Remember Ellen DeGeneres' joke about Britney's money?

Fita

Hi guys,

So I was reading some content about Britney's money (allegedly $600M) being stolen from her during the c-ship (I read on Exhale). Then I remember that time when Britney went on Ellen (2016, btw she looked so beautiful!) and Ellen did a joke about Britney's being wealthier than Ben & Jerry 🍨 together and Britney was like "I don't know......🙄". I guess she answered that partially because she was kinda shy (she is shy though) about it but also because she really had no idea how much she earned or anything about her money at the time.

While it might seem like just a joke, idk it hits different today.

Do you agree?

It starts at 4:39 👇

Edited by Fita
  • Love 3
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, Mutya said:

Ellen is annoying. 

I was kinda uncomfortable with the way she talked to those people in the mall. I know it was just a joke about taking advantage of being a celebrity (and there were some funny parts imo in this vid) but I felt kind of bad for the anonymous people there in some parts 😕 like the one who worked on the ice cream shop and the other woman who was catching some coins in the water because Ellen told her so (Britney was like: Ellen, no, walk around the thing and get it yourself girl).

But I like the video though :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Edited by Fita
  • Like 2

Dear god

This really was the moment I knew Ellen had completely lost her sense of humour and attachment to reality. She had the chance to make a really funny skit at the mall with Britney, but instead for some strange reason thought it would be funny to just act like a ***** and make everything about how famous and rich she and Britney are. It really wasn't funny at all and Britney was clearly uncomfortable as hell and wanted to get out of there lmao.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Dear god

This really was the moment I knew Ellen had completely lost her sense of humour and attachment to reality. She had the chance to make a really funny skit at the mall with Britney, but instead for some strange reason thought it would be funny to just act like a ***** and make everything about how famous and rich she and Britney are. It really wasn't funny at all and Britney was clearly uncomfortable as hell and wanted to get out of there lmao.

I don’t care about the Ellen thing since those talk shows are all over now. But that was literally the skit. She used to do that bit with many celebrities. It wasn’t “strange” it was just her thing. Everyone loved this video btw. It was all about Britney being her “old self”. That was the purpose & why she dressed like her old self. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, A.a.A said:

I don’t care about the Ellen thing since those talk shows are all over now. But that was literally the skit. She used to do that bit with many celebrities. It wasn’t “strange” it was just her thing. Everyone loved this video btw. It was all about Britney being her “old self”. That was the purpose & why she dressed like her old self. 

I thought it was fun and watched several times even though I felt little uncomfortable as I said in the comment above. Btw can we talk about how cute Britney acted there? Like she seemed like a kid. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Spoiler

.. KidNey lol 😂 sorry I'm all about puns 

Edited by Fita
2 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Yeah I know that's just Ellen's schtick, which is partly why her popularity declined and her humour didn't age well at all

3 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Oh wow I never noticed that but her reaction is pretty telling of the reality of her finances and how corrupt the conservatorship actually was. 

Of course, Britney had no idea of her estate. Estate is for dead people or people in probate conservatorships who get a weekly allowance like a child. Her father felt free to spend her money however he pleased. Scant court supervision of complicated investments. 

estate = money of people who are dead or in a probate conservatorship

fortune = money of all other people

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I know she has a vague idea, but she's always made so much money she probably never worried about it.. But after what they did, she is probably even more now on top of ****.. Cause yeah, it's looking bad like at least 100 million was stolen if not more.. I just don't believe her entire net worth is just at 70 or so million dollars. It truly should be about 3x that amount and that's taking into account paying taxes constantly over the years nd all that she lost with legal bull**** and paying who deserved to be paid when working within her team.. But people took major advantage. I do know she probably lives off most of the interest monthly though, which that's the way to be in terms of longevity. 

• Like 1

Fun Fact: Most rich people don’t know exactly how much money they have. It’s not like they have all their cash sitting in the bank like most of us do.

Most (if not all) have financial advisors and firms that manage their wealth through investments and such. 

I mean, I’m far from rich but if you were to immediately ask me how much money I have, I honestly couldn’t tell you. I’d probably give you a small range. 

In other words, don’t read into it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, blissfuloutsider said:

I know she has a vague idea, but she's always made so much money she probably never worried about it.. But after what they did, she is probably even more now on top of ****.. Cause yeah, it's looking bad like at least 100 million was stolen if not more.. I just don't believe her entire net worth is just at 70 or so million dollars. It truly should be about 3x that amount and that's taking into account paying taxes constantly over the years nd all that she lost with legal bull**** and paying who deserved to be paid when working within her team.. But people took major advantage. I do know she probably lives off most of the interest monthly though, which that's the way to be in terms of longevity. 

Can you explain that more clearly to me? Do you mean that Brit spends/live off monthly from her profits and so it's a path for her financial longevity? My English is not fluent.

Edited by Fita
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block