Dream cast for the film adaptation of The Woman in Me

If I know Britney, main roles would be newcomers. In crossroads  and brave new girl movie, she chose newcomers for the main roles and known actors for old roles. 
and I don’t think she would support making an already rich artist any more rich. She would choose unknown young talents to be a support. We also know how emotional she was during britney spears camp and at the x factor auditions. But she would not give  her blessing for such a project.

Edited by rebellion_is_the_way
5 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

If I know Britney, main roles would be newcomers. In crossroads  and brave new girl movie, she chose newcomers for the main roles and known actors for old roles. 
and I don’t think she would support making an already rich artist any more rich. She would choose unknown young talents to be a support. We also know how emotional she was during britney spears camp and at the x factor auditions. But she would not give  her blessing for such a project.

I thought there’s already a bidding war to acquire the rights of the book to turn it into either a mini series, film or documentary? Isn’t that giving her blessing if she does sell the right? I would imagine she would want to be very involved in who they cast in her role. I don’t think she’d want to be involve with the casting of her father. That could be triggering.

Edited by MikeHunt
27 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Honestly ever since she expressed interest, I can't stop thinking about how perfect Millie Bobby Brown would be for the role.  She's the perfect age right now to play Britney from the start to probably at least 2010.  She would be fantastic, and she would absolutely bring a quality to the film.  Everyone would want to see it. 

It's a no-brainer in my opinion, and I genuinely hope the right people are trying to make this happen.

Reddit - Dive into anythingPinterest

Millie Bobby Brown : r/MillieBobbyBrownHQNotablePhotos on X: "Britney Spears. 1999 https://t.co/xLQffyNARf" / X

Millie Bobby Brown debuts new hair amidst Nineteen Steps promotion, fans  compare her to ICONIC Blair Waldorf | PINKVILLABritney's OK Magazine Photos Will "Kill Her Career": Photo 502951 | Britney  Spears Photos | Just Jared: Entertainment News

Millie Bobby Brown - WikipediaBritney Spears at the Rockefeller Center christmas tree lighting special  for NBC. New York City, USA - 02.12.08 Stock Photo - Alamy

Millie is a YES!! She would be soooo good as young Britney

• Love 2
  • Like 2

It's really difficult to fan-cast an actress to play Britney because as fans it's hard to be objective, and the truth is, no matter who they choose, even if they totally nailed the role, there will still be things that fans don't like about the performance or complaints to be made that something should have been done another way that feels more "Britney" to us. If they end up doing it, whoever they do choose really has to have some serious acting chops, as well as being a triple-threat so they can believably portray Britney the performer on stage, so I'm not exactly sure who fits that bill. Possibly Millie Bobby Brown, but I haven't seen enough of her outside of Stranger Things to know.

It's also the tricky matter of how much time the film would cover. Sure, Millie Bobby Brown could pass as a teenage Britney at the start of her career, but could she pass as a 40 year old Britney winning her freedom at the end of the movie? Even if she is made to look older, it's hard to know if it would be believable. 

For a role like Lou Taylor, I think actresses like Allison Janney or Sarah Paulson would be a good choice. Great character actresses who can play evil really well.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Justin Timberlake (Younger Jamie)

spacer.png

Lynne: Jennifer Connelly

spacer.png

Omg JT playing Papa Spears made me laugh harder than I thought it would... he kinda does look like him in that thumbnail :orangu_orangutan_ape:

But NOO don't insult Jennifer Connelly like that for playing Lynn... that's giving Lynne too much credit. Unless they give her a horrible wig and ugly prosthetics to represent her botched up face.
IMO the best actress that resembles Lynne would be Gretchen:

poc GIF gretchen base GIF 1*K5F75blCytIVq33N_HxJtA.gif
gretchen-dan%C3%A7ando-dancing.gif 6aec13d9fe437fa926ebce8fc3370c3f.jpg?w=108829972a7c24118b842343aff7a084b_md.jpg

Edited by jennyj
  • Haha 4

I think the rights should be used to do more if a documentary retelling of the book. The reason I don't want a movie is because this book is focused more on her personal life and drama and not her career as much. They could use JL as Britney strapped to a gurney for a dramatization of the 5150 scene. 😅

If they ever did an official movie I would want Millie. She's a great actress and could play somewhat younger or older ranges. But the movie should be focused more on her talents and accomplishments about how HUGE of Star she is.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block