What do you think of Crossroads?

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

What? :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised: :orangu_orangutan_ape: :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Lol here is an article about it:

POPDIRT.COM

Entertainment Weekly spoke with actor Anson Mount, who was lucky enough to have a kissing scene with Britney Spears in her new movie 'Crossroads.' The 28 year-old actor admitted he played...

• Love 1

I truly think this movie represented what she was like as a person in terms of her personality back then. I really do think she was just playing herself rather than a character. I think the movie has aged well considering it's a rise to fame type of movie. 

it's definitely no blockbuster. But good movies don't always have to be. 

happy britney spears GIF

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Britney*****88 said:

PrincessMimi i really like u :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

This movie is my childhood and teenage... 

These scenes may be naive. But they formed my personality about what love can look like. 

It was my dream to experience such a situation. This song still catches my breath and takes my heart. 

Aw thank you! Same to you! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Yeah I love Lucy and Ben’s relationship,

they were really cute especially at the end.

I love when she sings the song acapella, she sounded beautiful :) 

• Love 1

I love the movie.  Saw it a few times with friends in the theatre and own it.  I have a digital copy as well and recently watched it.  

I suspect the reason it's not on streaming services is because of the songs from Britney.   But it does happen from time to time with TV shows and movies and they change the original song.  One instance I can think of is Married with Children.  The opening song is completely different on DVD cause they couldn't get the copy write for the DVD release.  Not really a big deal because it's just one opening song, but you couldn't change the Britney songs in Crossroads because it would derail the entire movie and experience haha.  

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Jelly Spears said:

I love the movie.  Saw it a few times with friends in the theatre and own it.  I have a digital copy as well and recently watched it.  

I suspect the reason it's not on streaming services is because of the songs from Britney.   But it does happen from time to time with TV shows and movies and they change the original song.  One instance I can think of is Married with Children.  The opening song is completely different on DVD cause they couldn't get the copy write for the DVD release.  Not really a big deal because it's just one opening song, but you couldn't change the Britney songs in Crossroads because it would derail the entire movie and experience haha.  

Oh wow I never thought about that but its true especially since Britney has changed record labels in the past. :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

Maybe the old label has the rights to her songs in it.

8 hours ago, Peter Pan said:

The movie is neither good or bad. Its a bit bland. But I honestly don't think Britney did a bad job. She did just fine.

I haven't seen it in a while but I'm thinking of going the 23rd. 

It’s bland to me too. There were so many movies from this genre and era that I watched over and over and became classics, but even with Britney in it I have only seen Crossroads a handful of times. 

Hey Mimi,

So this is what I think of it. For me I cherish and enjoy this movie probably because of the nostalgia around it, because I've watched it back then on TV when I didn't even was a fan or was much aware of Britney. The scene of Brit singing Open Your Heart with a spoon as a microphone is one of the most emblematic for me!

But I watched it again in a great quality video on YouTube last week and I had a different view. I don't think it's an incredible movie. But it seems that it was done carefully by that director which is a woman. The fact that there are a lot of women involved in the production of the movie is a positive point since we've been seeing a lot of movies where we see stories of women being told by a men perspective which is practically what we always have in the history of movies... Britney seemed to be kinda involved in the making as well. I like that the people around her talk good things about her, how she seems humble, lovely and cooperative/collaborative (is it the right term?).

It seems to me like it lacks something in the movie. To be honest the fact that the critics didn't receive it very well affect my opinion in a way. But it still feels like it lacks something. Maybe more emotional words coming from Britney? By the way the scene where she's in the bathroom is one the high points and the best of the movie, I think Britney did great there.

Zoe's character is soo annoying in the beginning of the movie, the whole thing about being popular, prom queen, the scene where she treats Lucy bad in the school hallway is ugh, I don't like how she treated Lucy, I feel bad watching it.

Taryn's character is relatable and it's nice that they brought up the subject of r/a/pe and all the feelings it involves.

The guy is really hot (has that bad guy look Britney seems to enjoy irl lol).

Lucy's father was really well casted. Personally I feel uncomfortable with being sooo overprotective of his daughter. Lol, yeah, part of the movie. And he looks so next door, it's nice.

I can relate to the relationship between Lucy and her father and how she kinda needed to rebel it out and do what she felt like in life and doing it her way. But I don't know it felt kinda disconnected the ending where she's auditioning to the label. Mimi's gonna be just a backing vocal? 🤔 Maybe a songwriter.

The scene where they sing in that karaoke is one of that popstar moments we all remember watching from those teenage or kid days, haha. Britney is so pretty. And she has that style of hair they did in her at 2008 VMAs.

Well, I hoped that by the ending when they bury the box once again they would make new wishes or promises that they remain forever friends... after all, we know how life is... and it keeps going and going. And people separate again. This is what it is.

It's a good movie to remember and to watch again. Nice to see Britney's youth and how lovely and open to do it all and to learn she was. She seemed really into doing more movies at that time, right? She even mentioned how more exciting was to make a movie rather than a music video.

Other exciting high points of the movie are definitely the ones with singing in the car!

let's go girls!

britney spears GIF

Hope you liked my analysis and opinion. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Fita said:

Hey Mimi,

So this is what I think of it. For me I cherish and enjoy this movie probably because of the nostalgia around it, because I've watched it back then on TV when I didn't even was a fan or was much aware of Britney. The scene of Brit singing Open Your Heart with a spoon as a microphone is one of the most emblematic for me!

But I watched it again in a great quality video on YouTube last week and I had a different view. I don't think it's an incredible movie. But it seems that it was done carefully by that director which is a woman. The fact that there are a lot of women involved in the production of the movie is a positive point since we've been seeing a lot of movies where we see stories of women being told by a men perspective which is practically what we always have in the history of movies... Britney seemed to be kinda involved in the making as well. I like that the people around her talk good things about her, how she seems humble, lovely and cooperative/collaborative (is it the right term?).

It seems to me like it lacks something in the movie. To be honest the fact that the critics didn't receive it very well affect my opinion in a way. But it still feels like it lacks something. Maybe more emotional words coming from Britney? By the way the scene where she's in the bathroom is one the high points and the best of the movie, I think Britney did great there.

Zoe's character is soo annoying in the beginning of the movie, the whole thing about being popular, prom queen, the scene where she treats Lucy bad in the school hallway is ugh, I don't like how she treated Lucy, I feel bad watching it.

Taryn's character is relatable and it's nice that they brought up the subject of r/a/pe and all the feelings it involves.

The guy is really hot (has that bad guy look Britney seems to enjoy irl lol).

Lucy's father was really well casted. Personally I feel uncomfortable with being sooo overprotective of his daughter. Lol, yeah, part of the movie. And he looks so next door, it's nice.

I can relate to the relationship between Lucy and her father and how she kinda needed to rebel it out and do what she felt like in life and doing it her way. But I don't know it felt kinda disconnected the ending where she's auditioning to the label. Mimi's gonna be just a backing vocal? 🤔 Maybe a songwriter.

The scene where they sing in that karaoke is one of that popstar moments we all remember watching from those teenage or kid days, haha. Britney is so pretty. And she has that style of hair they did in her at 2008 VMAs.

Well, I hoped that by the ending when they bury the box once again they would make new wishes or promises that they remain forever friends... after all, we know how life is... and it keeps going and going. And people separate again. This is what it is.

It's a good movie to remember and to watch again. Nice to see Britney's youth and how lovely and open to do it all and to learn she was. She seemed really into doing more movies at that time, right? She even mentioned how more exciting was to make a movie rather than a music video.

Other exciting high points of the movie are definitely the ones with singing in the car!

let's go girls!

britney spears GIF

Hope you liked my analysis and opinion. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Oh yeah I like it, I agree with alot of your points especially on how people separate because did you notice that once Lucy and Ben got together, it seems like her friendships with Kit and Mimi changed or stopped being important to her?

It's like she abandoned them for him.

Just the fact that she didn't go with Kit and Mimi to confront Kit's cheating boyfriend for she can have sx with Ben is proof enough.

I also found it hilarious how she was so hesitant and resistant to sleep with that nerd guy in the beginning of the movie yet gave it up so quickly for Ben.

I was like damn girl lol :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yeah I like it, I agree with alot of your points especially on how people separate because did you notice that once Lucy and Ben got together, it seems like her friendships with Kit and Mimi changed or stopped being important to her?

It's like she abandoned them for him.

Just the fact that she didn't go with Kit and Mimi to confront Kit's cheating boyfriend for she can have sx with Ben is proof enough.

I also found it hilarious how she was so hesitant and resistant to sleep with that nerd guy in the beginning of the movie yet gave it up so quickly for Ben.

I was like damn girl lol :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Yeah but come on, it wasn't really exciting or at least passionate how they planned to do it (with the "nerd"). It was like mechanical s**. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: She wasn't really into it. With Ben things were flowing naturally. There was definitely a emotional component involved. Yeah, Ben looked better and had that bad guy thing.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, Fita said:

Yeah but come on, it wasn't really exciting or at least passionate how they planned to do it (with the "nerd"). It was like mechanical s**. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward: She wasn't really into it. With Ben things were flowing naturally. There was definitely a emotional component involved. Yeah, Ben looked better and had that bad guy thing.

Lol true.

Ben was way hotter so I dont blame her, I was just surprised by how fast things got between them.

Also the one thing I didn't understand with the movie's storyline is how did Lucy end up wanting to be a singer?

Her character didn't really talk about wanting a music career or anything.

Tbh I think the director added that subplot for that way it can give Britney the excuse to sing and perform in the movie.

Which I have no problem with tbh.

Also I can see why Britney said that I'm Not A Girl was more for Lucy because it did seem more relatable to her character than Britney herself.

I just wonder why they added all the Crossroads songs onto the Britney album instead of having its own seperate soundtrack.

36 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Lol true.

Ben was way hotter so I dont blame her, I was just surprised by how fast things got between them.

Also the one thing I didn't understand with the movie's storyline is how did Lucy end up wanting to be a singer?

Her character didn't really talk about wanting a music career or anything.

Tbh I think the director added that subplot for that way it can give Britney the excuse to sing and perform in the movie.

Which I have no problem with tbh.

Also I can see why Britney said that I'm Not A Girl was more for Lucy because it did seem more relatable to her character than Britney herself.

I just wonder why they added all the Crossroads songs onto the Britney album instead of having its own seperate soundtrack.

Exactly (about she ending up doing the audition and never mentioning this wish to be singer). But, hm, I guess sometimes people don't talk about what they really want to do and yet they end up somehow doing it, maybe for being the more natural path. But also Lucy had to push herself out of the "nest" in the beginning of the movie. 

I guess it was the easiest to use the same music from the movie in the album, that way they were already doing promo for the CD. With that being said... I've always wondered what came first: the recording of the movie or the recording of Britney and its music videos? Because there's definitely a difference in the length of Britney's hair though. Or was it extensions? I don't think so, Britney era seems very natural hair. One of the prettiest hairney actually.

Edited by Fita

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block