Britney Spears and Janet Jackson are reportedly "bonding over shared Justin Timberlake humiliation"

Britney Spears has reportedly found a rock in Janet Jackson as the two women were publicly humiliated by Justin Timberlake.

Toxic singer Britney’s former relationship with the NSYNC star has been laid bare in her new memoir, The Woman In Me, which speaks at her pain of being vilified through his song and video for Cry Me A River.

She also revealed she had an abor**on after falling pregnant when she and Justin were teenagers, a decision she struggled with.

Janet, meanwhile, was the subject of public mocking and real anger when, during their 2004 Super Bowl performance, Justin ripped her bodice and exposed her breast.

Her career seriously faltered, while he went on to be more popular than ever, with iconic album Future***/LoveSounds coming two years after the scandal.

Now it appears Britney and Janet have formed a friendship over their shared experience, with a source telling The Mirror they are ‘still bonded by the backlash.’

Janet reached out to Britney following the publication of the memoir, offering ‘support and encouragement,’ and Britney was ‘appalled’ at how Janet was treated in the Super Bowl ‘by the same PR machine that had denigrated her.’

The two women feel Justin ‘had a lot to gain by tearing them both down,’ the source went on, saying they had private conversations at the time ‘which picked up again recently.’

‘They have a shared experience and Janet wanted Britney to know that she is here for her.’

Janet previously said she had advised Justin not to release a statement after the Super Bowl scandal to protect himself.

‘And I said, “Listen, I don’t want any drama for you. They’re aiming all of this at me”. So I said, “If I were you I wouldn’t say anything”.’

Despite Justin being the one to rip off Janet’s clothing, the singer was singled out in the aftermath and forced to apologise while also being fined and blacklisted by MTV and US radio at the time.

Although Janet explained that Justin left her ‘hanging’ on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2006, in her latest Sky docu-series last year she emphasised that the two artists are still ‘good’ friends.

Justin himself apologised over the takedown of both women in 2021, following the release of documentary Framing Britney Spears.

He said at the time: ‘I am deeply sorry for the times in my life where my actions contributed to the problem, where I spoke out of turn or did not speak up for what was right.

‘I specifically want to apologise to Britney Spears and Janet Jackson, both individually, because I care for and respect these women and I know that I failed.’

METRO.CO.UK

The two women have been in similar circumstances.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, AZBH27 said:

I hope is true but considering is the mirror UK, and this tabloid is known for making up stories for degrading the image of notable people, they did it with Princess Diana and others. I’ll just take it with a grain of salt. 

Lady D :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

JT is a flop anyways :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

his most memorable song is about Britney :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

and kids don't know him (except through britney) :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

tiktok has turned into justin timberlake hate account :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: there's even made up stories about britney saying in her book that he has a small weenie :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 2 million likes :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

one of the ugliest celebs out there tbh i'd rather sleep with cher

Edited by do the thing
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

God, please not another collab. Last solo release was Perfume. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

For a jackson we can most definitely deal. And Janet’s idea will be on par with primeney or shall I say freeney…Janet and Britney is ALWAYS welcomed in the pop world..if those two universes collided we would be skull dragged more than matm imo…did u see how well Brit danced to “all nite” in 2018…her rehearsal footage was always proof of her on stage protest. That’s why ppl could never get how she danced the same as her younger years in rehearsal but dance stiff on stage…our queen did it purposely so the world could notice her unhappiness and we did. 
mariah carey beyonce GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Donavan Ward said:

For a jackson we can most definitely deal. And Janet’s idea will be on par with primeney or shall I say freeney…Janet and Britney is ALWAYS welcomed in the pop world..if those two universes collided we would be skull dragged more than matm imo…did u see how well Brit danced to “all nite” in 2018…her rehearsal footage was always proof of her on stage protest. That’s why ppl could never get how she danced the same as her younger years in rehearsal but dance stiff on stage…our queen did it purposely so the world could notice her unhappiness and we did. 

Yessssss. Once I read the book I was like the whole Vegas show made sense. No hair flipping or moving, robotic moves. It was her only way to rebel against the abuse and have some form of control.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, do the thing said:

Lady D :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

JT is a flop anyways :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

his most memorable song is about Britney :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

and kids don't know him (except through britney) :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

tiktok has turned into justin timberlake hate account :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: there's even made up stories about britney saying in her book that he has a small weenie :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: 2 million likes :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

one of the ugliest celebs out there tbh i'd rather sleep with cher

In my personal opinion I don’t think he is a flop but there’s no denying the Britney factor of his songs.

Besides CMAR & WGA, there are so many of his that is about her. He’d be paying royalty to her 🫣

funny thing is he tried to make one song about his wife in his last album, it was a disaster 😂

17 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

• Haha 2
On 11/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, do the thing said:

Kids know him….hes Branch from Trolls….and as a person with kids my kids know of both of them but have zero idea they were ever a couple or that his songs are about her because the kids these days weren't around during those times.

But his biggest songs are about Britney and nothing will change that. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block