Angelica Ross Accuses Emma Roberts Of Being Transphobic To Her On Set Of American Horror Story

Cancer

3 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Transphobia isn't that cut and dried, though. You can say transphobic things while not actively hating trans people and thinking they're subhuman. What she said indicates she doesn't see trans women as real women which is, in fact, transphobic. And the same applies to racism, homophobia, and so on. The fact that she has LGBT friends doesn't excuse her - if anything, it makes her words all the more disappointing. IMO, anyways...

I disagree…

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

Gender dysphoria is a diagnosable medical condition. Referring to someone who has transitioned with their preferred pronouns isn't saying "I actually believe you are a woman" but more "I recognize you are suffering from a condition and I am trying to accommodate you and not make you suffer more, just like I would accommodate people with any other medical condition." 

There is no scientific PROOF  of this though. Many mental diagnosis can be made. Like for me I have GAD , scientifically in my genes ......no , it's mental in my head . My brains chemicals do not work correctly.  I am not mean or hateful to ppl that do have to suffer for that . But because you have to suffer with something not mentally right I should toss aside God and Gods design and call you a woman? I don't think so . 

I did not make this thread to debate the nautre of womanhood.

However, I do think it's a strange comment coming from Emma Roberts, who looks to me like she's survived a famine...the girl is seriously bony, and I wonder if she's damaged her eggs by eating so little? Being that underweight can reduce a woman's fertility by causing hormone imbalances that affect ovulation...of course i'm assuming a lot here, but it's ironic of her to attack someone's womanhood when she probably has  her own female identity issues.. Let's just say Emma's 'body' does not look like a conventional woman's...

Edited by Cancer
1 hour ago, Yasux34 said:

Watch me get a warning or points for my own beliefs. If Emma did she does not owe Angelica anything . I or no one else is required to call a man a woman . Just no . When people say “don’t for your religion on me etc “ this stuff isn’t any different .

Like for real I will follow God and his requirements of me to the best of my ability than to call a man a woman or a woman a man . And I’d get a warning because I stand with God over anything else then shame on you .

Unless you got brainwashed by your parents, religion is a personal choice, especially considering how much religious fundamentalists pick and choose which parts of their scripture to follow and believe in. Being trans and being religious - not comparable in the slightest. Besides, if someone looks and behaves like a woman, there's no reason to refer to her as anything other than that in a civilized society. If you didn't know Angelica was trans, you'd refer to her as a woman because that's who she is. As soon as transphobes find out someone's trans, they literally have to lie to and delude themselves into using the wrong pronouns just to be azzholes and make a point. Like, make it make sense... :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I did not make this thread to debate the nautre of womanhood.

However, I do think it's a strange comment coming from Emma Roberts, who looks to me like she's survived a famine...the girl is seriously bony, and I wonder if she's damaged her eggs by eating so little? Being that underweight can reduce a woman's fertility by causing hormone imbalances that affect ovulation...of course i'm assuming a lot here, but it's ironic of her to attack someone's womanhood when she probably has  her own female identity issues.. Let's just say Emma's 'body' does not look like a conventional woman's...

she is a mother. she’s always been naturally slim.

10 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

They are not real women though they are transwomen .....when they have a Uturus and the bone structure to give birth ,  have monthlys etc etc sure we can debate. 

Unless you're someone's doctor, their biology is completely irrelevant to you. On a social level, it makes complete sense to treat trans women as women (which is what they are). Someone's genitals do not impact how they're socialized. If someone contributes to society as a woman, you shall treat her as such.

14 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

There is no scientific PROOF  of this though. But because you have to suffer with something not mentally right I should toss aside God and Gods design and call you a woman? I don't think so . 

You can't say, "There's no scientific proof," and then turn around and cite fairy tales. There's so many religions in the world (many of which are much older than Christianity) - get over the fact that Jesus is not the one true God. You chose to follow his word, and that's the end of it. You can't judge others based on a rule book they do not subscribe to themselves. Judge yourself and other Christians, not people who want nothing to do with your fairy tales. :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Unless you got brainwashed by your parents, religion is a personal choice, especially considering how much religious fundamentalists pick and choose which parts of their scripture to follow and believe in. Being trans and being religious - not comparable in the slightest. Besides, if someone looks and behaves like a woman, there's no reason to refer to her as anything other than that in a civilized society. If you didn't know Angelica was trans, you'd refer to her as a woman because that's who she is. As soon as transphobes find out someone's trans, they literally have to lie to and delude themselves into using the wrong pronouns just to be azzholes and make a point. Like, make it make sense... :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

I knew she was Trans she did amazing in Pose . As I said I have no hatred for trans people. 

Just now, i sometimes sing live said:

Unless you're someone's doctor, their biology is completely irrelevant to you. On a social level, it makes complete sense to treat trans women as women (which is what they are). Someone's genitals do not impact how they're socialized. If someone contributes to society as a woman, you shall treat her as such.

You can't say, "There's no scientific proof," and then turn around and cite fairy tales. There's so many religions in the world (many of which are much older than Christianity) - get over the fact that Jesus is not the one true God. You chose to follow his word, and that's the end of it. You can't judge others based on a rule book they do not subscribe to themselves. Judge yourself and other Christians, not people who want nothing to do with your fairy tales. :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

I dont have to and will not address anybody by their own delusions. deal with it.

1 minute ago, i sometimes sing live said:

And I am not living in the fairy tale that men are women  American Horror Story Fiona GIF

2 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Also, you literally called her a woman yourself:

See how that works? You did it automatically because it makes sense. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

You are missing what I am saying lmao I dont hate trans people . I dont mind respecting pronouns if they are respectful but in my mind do I believe them as a real biological birthed female.....absolutely not. I REFUSE  to take away what real women have to go through and deal with in life to do that .

1 minute ago, Yasux34 said:

You are missing what I am saying lmao I dont hate trans people . I dont mind respecting pronouns if they are respectful but in my mind do I believe them as a real biological birthed female.....absolutely not. I REFUSE  to take away what real women have to go through and deal with in life to do that .

But most trans women accept they're not biological women, so what's your point? :typing_keyboard_computer:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

There is no scientific PROOF  of this though. Many mental diagnosis can be made. Like for me I have GAD , scientifically in my genes ......no , it's mental in my head . My brains chemicals do not work correctly.  I am not mean or hateful to ppl that do have to suffer for that . But because you have to suffer with something not mentally right I should toss aside God and Gods design and call you a woman? I don't think so . 

Yes. Not because they are actually a woman but because some medical conditions, you kind of DO have to lie to people. Would you tell someone with dementia when they ask where their spouse is, that their spouse is dead and the year is 2023, or will you be like "Ok grandma he will be here in the next hour" and let her forget about it because it's more compassionate sometimes to lie than to tell the truth. 

2 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

Yes. Not because they are actually a woman but because some medical conditions, you kind of DO have to lie to people. Would you tell someone with dementia when they ask where their spouse is, that their spouse is dead and the year is 2023, or will you be like "Ok grandma he will be here in the next hour" and let her forget about it because it's more compassionate sometimes to lie than to tell the truth. 

good point

6 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

good point

I don't actually consider trans women to be women, but I recognize that due to their medical condition it is essential to their mental well being and stability that we refer to them as such, and to not do so, is unnecessarily cruel knowing the severity of gender dysphoria on the psyche of the people suffering from it. I do not think it is too much to say "she" if you know that saying "he" will cause that person to have a panic attack or worse. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block