Angelica Ross Accuses Emma Roberts Of Being Transphobic To Her On Set Of American Horror Story

Cancer

Angelica Ross has accused Emma Roberts of making a transphobic comment on the set of American Horror Story.

Both actresses shared the screen in multiple episodes of the ninth season of the long-standing anthology series in 2019.

On Tuesday, an AHS fan captured Ross’ Instagram live in which she speaks out about an alleged incident in which Roberts apparently made a transphobic comment.

Ross claimed that she was ‘standing in front of Emma’ when Roberts addressed a crew member (seemingly referring to AHS director John J. Gray), saying: “John! Angelica’s being mean.”

The Pose star continued with her allegations, saying: “And I know she’s not being for real, for real – she’s just being whatever – and John is like, ‘OK ladies, that’s enough, let’s get back to work’. And [Roberts] then looks at me and goes: ‘Don’t you mean lady?’.

“And she turns around like this and covers her mouth. I’m staring at her, looking her dead *** in the [camera], and I’m like, trying to process the **** she just said. then claimed: “When I saw that happening, I was just like, ‘I’m done. I’m done’. I didn’t speak to that ***** the entire time after that

1 minute ago, Dama Etro said:

The trans drama :emma: She already apologized for whatever actually happened. You really have to watch your mouth around sensitive people, I doubt she was serious about it though and her words were just faster than her brain.

I dunno. Emma Roberts is known for her questionable behaviour, including biting men. 

Mileena Fatality GIFs | Tenor

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

i feel like if u can take a d u can take a joke… i seriouslllllly doubt emma roberts is transphobic… but idk i guess i would be offended too maybe… i’m not sure… but if you are going to be openly trans, openly gay, etc.. ppl are always going to have an opinion… i think once u accept that some people are smaller brained than others it might not be such a big deal… still sad to hear… i loved their chemistry in 1984 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I genuinely doubt Emma Roberts is transphobic, she works with far too many lgbtq people closely and even has close lgbtqi friends. But it is true that her behaviour is somewhat problematic and she isn't the nicest person in Hollywood lol, a lot of people testified to this.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I genuinely doubt Emma Roberts is transphobic, she works with far too many lgbtq people closely and even has close lgbtqi friends. But it is true that her behaviour is somewhat problematic and she isn't the nicest person in Hollywood lol, a lot of people testified to this.

Transphobia isn't that cut and dried, though. You can say transphobic things while not actively hating trans people and thinking they're subhuman. What she said indicates she doesn't see trans women as real women which is, in fact, transphobic. And the same applies to racism, homophobia, and so on. The fact that she has LGBT friends doesn't excuse her - if anything, it makes her words all the more disappointing. IMO, anyways...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Transphobia isn't that cut and dried, though. You can say transphobic things while not actively hating trans people and thinking they're subhuman. What she said indicates she doesn't see trans women as real women which is, in fact, transphobic. And the same applies to racism, homophobia, and so on. The fact that she has LGBT friends doesn't excuse her - if anything, it makes her words all the more disappointing. IMO, anyways...

Hmmm yeah, I actually do agree with you. Needless to say I find her comment extremely unnecessary.

I always say, you have the full right to hate gays, trans, etc. but you don't have the right to say it out loud and make people feel like absolute **** because of your douchery. I can't make a person love gays if they are so bent over hating us, but I can and WILL shut them down the moment they make it public and start attacking us verbally or otherwise :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:So I agree, even if she doesn't see trans women as actual women, she can and should keep it to herself.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Mxra said:

Of course she waited till the new season of AHS was about to premiere to spit this up :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay: 

It is precisely timed. She also announced that she leaves Hollywood behind to run for public office. She also herself shared that she started the whole thing by shading Emma, but then was not happy about a "transphobic remark" (it was from a Hollywood Report article).

• Haha 1

All I will say is that it said something to me that Emma apologized in private, as she should have, by calling Angelica directly... yet Angelica brought this entire discussion to the public platform of social media.  Huge contrast between how these two "ladies" handle situations. Angelica may be a woman, sure I will not take that from her... but she was not acting as a woman of character in doing that. It was entirely for social media clout and another minute in the spotlight. 

• Love 3

the way many are responding to this speaks volume on your stances when it comes to marginalised communities - when a black trans woman speaks up about her encounters with microaggressions coming from coworkers of privilege in an environment that is already unfavourable to said communities, she is "accusing", she is "unwomanly", she is "attention-seeking" and "strategic", all of which have been terminologies often used to belittle and discredit (trans)women and POC and directly trivialising their struggles as mere drama meant for OUR entertainment and reactions... accountability is important and I am glad she spoke up - let us, who have long been advocates and activists for other communities AND Britney herself - not be hypocritical when it comes to this issue... one can so easily see parallels between people discrediting Britney as crazy and people now saying Angelica is dubious .. much love

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Watch me get a warning or points for my own beliefs. If Emma did she does not owe Angelica anything . I or no one else is required to call a man a woman . Just no . When people say “don’t for your religion on me etc “ this stuff isn’t any different .

Like for real I will follow God and his requirements of me to the best of my ability than to call a man a woman or a woman a man . And I’d get a warning because I stand with God over anything else then shame on you .

• Haha 2
57 minutes ago, fill the crown said:

the way many are responding to this speaks volume on your stances when it comes to marginalised communities - when a black trans woman speaks up about her encounters with microaggressions coming from coworkers of privilege in an environment that is already unfavourable to said communities, she is "accusing", she is "unwomanly", she is "attention-seeking" and "strategic", all of which have been terminologies often used to belittle and discredit (trans)women and POC and directly trivialising their struggles as mere drama meant for OUR entertainment and reactions... accountability is important and I am glad she spoke up - let us, who have long been advocates and activists for other communities AND Britney herself - not be hypocritical when it comes to this issue... one can so easily see parallels between people discrediting Britney as crazy and people now saying Angelica is dubious .. much love

I do think Emma owed Angelica an apology, and I am glad that Emma gave her an apology. I am merely questioning why one of them chose to do it in private and the other chose to do so publicly. This tells something about their motivations. 

56 minutes ago, Yasux34 said:

Watch me get a warning or points for my own beliefs. If Emma did she does not owe Angelica anything . I or no one else is required to call a man a woman . Just no . When people say “don’t for your religion on me etc “ this stuff isn’t any different .

Like for real I will follow God and his requirements of me to the best of my ability than to call a man a woman or a woman a man . And I’d get a warning because I stand with God over anything else then shame on you .

Gender dysphoria is a diagnosable medical condition. Referring to someone who has transitioned with their preferred pronouns isn't saying "I actually believe you are a woman" but more "I recognize you are suffering from a condition and I am trying to accommodate you and not make you suffer more, just like I would accommodate people with any other medical condition." 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block