Poll: The worst time to be a Britney stan?

The worst time to be a Britney stan?   

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I haven't lived through all these other times, I think 2018-2023 has to be the worst for several reasons: silence regarding her career/music, the #FreeBritney era that caused a lot of fans a lot of nerves, conspiracy theories, scandals, negative image in media, and the fact that all of this has persisted for so long. It's not surprising that fans are losing interest, I've also noticed this in myself.

200.gif

At least Britney got freed, she released her successful memoir, and she had a moderate hit song.

Spoiler

And before some of you RATS try to create this false narrative that ''I'm criticizing her for not working'', sit down. It's about what fans feel. Britney has the right to do whatever she wants with her life and career, and I respect it. We can feel sad about it and, at the same time, respect her decisions. It's truly as simple as that.

200.gif

What are your thoughts?

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Since I love Britney for who she is. My answer is, the worst time being a stan is when she is having her worst time. I have been soooo worried about her losing her children, about her being in the conservationship and I understood she wanted out. We who loves her and not what she does could tell she didn't feel good. What's worst for me as a stan, is when I don't know if she is alright or not. I love her so much. She feels like a close friend. 

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

You can still like and support someone even though they may not be working or dealing with personal issues. If you think there’s a bad time to be a fan of someone and have to vote about it then I don’t think you’re truly a fan. 

Here we go with these annoying users who think they are eating with their toxic positivity :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, Britney is an artist, we are fans, why do some of you ALWAYS have to make it about her personal experiences? Guess what, literally all of us have had to go through tons of **** in our lives. Many other artists have had to endure traumatic experiences. So why is it that when it comes to Britney, there are fans who always want to see her solely through the perspective of her traumatic past? You're so annoying. We have the right to talk about our experiences as stans, we're literally NOT criticizing her decisions or life by doing so.

GET OUT OF MY CLASS YOU'RE OUT :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Edited by The One and Only
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

Here we go with these annoying users who think they are eating with their toxic positivity :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Not everything is sunshine and rainbows, Britney is an artist, we are fans, why do some of you ALWAYS have to make it about her personal experiences? Guess what, literally all of us have had to go through tons of **** in our lives. Many other artists have had to endure traumatic experiences. So why is it that when it comes to Britney, there are fans who always want to see her solely through the perspective of her traumatic past? You're so annoying. We have the right to talk about our experiences as stans, we're literally NOT criticizing her decisions or life by doing so.

GET OUT OF MY CLASS YOU'RE OUT :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

And how do we deal with the toxic users who can’t understand or accept an opinion that’s different than theirs? So they choose to bully them and make them feel like their opinion is wrong. If you’re going to make a thread, there’s going to be different opinions sweetie. Can’t accept that, don’t make one 😂 Sorry that we all don’t think like you. 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 3
Just now, stronger1992 said:

And how do we deal with the toxic users who can’t understand or accept an opinion that’s different than theirs? So they choose to bully them and make them feel like their opinion is wrong. If you’re going to make a thread, there’s going to be different opinions sweetie. Can’t accept that, don’t make one 😂 

You're literally the one attacking me, making it seem like you're the one who can't accept opinions different from yours 😂 ''Bully them''? 😂 Exactly, how do we deal with the toxic users who can't understand or accept an opinion that's different than theirs? I asked for your opinion on the worst time to stan Britney, I didn't ask for you to drag me 😂

5 minutes ago, The One and Only said:

You're literally the one attacking me, making it seem like you're the one who can't accept opinions different from yours 😂 ''Bully them''? 😂 Exactly, how do we deal with the toxic users who can't understand or accept an opinion that's different than theirs? I asked for your opinion on the worst time to stan Britney, I didn't ask for you to drag me 😂

Attacking? Look what you replied with in your first response😂 I stated my opinion, you dragged me cause it didn’t match yours.  Just another forum troll. Sorry you’re so triggered 😂 I don’t think thread making is for you 

Edited by stronger1992
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

Attacking? Look what you replied with 😂 I stated my opinion, you dragged me cause it didn’t match yours.  Just another forum troll. Sorry you’re so triggered 😂 I don’t think thread making is for you 

Your ''opinion'' was literally dragging me 😂 Sorry you're so triggered 😂 I don't think posting is for you

This is literally you trying to make your point:

Edited by The One and Only

it's weird, because obviously I know that Britney herself had the worst of it in 2019 when she was at the facility, but for the most part we were in the dark so it wasn't until later on that we knew what was happening.

Personally to me, it hasn't been that hard to cope with these recent years, maybe because I'm way older now and it feels like time flies, and because we have a lot of Britney music and footage to enjoy now, and I unironically love her IG posts.

But back then, after ITZ, and before Blackout, AND Blackout era itself, were awful for me. Again, maybe because I was younger, but 2 or 3 years felt like an eternity, not to mention "Primeney" was very recent, and the universe was taking her away from me before my eyes, so that, as a fan, was very difficult for me. I was being robbed something that was with me my entire childhood.

We didn't have social media, and we didn't know how her future or the future of her career looked like, so it was a lot of uncertainty. The media basically made you believe she was on the verge of dying (even if now in retrospective we see that they were just exaggerating). I remember when the GM video came out and MTV would play it every morning before I got to school, it was like a constant reminder that my fave was gone :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Then Circus the next year gave me hope, even if I didn't know what was really happening with her. Talking from a fan perspective it was like "the old Britney is still there :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:"

So that's how I've overcome every subsequent era, and meltdown, and drought ever since. The FF era I actually enjoyed it while it happened, even if now I see it for what it really was. X Factor, POM, including the wigs, having no more singles or live performances for BJ and Glory, Domination getting cancelled, etc. I'm still here, because in my mind nothing can't be worse than what I went through back then.

Edited by PokemonSpears
  • Love 4

Right now... 

Let's be real for one second, nobody genuinely stans Currentney. Quote to tell me otherwise all you want, I do not believe you and you are deluding yourself. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: There is literally nothing to root for anymore except some pretentious "justice" talk as she's on IG dragging her once shiny name through the mud on the daily, degrading its value further each time she posts.

We're all here because she's a childhood or adolescence memory of ours, something from the past we got attached to for whatever reason... The bops, the dream she incorporated. She's becoming the definition of a nostalgia act and I'm not saying that to be shady, just realistic. That and the messy Exhale community that can be enjoyable to engage with at times. 

tea-the-tea.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Baronesse said:

Right now... 

Let's be real for one second, nobody genuinely stans Currentney. Quote to tell me otherwise all you want, I do not believe you and you are deluding yourself. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading: There is literally nothing to root for anymore except some pretentious "justice" talk as she's on IG dragging her once shiny name through the mud on the daily, degrading its value further each time she posts.

We're all here because she's a childhood or adolescence memory of ours, something from the past we got attached to for whatever reason... The bops, the dream she incorporated. She's becoming the definition of a nostalgia act and I'm not saying that to be shady, just realistic. That and the messy Exhale community that can be enjoyable to engage with at times. 

tea-the-tea.gif

Reba Mcentire Reaction GIF by CBS

Thing is… As a human being, I’m happy for this time in Britney’s life. She is free. She healing. Doing what she wants. That’s amazing. 

But, from the perspective of a fan, now it’s the worst time. I don’t know Britney personally, she is not part of my life. All I know it’s the Britney artist, the one making music, videos, performances. Without that, there’s not much to keep connecting with her. It’s the nostalgia that keeps the interest on, but it’s fading. The book helped, but it’s fading. 

Good for her, though!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block