Ne-Yo said Britney turned down all his songs

Cqleb

1 hour ago, Fita said:

Me going over there to listen to those songs I don't know lol

1 hour ago, PlatinumB said:

Did he ever get to write a song for her? Such a shame! Neyo is a great songwriter from a female perspective!

51 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Looking at the dates these songs were released it looks like he pitched these to her post ITZ / pre Blackout

Here's the five other songs he wrote for her, he started writing them circa March 2006

Also he always mentioned there being anywhere between six and eight songs so there might be at least another one left

Spoiler

On separate interviews he mentioned that the two tracks she wanted to record were the ones given to Nicole and that he set up at least three different sessions for her to record them including one in which he personally saw how the paparazzi swarmed her just as she was about to enter the studio which led her to get back in the car to try and get away from them

There was also at least one report that mentioned him giving one of the songs to Michael Jackson for his last album but this was most likely false

• Like 3

Why was that dude so surprised lol. Like he heard something so shocking q6🤭

Many artists don't work with people even to record a demo, especially when the artist is into a certain sound or a producer. Like for Britney, it was Max Martin, the Neptunes, Bloodshy and Avant, then Danja. And I personally don't think neyo's vibe, the acoustic strums or harp riffs or clap snares would really fit Britney that well. Whenever there was an upload saying a neyo song was a Britney reject, I could see why tbh.

But good for him that Beyonce and Rihanna got to record the songs after all.

1 hour ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

Flaws and all could be done in the same session Britney covered i’ve been loving you by otis redding. Song structures seems to be the same. What a missed opportunity. He’s a great song writer.

1 hour ago, Fita said:

Did she record that cover/version during 2005/2006? Because that's the years when Beyonce's bday was recorded and released, I suppose.

While it's unknown when exactly she recorded it, the cover was produced by Notes, not Ne-Yo

Since he also produced Rebellion, there's a chance it might have been recored between late 2005 and early 2006 as it was around this time that she began working with the people who had worked on Kevin's album

One important detail though is that since she was seen with a disc with 'Otis Redding' written on it on August 2007 and the actual disc where the cover came from read Otis Redding Tribute it's possible that either she was working on an entire cover album by herself as passion project or she was slated to appear on a tribute album possibly put together by Jive which ultimately got cancelled similarly to how she was supposed to appear on a Dionne Warwick's album around the same time but ultimately pulled the plug

JALBA060904_01280129.JPG

sddefault.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jup1ter said:

I do remember Britney working with her Circus A&R around 2010 that ended up doing the Beyonce 4 album, 

But this is 2007 sessions... B'day was a good album, I do like Flaws & All, Deja Vu, Resentment... (that was a Victoria Beckham song)

I still find it hilarious Beyonce “covered” this and even got a writing credit on it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
16 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

While it's unknown when exactly she recorded it, the cover was produced by Notes, not Ne-Yo

Since he also produced Rebellion, there's a chance it might have been recored between late 2005 and early 2006 as it was around this time that she began working with the people who had worked on Kevin's album

One important detail though is that since she was seen with a disc with 'Otis Redding' written on it on August 2007 and the actual disc where the cover came from read Otis Redding Tribute it's possible that either she was working on an entire cover album by herself as passion project or she was slated to appear on a tribute album possibly put together by Jive which ultimately got cancelled similarly to how she was supposed to appear on a Dionne Warwick's album around the same time but ultimately pulled the plug

JALBA060904_01280129.JPG

sddefault.jpg

I simply adore that cover of Otis. It sounds amazing. Btw I always thought it was recorded in the BOMT era since the vocals sound so youthful, soulful and deep like she sounded in that first record.

1 hour ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Here's the five other songs he wrote for her, he started writing them circa March 2006

Also he always mentioned there being anywhere between six and eight songs so there might be at least another one left

Reveal hidden contents

On separate interviews he mentioned that the two tracks she wanted to record were the ones given to Nicole and that he set up at least three different sessions for her to record them including one in which he personally saw how the paparazzi swarmed her just as she was about to enter the studio which led her to get back in the car to try and get away from them

There was also at least one report that mentioned him giving one of the songs to Michael Jackson for his last album but this was most likely false

“Happily Never After” - I know that’s one of the songs and it’s such a great song. Britney definitely would’ve done that song justice. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I wish he could've named all the songs he wrote for Britney but gave away.

I'm curious to know what they are. 

Here:

5 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Hide contents

• Love 1
2 hours ago, setlimitations said:

I like neyo but idk if Britney would sound good with his sound.  

did anyone check to see if Beyoncé took song writing credits on the ones she recorded like she did with irreplaceable?  Asking for a friend.

Yeah beyonce lied again, she is credited for "flaws and all" even if neyo wrote the entire song for britney, she is such a liar i can't, maybe she changed just one word as she usually does :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: Britney could never do that, be credited for someone else's work :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Edited by Agyness

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block