What do you think of Crossroads?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

Since its already October and in 3 weeks Crossroads comes back in theaters

(I actually bought my ticket this weekend!)

I figured to make a thread about the movie and ask what you guys truly think of it.

Now here's my opinion:

I think its a good movie about friendship and discovering who you are,

it has a great message about being true to who you are and I think its well written and enjoyable.

I think Britney did a great job as Lucy.

She was believable to me as this cautious girl who wants to search meaning in her life and find her birth mother. When she cried after her cold meeting with her mother, it made me feel bad for her. It's like she was actually crying about her mom (which now in hindsight she probably was)

She was also unbelievably beautiful and charming as well.

I also think Zoe Saldana and Taryn Manning did a great job as well in their roles and Anson Mount was perfect for the role of Ben.

I enjoyed when Britney sang in the movie especially I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman in Acapella.

She sounds so beautiful with her natural voice.

I truly enjoyed this movie and I think critics and people hate on it cause Britney is the star of the movie.

I feel like if she wasn't the star of the movie and it was someone else, then it would've been much more well received.

No I'm not saying Britney is an Oscar worthy actress but I do think she's more talented in acting than people give her credit for.

Here's my unpopular opinion:

Britney did a better job in Crossroads than Mariah did in Glitter.

(Still like Glitter though, don't get me wrong)

I just hope that lots of people attend the screenings for that way it can show Paramount and her team that this movie needs to be on streaming services.

The fact that it is not, is an injustice to me!
Its such a cute fun movie yet most people including the new generation don't even know this movie exists.

I hope it gets on streaming services after this.

But anyways what do you guys think of Crossroads?

Do you like it or its not your fave?

crossroads.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I agree with your points.

It's a nice road trip movie that makes everyone going from almost enemies back to being best friends, finding love and their purpose in life.

Also it has some really good scenes with replay value. Like the opening with Brit singing Madonna, the prom night, the karaoke, the Bye Bye singing along etc.

It could become a classic, at least a teen classic movie, but it's like they don't play it on tv and of course it's not on netflix.

Edited by The Dream
  • Love 1

Tacky but lovable, exactly what you’d expect from a Britney movie. I remember before I came out in high school my girlfriend slowly became obsessed with Brit again because of my obsession. How she didn’t know I was gay is beyond me but no one did tbh. Anyways she LOVES this movie and her favorite part is when the ugly homeless dude with the creepy long straggly hair yells “GET OFF THE STAGE!” in a bizarre English accent 😂 We used to randomly yell that to each other and die.  She lived in a huge house in high school so it was fun watching movies and tv in the theatre. I’ll never forget watching the 2007 vmas down in that room. I have to dm her now so many memories. Maybe we can go together and if so I’ll post a video of us screaming GET OFF THE STAGE!!! 😂😂😂 For a good laugh AND reference to this quote check out the video below. She calls him Joe Dirt 😂 @ 14:40 

Edited by TakeYourHand
  • Haha 2
  • Super Mods
29 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Tacky but lovable, exactly what you’d expect from a Britney movie. I remember before I came out in high school my girlfriend slowly became obsessed with Brit again because of my obsession. How she didn’t know I was gay is beyond me but no one did tbh. Anyways she LOVES this movie and her favorite part is when the ugly homeless dude with the creepy long straggly hair yells “GET OFF THE STAGE!” in a bizarre English accent 😂 We used to randomly yell that to each other and die.  She lived in a huge house in high school so it was fun watching movies and tv in the theatre. I’ll never forget watching the 2007 vmas down in that room. I have to dm her now so many memories. Maybe we can go together and if so I’ll post a video of us screaming GET OFF THE STAGE!!! 😂😂😂 For a good laugh AND reference to this quote check out the video below. She calls him Joe Dirt 😂 @ 14:40 

Lol I actually saw this YouTube video like a month ago and I loved it!

I love this YouTuber, she's so funny :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I love it! You never forget that Lucy is actually Britney Spears (I laugh out loud when she seemingly "writes" I'm Not a Girl at the piano and sings it almost perfectly on the first try) but Zoe and Taryn are perfect for their roles. I think Britney's acting is great and I agree that the crying scene in the bathroom is really strong. I love that it seems like a cheesy chick flick but also has some mature themes and real drama. I remember when it came out, me and my best friend made a "friendship box" and promised to take a road trip to LA when we turned 18 (that definitely didn't happen, lol). 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Never seen it. But got my ticket ready for the 23rd! :goat_monster_devil_dance_dancing_makeup_brush:

Me too!

I've seen it before but I didn't get to see it when it came out in theaters cause I was a little kid when it was released

but now I am gonna be able to!

I actually also bought a new Britney sweatshirt for I can wear when I see it lol.

I just hope that the theater that I'm gonna see it at has special merchandise that I can buy and keep as a souvenir.

4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Lol I actually saw this YouTube video like a month ago and I loved it!

I love this YouTuber, she's so funny :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

She’s wicked funny! I suggest you watch her videos. I always get a few good laughs. I loved her take on Crossroads but honestly she was a little more gentle than normal. She’s a Britney Stan. Btw…GET OFF THE STAGE!!! 😂

In all seriousness WTF was that moment? I feel like Brit asked for a hillbilly trucker trash man to appear on their journey in the movie 😂 SO RANDOM and what makes it crazier is the weird AF English accent. I ended up messaging my ex and we’re dying. Looking into tickets tonight to go together! ❤️ I know we’re going to scream that part and be hated by the entire theatre hahaha. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

She’s wicked funny! I suggest you watch her videos. I always get a few good laughs. I loved her take on Crossroads but honestly she was a little more gentle than normal. She’s a Britney Stan. Btw…GET OFF THE STAGE!!! 😂

In all seriousness WTF was that moment? I feel like Brit asked for a hillbilly trucker trash man to appear on their journey in the movie 😂 SO RANDOM and what makes it crazier is the weird AF English accent. I ended up messaging my ex and we’re dying. Looking into tickets tonight to go together! ❤️ I know we’re going to scream that part and be hated by the entire theatre hahaha. 

Yeah I've seen her videos and she's probably the only reactor on YouTube who makes funny skits and jokes about the movies she's watching. I love her lol 

• Love 1

It’s not bad … it’s just not very entertaining … like it’s kind of slow. and Britney is dressed more like Britney Spears than Lucy in half the film. 

all in all I think for a pop star movie it’s one of the best .. because it doesn’t try to be something it’s not and it’s not pretentious 

Edited by devilsadvocate

Honestly, it was superficial at first look, but I like that Mimi & Kit rethought their personalities and changed their character. Both learned to trust and open themselves up. Lucy has grown up and can say what she wants and what she doesn't want.

Bad is that Lucy was somewhere else during that traumatic experience when Mimi miscarried. Because of this, she became somewhat disconnected from the two, and Mimi & Kit were closer to each other than to Lucy (from who didn't want to hug Mimi in the hospital, but from Kit yes!) I think the movie was more about making people think about their lives and character after watching the movie, because there are a lot of scenes and parts of their lives missing, and there were only hints of how hard their lives are and why are they so difficult.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Whitney Houston said:

Honestly, it was superficial at first look, but I like that Mimi & Kit rethought their personalities and changed their character. Both learned to trust and open themselves up. Lucy has grown up and can say what she wants and what she doesn't want.

Bad is that Lucy was somewhere else during that traumatic experience when Mimi miscarried. Because of this, she became somewhat disconnected from the two, and Mimi & Kit were closer to each other than to Lucy (from who didn't want to hug Mimi in the hospital, but from Kit yes!) I think the movie was more about making people think about their lives and character after watching the movie, because there are a lot of scenes and parts of their lives missing, and there were only hints of how hard their lives are and why are they so difficult.

Yeah I noticed how towards the end, when Lucy and Ben got together, its like she forgot or stopped focusing on Kit and Mimi.

I'm not saying she abandoned them cause I think they still were friends at the end but its obvious that Ben became more important to Lucy than her friends.

Which can be a reality when people first get together in a new relationship. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I noticed how towards the end, when Lucy and Ben got together, its like she forgot or stopped focusing on Kit and Mimi.

I'm not saying she abandoned them cause I think they still were friends at the end but its obvious that Ben became more important to Lucy than her friends.

Which can be a reality when people first get together in a new relationship. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I would never leave people who need me behind just because they fall in love with someone. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Btw- The last scene is like copycat from The Bodyguard :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
10 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

I would never leave people who need me behind just because they fall in love with someone. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Btw- The last scene is like copycat from The Bodyguard :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I admit I did act like Lucy with my first relationship when I was younger but then the good thing is I learned my lesson and realized that you should never leave your friends behind cause you're in a relationship.

Now in the future, when I get into a new one, I now will balance both my social life and love life.

I think its much healthier to have a social life as well than to only be friends with your s.o,

that gets tiring.

Lol I never thought of that but hey that's true :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

The only thing I find strange and funny is how Lucy was so against having sx with that nerd guy in the beginning of the movie yet gave it up quickly to Ben. But then again, looking at him I don't blame her :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block