Nicki Minaj says her album ‘Pink Friday 2’ has already sold 300k units in its debut week but Billboard is planning on filtering out 100k

Style.

She’s such a clown. Shes always so pissed because she keeps touting herself as the greatest/best/Queen and she has been outshined for years now. Imagine calling yourself the best and then keep crying about sales. That’s not Queen behavior. Shoulda kept her ego in check when she was the hot new thing ****ting on all the legends that came before her. Now the roles reversed and she’s old news.. whiny has been. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Style. said:

What’s the correlation with the thread? Can you read? It doesn’t matter if the music is TRASH or not, the fans ARE buying the music regardless so why punish her for having a fandom? :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi:

So millions of fans are buying her albums, she cashes in trillions and she still has the urge to go public and whine cause bad Billboard changes the rules so that she won’t get a #1?

If her music was truly good, people would notice and listen without her needing to rant on a social media about how she’s been robbed of a #1, which she’s done quite often in her career now.

She always has to say bad things about other rappers (females especially) and that casually happens every time she has new music coming out, so she will be talked about.

Nicki’s afraid of the demise. Quite frankly she’s probably right about her fears cause she’s not that original anymore and people have moved on.
Payola is not the issue here. Apart from a couple of solo songs, her biggest hits in her career are not even her own songs. Her lyrics are always the same, even album titles are the same - that must say something!

I know fans won’t probably understand.  

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Style. said:

I don't know if you were here when they changed the rules suddenly after BLACKOUT dropped. It's strange. I don't care what anybody says, "DO WE HAVE A PROBLEM" by Nicki is a #1 record, but they filtered the sales due to "mass buying." LIKE WHAT? Lil Nas X was cash apping fans to buy his album, and Cardi was paying radios to play her songs. INDUSTRY PLANTS!

Walmart, Billboard and Irving Azoff worked together to sabotage Blackout. In 2018 Nicki said Irving and Travis Scott worked together on a smear campaign to ruin her tour.

“The c—sucker of the day is Irving Azoff,” she said. “And I’m gonna tell you why. Allegedly, he tried to put out a smear campaign against my tour, and contacted people in the media to spread negative things about my tour.” She talked about his influence at Ticketmaster — he stepped down as CEO of Live Nation/Ticketmaster more than five years ago — and said “May God be with you, Irving. It’s disgusting what these people have been systematically trying to do.” - Variety

Oddly, she then signed with Irving.

Now Nicki is saying she's being punished for not signing a 360 deal, which basically are deals where one corporation controls your entire career. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

:ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

200 or 300, a female rapper is still selling massive units like this with their fifth album and fifteen years into their career? It is beyond impressive. Goes to show that Nicki is here to stay and IS the Queen of Rap no matter how anyone tries to spin it :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

You were missed on these streets, skinny legendT! I’m about to wake this TEA up once we get the final numbers, and I will end the twinkies of exhale once and for all!!:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Thoughts on “Are You Gone Already?” — it samples Billie’s song, and it’s got a heartbreaking message.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mx_Defying said:

Walmart, Billboard and Irving Azoff worked together to sabotage Blackout. In 2018 Nicki said Irving and Travis Scott worked together on a smear campaign to ruin her tour.

“The c—sucker of the day is Irving Azoff,” she said. “And I’m gonna tell you why. Allegedly, he tried to put out a smear campaign against my tour, and contacted people in the media to spread negative things about my tour.” She talked about his influence at Ticketmaster — he stepped down as CEO of Live Nation/Ticketmaster more than five years ago — and said “May God be with you, Irving. It’s disgusting what these people have been systematically trying to do.” - Variety

Now Nicki is saying she's being punished for not signing a 360 deal, which basically are deals where one corporation controls your entire career. 

No one cares this much about musical artists. Do you honestly think there was conspiracies and “campaigns” to ruin an album or tour? No one cares enough to plan and execute a sabotage plan. That’s crazy.

The BLACKOUT situation was technically legit, the Eagles did sell more than she did that week, even though it was a re-release of an old album. But they are a classic band, people buy them.

You do understand this is the music industry, why wouldn’t they want to make the most money possible, considering this is a business… the role of a business is to make more money, not less. No one cares about Nicki Minaj or her placement on the charts (also it’s 2023). Only she does.

Edited by A.a.A
  • Like 2
On 12/15/2023 at 12:26 AM, Style. said:

But when the s** worker of rap, ex rap*** by the name Belcalis Almanzar DOES this, then what? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:spacer.png

Easy answer, this doesn’t explicitly say the million dollars is for buying copies of WAP. It just says they’re doing a giveaway. 

I love Nicki, but she constantly thinks the world is against her, she’s a victim and tbh I think she lies a lot. She’s always complaining and it does my head in :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There is no competition on the next chart week, so she should have her #1 debut secured. With that being said, it is her own fault to make stuff like this public. She should have just kept her mouth shut, as the core fans most likely would have bought multiple copies anyway. But who cares? In the end, she will get the money, and the charting systems are completely trash nowadays.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Easy answer, this doesn’t explicitly say the million dollars is for buying copies of WAP. It just says they’re doing a giveaway. 

I love Nicki, but she constantly thinks the world is against her, she’s a victim and tbh I think she lies a lot. She’s always complaining and it does my head in :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I was wondering what was the correlation of that post too. WAP had already been #1 and it was to support and uplift women.

Bringing that up as a criticism and make it seem as if it was a bribe for sales is WILD and sad, if that was the intention. 

• Love 1
On 12/15/2023 at 7:26 AM, Mx_Defying said:

They are probably retaliating due to her starting her own label as well. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block