This is straight up Britney's look and choreo - Tate McRae

You guys are so defensive and rude :beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

It's not how Britney dances yeah but she could dance like this in the future? if Britney ever comeback that more subtle choreo and stage style would be something to be inspired of, 

Get real that MATM Britney is gone. The way Britney dances on her instagram with a choreographer helping adjusting something here and there and a new way to perform with more subtle dancing with just little hard hitting moves here and there would suit Britney so well!

I just visualise something watching this Tate performance for Britney and it would be amazing, but I need a Sketch-up meets The Sims or whatever program stage designers uses to present a beautiful modern performance for B, or just write 2 pages about how I sense, just to dream.

• Like 2

I like her style of performing.. she’s bringing dancing back in a huge way that has been gone from pop music for a long time. I think that’s why Britney’s name keeps coming up. But let’s be real- Tinashe was doing this too and it’s still criminal how she never took off. I wish success for Tate and I agree with the rest of the comments that Britney is Britney and the stage presence and charisma innately in her cannot be duplicated 

• Love 1

I think Exhale should cut the girl some slack. 

The Hairzone Mall tour was hardly fantastic - don’t come for me.

Britney grew into her artistry through time.

No one, except for Exhale members, are talking about the comparisons negatively. It’s all very positive, and incredible really that it’s taken 25 years for anyone to come out and dance like Tate is dancing.

Is her music, stage presence, execution perfect? No! But is she the only artist currently offering a smidge of dance energy? Hell yeah!

Britney’s legacy is safe. Don’t try and bring Tate down just to try and big Britney up, it’s so immature. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 12/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, stronger1992 said:

I think y’all are just bored with Pop music and need someone new to worship. So you’re taking some mid pop artist and saying she’s Britney Spears. This girl is not bad, but she’s not great. And she’s definitely not Britney status. The comparison posts are getting old. 

Shes an amazing dancer, but the music does not hit the same 

1. Her music sucks, she needs to work with better producers to create actual danceable bops. Songs like Ava Max or Kim Petras put out, bc Tate can actually dance to them.

2. Her dancing is good but she’s too aggressive with execution. It just does not go with the type of music she is putting out. She’s always at 100% in terms of intensity and it just don’t not fit. She needs to feel the music.

I don’t see the comparison. Britney’s performances & dancing always had a real connected flow with the music she was dancing to. There was layers to Britney’s performance, Tate just throws out all the moves she knows to prove she can dance, even if it does not fit the performance.

Also Tate is 20, almost 21. Britney was 16 putting out better music & performances with more heart & soul. They are not the same.

Edited by monalisaney81
  • Like 4

Let’s be real 99% of us won’t even remember that clip after clicking off this page. She looks bland, her performance is  beige and the song doesn’t hook you at all, I can’t recall a single lyric from the clip I just watched.

To compare her to Britney, then or now, is literally outrageous. To equate this song with “Oops” and describe it as a modern equivalent? 

spacer.png

Spoiler

No offense :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Haha 2
  • Like 3
On 12/16/2023 at 9:29 AM, OneTrackMind said:

This was NOT a Britney choreo and you know it. :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

With all these threads about this TikTok girl YOU GUYS are making me dislike her. I was pretty much indifferent to her, but now since Exhell has been flooded with this chick (even by a mod surprise surprise) I can't stand her. She doesn't look like Britney, she doesn't dance lik her, she doesn't SING like her. Nothing about her screams Britney. Just because she's a white young woman who shaked her hips doesn't make her the new Britney or anything similiar. 

No one called Billie, Dua and the other pop girls "the next X" or "she is like X", they had their own style and are successful at it. You guys need to leave Tate alone and let her do own thing. Stop posting about her in the BRITNEY SECTION just because she dances... get real.

Literally. I used to like Beyonce and Christina before I joined this forum. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: They're going to make me despise this Tate chick.

I'm not a Tate hater but why was this giving me "JINGELB BELL BAWL" vibes :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

She's an amazing dancer but she lacks precision like Britney in her prime, shes making the choreo look hard whereas Britney made hard choreo look easy... If that makes sense.

I'm not going to be delusional though in terms of pop girls  she's on of the best dancers, period.

I've been enjoying her work. I am not the biggest fan of her voice - only because it does not distinct her from other singers. She sounds like Julia Michaels, to me. Her stage performance is quite good. But I think if you watch Britney's performance (sans conservatorship), she not only dances but includes emotional expressions. Those small details make it look effortless. 

On 12/17/2023 at 7:19 PM, troubleforyou said:

I think Exhale should cut the girl some slack. 

The Hairzone Mall tour was hardly fantastic - don’t come for me.

Britney grew into her artistry through time.

No one, except for Exhale members, are talking about the comparisons negatively. It’s all very positive, and incredible really that it’s taken 25 years for anyone to come out and dance like Tate is dancing.

Is her music, stage presence, execution perfect? No! But is she the only artist currently offering a smidge of dance energy? Hell yeah!

Britney’s legacy is safe. Don’t try and bring Tate down just to try and big Britney up, it’s so immature. 

I get what you are saying. However lets not underplay that Britney debuted perfectly as a performer. The mall tour isn't a good example when BOMT was her first video and the dancing didn't need 0 improvements from Britney. Things that mattered were delivered excellent for a really long period of time and from the start. 

Just a note. 

Tate has potential but I seriously doubt that we will watch any other icon rise when the last one must be Gaga almost 2 decades ago.

On 12/17/2023 at 12:41 PM, monalisaney81 said:

1. Her music sucks, she needs to work with better producers to create actual danceable bops. Songs like Ava Max or Kim Petras put out, bc Tate can actually dance to them.

2. Her dancing is good but she’s too aggressive with execution. It just does not go with the type of music she is putting out. She’s always at 100% in terms of intensity and it just don’t not fit. She needs to feel the music.

I don’t see the comparison. Britney’s performances & dancing always had a real connected flow with the music she was dancing to. There was layers to Britney’s performance, Tate just throws out all the moves she knows to prove she can dance, even if it does not fit the performance.

Also Tate is 20, almost 21. Britney was 16 putting out better music & performances with more heart & soul. They are not the same.

This is the best take on this artist so far. It’s exactly right. 100% agree

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block