Britney wrote "Don't Hang Up" about Colin Farrell, says songwriter Joshua Schwartz

Britney reportedly took inspiration for 'In The Zone' cut, "Don't Hang Up," from her fling with Colin Farrell. 

The song's co-writer, Joshua Schwartz, gives fans context behind the fan fav: "I think that song is about phone s**. She was dating Justin at the time, but they broke up as we delved further into the album," Schwartz says in an interview on the The Original Doll podcast (below). After the breakup, she went on a dating spree and started seeing Colin Farrell. I remember being there for all that. I was in LA when she informed me about her date with him. I recall saying, 'I don’t know who that is.' She replied, 'Minority Report, have you seen it? Why don’t you watch it tonight?' And I watched it and thought, 'Oh, he's cute, good luck.' She would often talk about how she was on the phone with him all the time, so I believe that's where the inspiration for the song came from."

Thoughts?! 📞👄 

Source: Jamez's Rodrigues podcast. Listen to it here: 

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Lol I kinda live for the fact it was kinda based on her relationship with Colin Farrell :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: He was so hot back in the day! 

Songwriter Joshua Schwartz reveals that Britney Spears wrote Don’t Hang Up about Colin Farrell: "I think that song is about phone s**. She was dating Justin at the time, but they broke up as we delved further into the album. After the breakup, she went on a dating spree and started seeing Colin Farrell. I remember being there for all that. I was in LA when she informed me about her date with him. I recall saying, 'I don’t know who that is.' She replied, 'Minority Report, have you seen it? Why don’t you watch it tonight?' And I watched it and thought, 'Oh, he's cute, good luck.' She would often talk about how she was on the phone with him all the time, so I believe that's where the inspiration for the song came from."

28 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Once AGIAN y’all are posting these stories from stupid fan accounts and giving NO CREDIT to the actual person who worked hard to get this information.  James Rodriguez’s podcast is the only place someone would get that info. 

Uh, I didn't know it came from a podcast nor posted this with the intention of "not giving credit" to anyone.

Updated the post.

• Love 1

I think Britney was into dating hot men until Kfed and after that she thought that they were all d-bags and started dating ugly men only to find out they suck too. David Lucado may have been her last straw she was like hell no I'm going back to the good looking ones now 

• Haha 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block