, bbbsss said:

Yes, let’s mention the alleged 1,200 people and completely disregard nearly 30,000 Palestinians killed by Israel in the last 82 days. 

:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

the statement is from october. and yep that happens when someone attacts a country and uses their own population as human shields in the aftermath

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block