Kylie releases „TENSION” music video

MKALLY

She always had that living room with an old tv in her videos since I think 2018 videos but other than that this is the kind of musiv video I am missing from other female artists, this is artistic with it's effects and she has different looks all shapes and sizes and cute dancing. The song is s bop!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ofcoursenot said:

I like it! She looks perfect! But... I think the video doesn't go with the song, too many static shots. Is the same director from Padam Padam?

Yes, same director - Sophie Muller (multiple videos for Kylie, for example Dancing, Magic)

Edited by MKALLY
  • Love 1

I love the movie inspirations and nods to Blade Runner, reminds me of Madonna when she used to do that on her videos. It's fun, gives lots of replay value and some kind of depth.

I like the meaning of her being in that motel room (ever since the "Golden" era), kinda like an artist space that the new deal with BMG provided for her; in that "space" she can be free and dream and be creative and "regular" Kylie enters the neon cabin, where "dark" Kylie (her pop dreams and desires) tempts her with the huge shiny red-hair diva and finally shows her "Showgirl" Kylie, the little thing they both together can give life to - when they want to. Regular normal Kylie needs the other parts in her to be the Showgirl* and the **** popstar everyone loves.

And all that while she's in the motel room, of course. xd

It's kinda like a camp Sci-Fi version of the "Did It Again" video!

* If we want go deeper, the Showgirl could even be a metaphor for her Vegas deal and Dark Kylie is industry people tempting her to do it and her finally giving in like "OK, it's good, I'll be the cute little showgirl for you all".

* Probably the video were just Sophie Muller and her with a little larger budget thanks to "Padam" and were just trying wigs and not thinking of any of this xd

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block